GS8000

dan777 said:
Yes i did that, i also tried to reset all settings to factory default, i tried to turn the Gps off then power down then turn the gps on but still no result. Anything else i can try before send it back?

do you have a copy of the firmware for it, reloading it might help if it's software issue, otherwise it may just be a hardware issue

Do you know where can i get the firmware from and how to reload it?
The existing firmware is v1.0.8 g82a k
Thanks

dan777 said:
Do you know where can i get the firmware from and how to reload it?
The existing firmware is v1.0.8 g82a k
Thanks

have you contacted the seller? Chinese New Year is over so you should be able to get hold of them now, maybe suggest that you want to reload it and try before wasting time sending it back

dan777 said:
Yes, I sent an email to FoxOffer but so far I've got no response...

someone from there is an active member on here although he hasn't been back since CNY, he seems pretty good at follow up though so I'd expect you'll hear from him once he's back at his desk

Hello, I just received a GS8000 from Foxoffer and wanted to share my first impressions.

The unit is much smaller than I had pictured in my mind. The menus are easy to figure out and it came with English as the default. It did NOT come with an additional suction mount. The ad doesn't say it has one, but someone had posted here that theirs came with one and I guess that was a fluke. I would have paid a few extra dollars to get a suction mount in addition since we have two cars and the gps mount is sticky backed. I ordered it on the 15th with Fedex shipping and it arrived at my house on the 26th. The firmware is v1.0.8 g82a k. Once I get the chance to use it some, I'll report back if I find anything unusual, interesting or useful.

Well my replacement GS8000 arrived from Fox Offer.

Exactly the same in every regard to the one I purchased from a different seller on eBay, box, leads, unit etc etc.

I have further modified the mounting extracted the GPS module from the supplied mount and then hot glued it to a suction mount. Works perfect and will post some pics here. gps seems to acquire more quickly now as well.

Very happy with the modified mount, I accidentally removed the gps whilst unit was switched on, also it may have overheated when the windscreen heating was blasting at full heat due to faulty heater controls in one truck I was driving when it finally gave up working properly, note to self, don't remove gps lead when turned on and keep windscreen heat low !!

Really hope this unit lasts as I like it very much.

i209.photobucket.com_albums_bb308_Phantom_Mark_973A2540_85AB_47c0e42567c66e7686781db234d610c8e.jpg

i209.photobucket.com_albums_bb308_Phantom_Mark_3C47BA0A_E1E7_451f643fd75b4fa4984801930dc05c822.jpg

i209.photobucket.com_albums_bb308_Phantom_Mark_7C47754F_8F0A_404ecea954ca37726b12c1af129cfa59b.jpg

Out of interest, now I have a second working unit is there a way I can extract the firware from it and try flashing the broken one ?? The faulty one still works to some degree but ends up just turning itself off and does not present some of the same options on start up (via usb to PC) as this new one despite having the same firmware number ?

These are starting to show up on eBay has anyone here bought one off eBay?

I bought my GS8000 from Geekbuying for $110.00 and received both mounts Testing with the suction cup mount now and when it warms up will use a 3m mount and hid the cig cable.

Took about 3 weeks to arrive.

Just ordered my gs8000 w/gps from foxoffer for $106 cdn
quick question for those who already got one. am i not able to use suction cup with the gps unit? only the tape? am i able to use the suction cup if i dont plug in the gps wire?

why not just modify it just like I did and pull the GPS electronics out and mount them to a suction cup mount ?

Took me all of 5 mins and a glue gun.

If you ordered the GPS version from Foxoffer, you probably won't get the suction cup mount. I modified one like Marcus did to be able to use the GPS with an old suction cup mount I happened to have. If you just ordered your camera and they haven't sent it out, you may be able to get them to include a suction cup mount in the box for extra.

One more thing... The Datakam player software is much better, in my opinion, than the software that the camera comes with. I downloaded it from somewhere on this site.

Last edited by a moderator:
jokiin said:
new version just released on the weekend also

Thanks Jokiin! I hadn't seen that yet.

Marcus said:
why not just modify it just like I did and pull the GPS electronics out and mount them to a suction cup mount ?

Took me all of 5 mins and a glue gun.

i think i will do that, but the item was already shipped and its too late to ask the vendor to include additional suction cup.

i was looking for a suction cup on ebay but they are all different, i guess i will have to wait till i get my dvr in the mail before ordering a suction cup from ebay

dan777 said:
I bought a GS8000 with GPS from FoxOffer and the image quality is very good. The issue I am having is that after a couple of days the GPS stopped working (The GPS indicator flashes red on the screen). Same thing happened to a colleague of mine who bought the same camera and after a couple of days the GPS stopped working as well. Is that a known issue or is a bad batch or what?

Thanks,
Dan.
Hy Dan ,

i ordered from foxoffer on february 20 2013 , recieved the Gs8000 on march 1 ,
all was fine , then the Gps started to blinking red ....

Contacted Leo Zhou who directed me how to properly adjust the camera -use a class 10 sd - use of the original
power supply -wait up to 25 minutes to allow the Gps to recieve the signals -----did all the instructions .

As of now , the Gps is not working = turning to green , while my garmin is OK , even placed lower on the dash.
Today monday 4 Leo wrote me to say he will contact the manufacturer to get a new firmware that ''would''
fix my problem.

Your post strike me ....i am not alone !!
Firmware is : v1.0.8 g82a k

pm or email for more details : bobinfo X belldotnet

Thanks.

Had my first oddball problem today. I noticed that the date and time had jumped 50 (ish) years into the future. Hopefully this won't be a regular occurrence. If this continues, I may just turn off the date stamp instead of trying to correct it regularly.

tom said:
Had my first oddball problem today. I noticed that the date and time had jumped 50 (ish) years into the future. Hopefully this won't be a regular occurrence. If this continues, I may just turn off the date stamp instead of trying to correct it regularly.

Annoying for the least :shock:

tom said:

Do you drive a Delorean?

This is a common fault, contact your supplier and see if they have an updated firmware for it

Back