GS8000

jokiin said:
tom said:
Had my first oddball problem today. I noticed that the date and time had jumped 50 (ish) years into the future. Hopefully this won't be a regular occurrence. If this continues, I may just turn off the date stamp instead of trying to correct it regularly.

Do you drive a Delorean?

This is a common fault, contact your supplier and see if the have an updated firmware for it

Lmaooo!!!! 88 miles an hour!!!!!!!

dan777 said:
Yes i did that, i also tried to reset all settings to factory default, i tried to turn the Gps off then power down then turn the gps on but still no result. Anything else i can try before send it back?
Sorry to hear your problem, maybe you can try to upgrade the firmware.
See details at: How to update the GS8000 Car DVR frimware

billknow said:
dan777 said:
Yes i did that, i also tried to reset all settings to factory default, i tried to turn the Gps off then power down then turn the gps on but still no result. Anything else i can try before send it back?

you should update those instructions, only the yamaha.bin file should be copied to the card, the .elf file is only for updating using the USB method from a PC

jokiin said:
billknow said:
dan777 said:

you should update those instructions, only the yamaha.bin file should be copied to the card, the .elf file is only for updating using the USB method from a PC

Thank you for your info, i will update soon.

So Leo Zhou contacted me , instructed me to update to the firmware above , which is the same
already on the cam = gs8000 v1.0.8 g82a k

Did it anyway , all went smootly , but today I tried again with the same blinking red icone .

Awaiting a reply from Leo ...

Do I have to pay the return postage ? This is what kills me in the process ....they say : buy Locally
is better ...

jokiin said:
tom said:
One more thing... The Datakam player software is much better, in my opinion, than the software that the camera comes with. I downloaded it from somewhere on this site.

agreed, new version just released on the weekend also http://www.registratorviewer.com/download_en.html

This software leaves the original version packaged with the camera for dead. It has resolved the problems my mate has been having with gps accuracy on the GS5000 & gives you so many more options for managing or viewing your files. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just bought a GS8000 CarDVR from DHGate for $AU113 incl shipping. It arrived within 10 days of the order being placed.
While testing it, I have found that I cannot record more than 30seconds of video. I have tried turning of 'G' sensor, reducing the resolution & various settings for the motion detection level, all without change. To fix this problem, format the TF card using a PC & FAT32. You should be able to record full length video after that.

Is there a site that gives you detailed information about the various settings for this camera?

Bobg207 said:
various settings for the motion detection level

bit hard without the benefit of seeing what you have but motion detect is for parking mode, leave that turned off for a start

Bob

You need to format your SD card, fat32

Or insert a brand new card.

Your unit will record fine after that.

Bobg207 said:
I have just bought a GS8000 CarDVR from DHGate for $AU113 incl shipping. It arrived within 10 days of the order being placed.
While testing it, I have found that I cannot record more than 30seconds of video. I have tried turning of 'G' sensor, reducing the resolution & various settings for the motion detection level, all without change.

There must be a setting somewhere, but I can't find it!
Any suggestions please!
Is there a site that gives you detailed information about the various settings for this camera?

This is not supposed to be like that , this seller offer the most comprehensive details :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Overwrite-Full- ... 7d&vxp=mtr

Last edited by a moderator:
Marcus said:
Bob

Thanks Marcus, that was my thought as well so I installed a brand new 32g Class 10 SD card & formatted it with the internal camera format function.....I still only get 30 secs of recording time.

Format it on your PC to be absolutely certain mate, I had it as well using in menu format option, worked fine after formatting on the PC. ??

HTH

Bobg207 said:
Marcus said:
Bob

Thanks Marcus, that was my thought as well so I installed a brand new 32g Class 10 SD card & formatted it with the internal camera format function.....I still only get 30 secs of recording time.

would be surprised if it was doing this due to a formatting problem, never say never though, stranger things have happened

jokiin said:
Bobg207 said:
various settings for the motion detection level

bit hard without the benefit of seeing what you have but motion detect is for parking mode, leave that turned off for a start

Thanks Jokiin. I tried to upload some jpeg shots of the menu screens but I got an error message - incorrect file type. maybe they are to big. Camera settings are:
Video:
  • Video size: 1920 x 1080
    EV: +0
    Audio: On
    White B: Auto
    Contrast: Standard
    Sharpness: Standard
    Effect: Off
    Recycle: 10mins
    Delay off: Yes
    IR Light: Off
    Motion Det: Off (switched off per your advice)
    MD Sense: 7
Tools(Settings):
  • Format: No
    Sys Reset: No
    Auto Off: Off
    LCD OFF: On
    G Sensor: 3
    GPS: Yes
    Version: V1.08 G82A K

Marcus said:
Format it on your PC to be absolutely certain mate, I had it as well using in menu format option, worked fine after formatting on the PC. ??

HTH

Thanks Marcus, that worked a treat. I formatted the card in the PC using FAT32 & can now record as much video as the card will hold (well 10 minutes worth so far) without fault or failure.

I seen two GS8000 one is CUBOT branded other is CONKIN? the difference please? Why is this so hard, car manufacturers are missing a trick here, they should build cars with "optional" inbuilt cameras front and back made to measure and discreet!!

The new honda euro has at least a forward camera fitted. Not sure if it is an option or standard.

Bobg207 said:
The new honda euro has at least a forward camera fitted. Not sure if it is an option or standard.

is that a park assist feature or a DVR?

I know someone that was working on oem integration setup but still an aftermarket product, very neat though

jokiin said:
Bobg207 said:

is that a park assist feature or a DVR?

I know someone that was working on oem integration setup but still an aftermarket product, very neat though

It's DVR in the 2013 Accord Euro. Don't think the honda has park assist yet.

Back