GS1000

Sabe said:
jack said:
thanks for the tips with SD card.

I wanted to turn on the camera but I think battery was empty.. now it's recharging through USB cable, how long it usually takes ?

Well, it's not meant to use like charge and use mode, more like that usb power is always connected, to computer or car adapter. I think battery on gs1000 camera is more or less a joke, usually battery powers camera only less that 10 minutes, no matter how long you charge it.

yep, you're right, battery is not the best item in this camera.. anyway my GS1000 is up and running,

first thing, is there any way to turn off this annoying sound when pressing the buttons ? :)

I tried to play the movies/view photos on my HD TV, with HDMI cable it doesn't work even when changing "TV type" option (ntsc/pal) doesn't help, also flicker 50/60.. it works with cinch cables (av out) but I have only white-black screen and the quality is very poor.. did you experience sth like this ?

jack said:
yep, you're right, battery is not the best item in this camera.. anyway my GS1000 is up and running,

first thing, is there any way to turn off this annoying sound when pressing the buttons ? :)

I tried to play the movies/view photos on my HD TV, with HDMI cable it doesn't work even when changing "TV type" option (ntsc/pal) doesn't help, also flicker 50/60.. it works with cinch cables (av out) but I have only white-black screen and the quality is very poor.. did you experience sth like this ?

sounds would be a menu setting, look for a volume option

black and white picture on AV output suggests you have the PAL/NTSC setting wrong

Flicker 50/60 is for recording, set that to match whatever your local power is, eg 220v/50Hz, 110v/60Hz, it stops things like traffic lights from flickering in your recordings

Pull the card out and play on a computer is maybe a better option than through the TV

Sabe said:
I have seen only sd cards with wifi, i wonder would it be possible to make an adapter from sd to microsd, i think pinout is the same on both cards.
There are some SD Card Extension Cable which can be for Micro and SD Cards. But you can look also on ebay or searching for different terms.
But if you are thinking to a wireless sd card you should search a lot about how is working and if the transfer speed is enough for video files. I don't think it can work as some FTP and have just a function to automatically transfer a file which is in the DCIM folder and this means transferring all files from your card.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hello. I found a camera called GS1000VSA. The firmware is 20120929, so I think that is the same as the GS5000 "fake orange menu". If someone has one of them ... Can you post a backup of this firmware?? Thank you a lot !!

jack said:

I got rid of sounds by accident, when i opened my camera the speaker cord got loose from pcb...i never fix it.
HDMI cable should work just fine with these steps,
Connect hdmi cable to camera and television, put camera on, search from television hdmi source, now it should work. Not very complicated, if it doesn't work like that then there is something wrong.
From AV cable connect white and red plug to tv, to me it doesn't matter was it PAL or NTCS, both worked just fine, at least in my samsung tv.

Mtz said:
Sabe said:
I have seen only sd cards with wifi, i wonder would it be possible to make an adapter from sd to microsd, i think pinout is the same on both cards.
There are some SD Card Extension Cable which can be for Micro and SD Cards. But you can look also on ebay or searching for different terms.
But if you are thinking to a wireless sd card you should search a lot about how is working and if the transfer speed is enough for video files. I don't think it can work as some FTP and have just a function to automatically transfer a file which is in the DCIM folder and this means transferring all files from your card.

enjoy,
Mtz
Thanks for the adapter tip, it was exactly what i meant.
And yes, i don't know how sd-wifi works, i have seen them only in ad but i'm willing to try someday.

Sabe said:
Connect hdmi cable to camera and television, put camera on, search from television hdmi source, now it should work.
that's what I have done :) I chose the correct HDMI source cable, the thing is that when I connect it to TV, the screen of the camera turns off..and it doesn't want to turn on while connected..

Sabe said:
if it doesn't work like that then there is something wrong.
could that the "fake camera" issue ? I have SMH4.36.220812B firmware, bought on Aliexpress from a guy who is recommended in the GS1000 FAQ on this page..

