GS8000

Bobg207 said:
jokiin said:
Bobg207 said:
The new honda euro has at least a forward camera fitted. Not sure if it is an option or standard.

is that a park assist feature or a DVR?

I know someone that was working on oem integration setup but still an aftermarket product, very neat though

It's DVR in the 2013 Accord Euro. Don't think the honda has park assist yet.

sorry, poor choice of words, I meant was it a parking aid, not one of those self parking things

is that a park assist feature or a DVR?

I know someone that was working on oem integration setup but still an aftermarket product, very neat though[/quote]

It's DVR in the 2013 Accord Euro. Don't think the honda has park assist yet.[/quote]

sorry, poor choice of words, I meant was it a parking aid, not one of those self parking things[/quote] :lol:

No, I think it is a genuine dashcam DVR to record driving activities. btw: I love the recordings I am now getting after fixing the video duration problem. Thanks To All.

Bobg207 said:
No, I think it is a genuine dashcam DVR to record driving activities. btw: I love the recordings I am now getting after fixing the video duration problem. Thanks To All.

if they have this as a feature than they're not making any effort to promote it, I just trawled through the pages of Honda's website and couldn't find any mention of any type of recording, only reverse cameras, parking aids, sensors etc

jokiin said:
Bobg207 said:

if they have this as a feature than they're not making any effort to promote it, I just trawled through the pages of Honda's website and couldn't find any mention of any type of recording, only reverse cameras, parking aids, sensors etc

Ok, I'll have to take a drive & check it out over the weekend. Got me curious now! I was sure the demo model I looked at last time I put mine in for a service had the dashcam, mounted just in front of the rear view mirror. & no I'm sure it wasn't the rain sensor I saw.

Bobg207 said:
Ok, I'll have to take a drive & check it out over the weekend. Got me curious now! I was sure the demo model I looked at last time I put mine in for a service had the dashcam, mounted just in front of the rear view mirror. & no I'm sure it wasn't the rain sensor I saw.

I was ready to go to the Honda dealer myself if they have it

Bobg207 said:
Marcus said:
Format it on your PC to be absolutely certain mate, I had it as well using in menu format option, worked fine after formatting on the PC. ??

HTH

Thanks Marcus, that worked a treat. I formatted the card in the PC using FAT32 & can now record as much video as the card will hold (well 10 minutes worth so far) without fault or failure.

Excellent news ;)

I get around 3 ish hours from 16gb fwiw.

Amazon listing

Just caught this listed on Amazon with only one available.
Asking price? $208 and $11 to ship listed as a GS8000

Re: Amazon listing

CheckYourLights said:

That's expensive. I paid AU$113 incl shipping from DHGate.

Re: Amazon listing

Bobg207 said:
CheckYourLights said:

That's expensive. I paid AU$113 incl shipping from DHGate.

Yea i know listed at that price it will be there for awhile.

The question : is the GS8000 a reliable dash cam regarding the Gps logger ?

We are at least 3 known users with fail on the logger .

Fine that fox offers to exchange for new one .....but time+hassle+shipping fees = is it worth ?

Is the new one will suffer the same problem ?

I like a product that works first hand for at least 6 months ....minimum !

I cannot comment on long term reliability but I have observed that removing the electronics from the mount and re-mounting it so it is somewhat exposed and not inside a plastic case etc has meant the GPS acquires twice as quickly and first time every time, where before it may drop out occasionally or take a little while to acquire the initial signal.

Fingers crossed it improves reliability as well !

Marcus said:
I cannot comment on long term reliability but I have observed that removing the electronics from the mount and re-mounting it so it is somewhat exposed and not inside a plastic case etc has meant the GPS acquires twice as quickly and first time every time, where before it may drop out occasionally or take a little while to acquire the initial signal.

Fingers crossed it improves reliability as well !

Thanks Marcus .

So you removed the all the electronics gps receiver from his casing ?

I would try your hack to cure the logger problem.

I had improved many electronics by liberating them from their encapsulating jail :mrgreen:
heat is a killer but mine could not have suffered from heat because it is here still very cold .
Dan777 has the exact same issue... and this points to fail in the engineering :shock:

Yes, so I could ditch the sticky mount and remount the GPS electronics externally on a suction cup mount, secured the electronics bits with a little glue from a hot glue gun. :geek:

Marcus said:

Yes, so I could ditch the sticky mount and remount the GPS electronics externally on a suction cup mount, secured the electronics bits with a little glue from a hot glue gun. :geek:

If i dont return the cam, this i will do .

Minix said:

Fine that fox offers to exchange for new one .....but time+hassle+shipping fees = is it worth ?

This is what is holding me back from buying. I don't want to buy one to have the GPS fail on me and have to deal with the hassle of returning the device.

CheckYourLights said:
Minix said:

This is what is holding me back from buying. I don't want to buy one to have the GPS fail on me and have to deal with the hassle of returning the device.

Those chinese companies are hurting themselves badly ....why they dont acknowledge a loss for customer like
us ---willing to risk their money on a new product --- why they dont agree if something go wrong for the initial
introduction : we will cover ALL your costs .period.

They invest millions in technology but few pennies to help their client ......SHAME ON YOU !!!

Minix said:
Those chinese companies are hurting themselves badly ....why they dont acknowledge a loss for customer like
us ---willing to risk their money on a new product --- why they dont agree if something go wrong for the initial

They invest millions in technology but few pennies to help their client ......SHAME ON YOU !!!

you're generally dealing with resellers, to them it's just a number, they have not invested in the product other than actually purchasing it wholesale

jokiin said:
Minix said:

you're generally dealing with resellers, to them it's just a number, they have not invested in the product other than actually purchasing it wholesale

I agree . Tough in the long run , it is not the best way to build a business , a happy customer will buy again and
bring new customer . An un-satisfied one would do everything to hurt you telling how bad is the customer service
or the product in itself or both .

I have may friends who prefer NOT to buy chinese ....even they pay twice the price ....

Hey hey ....food for toughts .....it is not how fast you go , it is how long you run.

Minix said:
jokiin said:
Minix said:

I agree . Tough in the long run , it is not the best way to build a business , a happy customer will buy again and
bring new customer . An un-satisfied one would do everything to hurt you telling how bad is the customer service
or the product in itself or both .

I have may friends who prefer NOT to buy chinese ....even they pay twice the price ....

Hey hey ....food for toughts .....it is not how fast you go , it is how long you run.

I agree with what you're saying, (I'm not Chinese so my thinking is likely different to these resellers), I spent 20 years working in retail previously though so have a good idea what customer service is about

jokiin said:
Bobg207 said:

The new Accord Euro doesn't have an in-car dash camera. What I saw & thought was a camera lens is in fact a light sensor to automatically adjust the car lights and mirrors.

Back