GT550W WDR GPS F1.6 from Shadow Tec by TioTec dash camera

Re: GT550W WDR GPS F1.6 from Shadow Tec by TioTec dash camer

TieNN89 said:
What other camera are as good or even better than this with GPS ?

Sounds like you may have to step up to something Korean to get GPS and close to GT300W/550W image quality ;)
Something like the Panorama II with Sony Exmor sensor (One of Niko's favourites :) )

I read the 16pg thread on the LS300W/GT300W and then this thread here. I was in an accident recently and am looking to get a cam. It looks like I've found a winner here (GT550W)

I'm seeing mixed information about the ability to support a 64GB SD card. My drive is about 60 miles each way (twice a day) and would prefer the ability to retain at least a full day's worth of video before looping back through and recording over older files. I noticed one person with a high end 64GB card having issues after a few minutes worth or recording whereas another person with a mid-range (class 4 I think) card had zero issues with their 64GB card.

I wouldn't cop out and get a cheap SD card, I'll be purchasing one of these two:
Maybe it's because I just read 30+ pages of forum data plus a crazy amount of reviews so my brain is a bit addled but is there anyone that can confirm the functionality?

Thanks!

Well I heard back from FoxOffer, going to order the sandisk and will report back a few days after I receive my cam and card.

~~~~~~~

Dear Rob,

We tested the GT550W with Sandisk 64GB micro SD card and seems works well.
The manufacturer did not show an timetable for GPS logger feature yet, not sure when will be available.

best regards,

FoxOffer Support Team

GT550W Dashcam is now less than $100! ($99.88) Bought one to ship to the USA....hope it doesn't take too long.

mathnerd88 said:
GT550W Dashcam is now less than $100! ($99.88) Bought one to ship to the USA....hope it doesn't take too long.

Wow if it had GPS this is the WDR cam to have. (what's taking so long for the GPS add-on?)

JazJon said:
mathnerd88 said:

Wow if it had GPS this is the WDR cam to have. (what's taking so long for the GPS add-on?)

At dod-tech the cam with external GPS is also not available yet, only as a "pre-order" within 2 weeks: http://dod-tech.co.uk/ls330w.html.

Produkttester said:
JazJon said:
mathnerd88 said:

http://www.foxoffer.com/gt550w-full-hd- ... p-571.html

At dod-tech the cam with external GPS is also not available yet, only as a "pre-order" within 2 weeks: http://dod-tech.co.uk/ls330w.html.

25GBP / 40USD for GPS antenna which cost 10-15usd ?!! , - this shows how greedy is DOD.UK !

Total set with GPS fro LS330W: 129GBP + 25GBP + 10GBP shipping within EU = 164GBP / 260usd ??!!!
I rather buy directly from China, pay customs duty / tax and still will have total cost around 200usd, - much less than buying from "local" seller.

Last edited by a moderator:
25GBP / 40USD for GPS antenna which cost 10-15usd ?!! , - this shows how greedy is DOD.UK !

Total set with GPS fro LS330W: 129GBP + 25GBP + 10GBP shipping within EU = 164GBP / 260usd ??!!!
I rather buy directly from China, pay customs duty / tax and still will have total cost around 200usd, - much less than buying from "local" seller.

Well, if we had a local seller down here, I'd be glad to pay the extra 30% ($60 USD) just to get local support. Dealing with overseas RMAs is always a pain. Plus it's always good to know you've got a physical place you can go to during the weekend in case of any questions or problems.

Well, if we had a local seller down here, I'd be glad to pay the extra 30% ($60 USD) just to get local support. Dealing with overseas RMAs is always a pain. Plus it's always good to know you've got a physical place you can go to during the weekend in case of any questions or problems.

I agree with you. Usually with most other big value electronics ( TV, PC, mobile phones etc. ) I am also dont mind paying some extra for local support, but DOD "authorised dealers support" is very slow and poor as we can read from many members of this forum. Much quicker is to get help from forum members ( firmware or technical help ).

I agree with you. Usually with most other big value electronics ( TV, PC, mobile phones etc. ) I am also dont mind paying some extra for local support, but DOD "authorised dealers support" is very slow and poor as we can read from many members of this forum. Much quicker is to get help from forum members ( firmware or technical help ).

Ooohh, that explains it... No use then, go spend the extra $60 on a rear cam then... :D

If ls330w + gps bought from uk, then of course worth considering other options. If gt550w or gt680w + gps bought directly from China, then price would be around 120usd which is fair deal.

Anyone else having issues with reading the videos off the media card? I plugged the dashcam to my computer but I am unable to access the files.

Have you tried to pull out memory card from dash cam and inserting it directly into PC / Laptop and read directly from card reader?

This is the error i get.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 8
Sometimes it says Inserst Media card into G Drive. I think it's a defective unit.

Sometimes it says Inserst Media card into G Drive. I think it's a defective unit.
Most likely its from memory card.
What type / class / brand memory card you using?

Also its an advice to format memory card inside dash camera before very first recording and then after at least every 2 weeks.

Unit defective. The dash cam itself doesn't detect the memory card :(
Quite disappointing considering it took a month to get here....

Back