GS8000

So i do not want to return the cam , instead i asked for a small compensation due the gps logger
not functionning , i asked for 16gb micro sd .....

FOXOFFER : SHAME ON YOU .....YOU GRAB THE $$$ BUT Fxxxx THE CUSTOMER SERVICE

So here is the reply from Leo Zhou , customer service rep :

'' It's no problem to provide a free charge 16GB micro SD card, but could you please accept to pay the shipping cost for it---USD9, you know we sell products at discount price, we did not make lot money on products you bought, but we wish to keep our clients happy, we really wish to solve the problem.

If you accept USD9 shipping cost, that we will send you money request, once you paid we will ship the 16GB micro SD card at once.

best regards,

Leo Zhou

FoxOffer.com
Tel: +86 755 8286 1893 Fax: +86 755 2214 5575
Email: Support@FoxOffer.com
Web: www.FoxOffer.com ''

Ah ah i can get it for $ 10 uscy free shipping ....

And this country wants to sell us their cars .....eh eh China ....wake up ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Just one more time in HUGE BIG LETTERS..........

DO NOT REMOVE THE GPS CABLE WHILST THE UNIT IS POWERED ON

I did this to mine accidently and I cannot be sure this is not a contributory factor to it's death a short time after, my second unit has been faultless since I got it, fingers crossed.

Marcus said:

I did this to mine accidently and I cannot be sure this is not a contributory factor to it's death a short time after, my second unit has been faultless since I got it, fingers crossed.

I guess that's a design issue if you can unplug it while it's running, good advice not to remove it anyway

have you had any issue with police and having a cam, seems the law is quite strict in regard to having things mounted to the windscreen in your part of the world

'' I guess that's a leftover from their origins as a DVC but is this really useful in a dashcam application? ''

I guess it could be usefull . like you want a plate number ...though it is not easy to zoom while driving :geek:
Still it is not a true zoom as a mechanical(thru the lens) , it is digital.

Is the BlackVu would have been a better choice , not taking the price as a factor ?

Minix said:
I guess it could be usefull . like you want a plate number ...though it is not easy to zoom while driving :geek:
Still it is not a true zoom as a mechanical(thru the lens) , it is digital.

Is the BlackVu would have been a better choice , not taking the price as a factor ?

optical zoom generally looses detail anyway, if you're with the cameras range of focus you should have no problem catching a plate anyway, I don't feel zooming would be beneficial in this case

Personally I feel Blackview cameras are overpriced (moreso through the official channels), there are superior products in that price range

jokiin said:
Marcus said:

I guess that's a design issue if you can unplug it while it's running, good advice not to remove it anyway

have you had any issue with police and having a cam, seems the law is quite strict in regard to having things mounted to the windscreen in your part of the world

None at all, I have been stopped by the police and had them in the cab of my lorry admiring my various dash cams and asking what they are for etc, once explained they smile and say cool idea.

VOSA which regulates the large good vehicles and basically fines you for anything from passing wind in the wrong flavour, to not winding up the legs on the trailer enough turns (seriously) may have a different view, not had them ask about a dash cam yet, but given the safety positives I am sure they would be favourable of such a device mounted in the window.

If there is a fatal accident in this country and you are the surviving driver of a large goods vehicle you WILL be arrested and then they ask questions, the dash cam is my insurance against being wrongly jailed should no witness's be available and the evidence didn't support my claims.

Marcus said:
jokiin said:
Marcus said:

None at all, I have been stopped by the police and had them in the cab of my lorry admiring my various dash cams and asking what they are for etc, once explained they smile and say cool idea.

VOSA which regulates the large good vehicles and basically fines you for anything from passing wind in the wrong flavour, to not winding up the legs on the trailer enough turns (seriously) may have a different view, not had them ask about a dash cam yet, but given the safety positives I am sure they would be favourable of such a device mounted in the window.

If there is a fatal accident in this country and you are the surviving driver of a large goods vehicle you WILL be arrested and then they ask questions, the dash cam is my insurance against being wrongly jailed should no witness's be available and the evidence didn't support my claims.

saw this which seemed to indicate it was a problem http://suction-mounted-car-cameras.blogspot.co.uk/ not sure if this information is up to date though

Whilst that information is technically very very correct I fear this is just scare tactics, the rules in place are to prevent prats having massive sat navs plastered all over the place and other bits of tacky screen mounted crap, small suction cup football flags, number plates with names in the window, large dashboard top tables which restrict view to lower windscreen, note pad holders, and everything else.

In reality if you have none of the above in your window and just a safety camera you will not have any problems, the headlight / windscreen wiper sensors module mounted in the lower centre of the windscreen in the new Mercedes Actros impedes my view by 2x more than any dash cam I have owned, let alone the compact design of the GS8000 :)

Attachments

• IMG_1681.JPG
    IMG_1681.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 238
Hopefully anyone who is interested will see this in time to grab it, but GeekBuying has the GS8000 on sale for 99 dollars for 10 more hours as of me posting this. I believe when i looked before it was 109 or 119.

Works really great, thanks very much. :cool:

I just ordered one of these from

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271148410956

icubot is the seller.

I was curious about transfering the car cam to different vehicles, but wasnt aware (my own lack of research) that you could just pull out the gps module. my thought was to order another gps module to use in another vehicle. That way, i would have one gps with 3m sticky in each vehicle and could just pull the camera whenever needed.

the seller did let me know that he has extra gps modules available for around $20 us dollars.

not sure if this helps anyone or not, but after i get mine in, and discover how well the gps mount works, im planning on ordering another mount.

Scan through these pages and you can see a simple mod I made for the same reason.

Just ordered one of these from niximtech - then noticed it was using a Novatek CPU :oops:
Have now asked to cancel that order and bought another one with the Ambarello CPU. £15 more but should be worth the extra!

Everyone seems to be mounting theirs behind the rear view mirror. I'm no stranger to modifying the interior and could certainly set it up there, but has anyone considered mounting around the tax disc? (UK only I guess!) in the bottom left corner of the windscreen? I'm thinking of trying that out as it provides a quick and easy cabling solution into my ignition live I've routed to the glovebox.

Not sure what a tax disc is but you would want the lens to be within the sweep of the wipers, if you can't keep the screen clean you won't see a lot

Top of the screen angled down slightly helps avoid some glare, towards the edges of the windows are often more curved which affects the image also

miniyazz said:
has anyone considered mounting around the tax disc? (UK only I guess!) in the bottom left corner of the windscreen?
jokiin said:
Not sure what a tax disc is

I'm not %100 sure but i have always taken it like this

US Some States have Inspection
UK MOT

US insurance
UK insurance

US Registration
UK Tax Disc

but the tax disc does look like it is on the lower corner of most cars i have seen.

2bzoev.jpg

I've seen these for sale online. the pad is remove able from the mount so you can just use the clear stick pad by itself. I would assume that you could stick to to the back of the GPS mount and then stick it to the window if you did not want to crack open the housing and hot glue it to the suction cup for some reason.

jokiin said:
Not sure what a tax disc is but you would want the lens to be within the sweep of the wipers, if you can't keep the screen clean you won't see a lot

Top of the screen angled down slightly helps avoid some glare, towards the edges of the windows are often more curved which affects the image also

Hmm, thanks for the tips. In England we have to pay vehicle excise duty (aka road tax) every year and display an up to date tax disc on the windscreen - in the bottom left corner (see pic of my old car).
Tax%20disc.jpg

I'm not sure if the wipers will cover it and like you say the windscreen curvature might affect it so I guess the only way for sure will be to try it and see!

Curve of the windscreen will be a problem that will impact the focus, pov from there is not ideal either

Back