Sabe said:
From AV cable connect white and red plug to tv, to me it doesn't matter was it PAL or NTCS, both worked just fine, at least in my samsung tv.
besides white and red there's also yellow one, I have tried in every configuration.. with AV cable as opposed to hdmi I'm able to see on TV the view from camera, take pictures etc, only the poor white-black quality view on TV..

Camera display goes always off when connect camera external source, that's ok.
I did it like this:
put tv on, connect cable to tv,
turn camera on, connect cable to camera (now camera display goes black)
select hdmi source from tv and a miracle happen, camera is on tv.
I have previous firmware, i don't know is there anything special to that.
One thing though what you might try if nothing else don't work, my older gs5000 camera did not accept stereo AV cable ( four connections plug) only mono cable with three connections worked.

Sabe said:
I did it like this:
One thing though what you might try if nothing else don't work, my older gs5000 camera did not accept stereo AV cable ( four connections plug) only mono cable with three connections worked.

thanks, I'll check that once i'm back home
regarding AV cable, it seems that I have mono cable because there are only three connections

there's one more issue that concerns me, screen of the camera, have a look at this:
[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/5480/photo1kgr.jpg[/url]
[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/2159/photo2cne.jpg[/url]

it seems that it's some kind of screen protecton, but it doesn't want to come out even when I pull hard, dont' want to break anything there..

Ah, then the cable issue is other way around, my new gs1000 accept only four connector cable...very confusing.

You are right, that green thing is place where you should pull, so pull harder :)

Sabe said:
Ah, then the cable issue is other way around, my new gs1000 accept only four connector cable...very confusing.
so the seller needs to send me a new one then :-/ cannot do anything at the moment, aliexpress says that china celebrates its traditional New Year..

I tried to view the files with this player.exe application, that shows also the GPS sign, but when trying to open a file it says "play file failed!", I have win7

Sabe said:

I did, it says:
[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/2536/erroryky.jpg[/url]
files have .MOV extension, VLC media plyer opens them without any problem, GS1000 specification claims its H.264 codec, I wouldn't like to install big package of codecs as it messes up in system..
I forgot to install stuff from the CD I have received with camera, maybe there's sth interesting there..

there's also annyoing word "iTracker" on the right side of videos made by this camera, is it possible to turn it off ?

Last edited by a moderator:
jack said:
Sabe said:

I did, it says:
[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/2536/erroryky.jpg[/url]
files have .MOV extension, VLC media plyer opens them without any problem, GS1000 specification claims its H.264 codec, I wouldn't like to install big package of codecs as it messes up in system..
I forgot to install stuff from the CD I have received with camera, maybe there's sth interesting there..

there's also annyoing word "iTracker" on the right side of videos made by this camera, is it possible to turn it off ?

you need the codecs if you want to play with the included software, for just file playback VLC, Quicktime etc will play them

jokiin said:
you need the codecs if you want to play with the included software, for just file playback VLC, Quicktime etc will play them

yes, CD that came with the camera contained necessary codecs, it works fine now.

the only issue I have is this "iTracker" word on the right side..

jack said:
the only issue I have is this "iTracker" word on the right side..
Don't worry about that, it means "rolls royce" of dashcams :)

Sabe said:
I did it like this:

I verified hdmi and av cables one more time, with HDMI cable it seems that it is the cable issue itself, after changing the source to the appropriate hdmi source the tv screen goes strange.. next week hopefully I will verify it with different hdmi cables as they are not so cheap..
[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/2259/tvhdmicable.jpg[/url]

with AV cable there's poor white-black quality..
[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2668/avcable.jpg[/url]
after further checks I can tell that the yellow cable is used for video, white for voice, red one doesn't help at all..

You can see the same GS1000 here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200659034214

The photos are the same, even with the same sign, but if you look for the differencees, in the link I gave you there is a new photo where you can see the firmware (famous for me) 20120929, and if you look for it in this forumyou will find that it is called "fake orange menu". I think that it is just the same. It works well, and is cheap. You have to choose, but don't try to change the firmware... :D (do what you want)... :mrgreen:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E GSXXXX 6
D GSXXXX 1
C GSXXXX 5
J GSXXXX 3
D GSXXXX 0
Back