GuardTrak GT2S model details and info

Techmoan has the potential to make you or break you, a good supplier with confidence in his product would have no problems with Techmoan doing a review, providing of course Techmoan is on the square.

Last edited:
Sounds as if, from his current video review and a few previous, that people's remarks may be wearing him down. Too bad, he is truly great at reviewing tech.

i'm hanging to get rid of this stupid blackvue garbage.

Jokiin, or anyone, do you know what hardware the blackvue 500drgw have in them? how much better is guardtrak hardware?

Blackvue use TI chipset, image sensor I can't remember (Sony maybe), their hardware should perform a lot better that it does, the developers that write their firmware (they don't do it themselves) don't do a great job unfortunately, good chance it could perform much better with the hacked Russian firmware so some light at the end of the tunnel for people that have them already, I don't know that I'd be too happy buying a $300 camera to then have to pay for a 3rd party firmware to get it to work as it should to begin with, not to mention losing any chance of warranty in the process

If at first you don't succeed, Mr wozzzzza,
Buy, buy again Mr wozzzzza

:) Buy another brand that is

Me stealing from these 2 Guys.
Diamonds-are-Forever-Bruce-Glover-Putter-Smith.jpg

Concerning the dual cards- I don't remember but does it support a mirror mode? Same information copied to both cards?

Upgradable in future firmware or is it hardware dependent? I just thought a copy for me, a copy for the police in case of accident or something else.

Upgradable in future firmware or is it hardware dependent? I just thought a copy for me, a copy for the police in case of accident or something else.

we could probably support writing to both cards, not something I've looked into but it's not a feature we have now, we do have a copy function to be able to copy what you want to the second card (are you sure you really want to hand over your last 4 hours of driving? ) so you could copy just a file of interest to another card

Personally I would object to handing over the card to the police until I viewed it and edited down to what is needed. Others it seems have no problems with this which is why I stated it that way.

Even without the police option I think having a dupe on a separate card would be a good option to have. What if one card went bad or gets damaged? You have another.

This is how I have my camera's setup when working any important events. Never needed to use the other card yet, but I'm glad it's there.

Will the low battery cutoff be user configurable? If so what Volts can the user select.

Was previous looking at the Lukas LK-290 and the higher Volt cutoff looked appealing.

Surprisingly The Wife will allow me to attach the GT2S to the fuse box! She also now understands the value of a dash cam (I had an altercation with someone in a parking lot and it proved very useful) and really likes the look of the GT2S. The Mobius is too "geeky" for her and this is more set it and forget it which she likes. Looks like you have a winner on your hands Jokiin.

Will the low battery cutoff be user configurable? If so what Volts can the user select.

Was previous looking at the Lukas LK-290 and the higher Volt cutoff looked appealing.

Surprisingly The Wife will allow me to attach the GT2S to the fuse box! She also now understands the value of a dash cam (I had an altercation with someone in a parking lot and it proved very useful) and really likes the look of the GT2S. The Mobius is too "geeky" for her and this is more set it and forget it which she likes. Looks like you have a winner on your hands Jokiin.

for the GT2 series models the cutoff is fixed at 12.2v, for the GT7 series models we have something new we're working on for battery cutoff so it may change for those, too early to say just yet

unusual to pass the wife test so easily, be careful, it could be a trap ;)

for the GT2 series models the cutoff is fixed at 12.2v, for the GT7 series models we have something new we're working on for battery cutoff so it may change for those, too early to say just yet

Well 12.2v is good for me. Better to go higher then lower.

unusual to pass the wife test so easily, be careful, it could be a trap ;)

admiral-ackbar.jpg

well wives are pretty dumb most of them, hope none read this, but I find with mine that she wont do anything, get anything unless its proven beneficial, and when it is its normally too late. e.g. computer backups I been on to her for years about, she had a HDD failure last year, now she cant get enough backups. same with dash cam, been a few times she has come back home to get me to look at something to see if she was in the wrong or not with close calls, she loves it now.

@wozzzzza I find you get more mileage by not telling them. I just go ahead and setup things like back-up and dashcams without her knowledge, and when things go sour and she thinks the world has ended I get to do my "wah-lah" moment and show her that in all my wisdom, with a little expense, the problem is fixed in a jiffy. It shuts her up for a while ;)

@wozzzzza I find you get more mileage by not telling them. I just go ahead and setup things like back-up and dashcams without her knowledge, and when things go sour and she thinks the world has ended I get to do my "wah-lah" moment and show her that in all my wisdom, with a little expense, the problem is fixed in a jiffy. It shuts her up for a while ;)
I clearly haven't been married long enough ;-)

well wives are pretty dumb most of them, hope none read this, but I find with mine that she wont do anything, get anything unless its proven beneficial, and when it is its normally too late. e.g. computer backups I been on to her for years about, she had a HDD failure last year, now she cant get enough backups. same with dash cam, been a few times she has come back home to get me to look at something to see if she was in the wrong or not with close calls, she loves it now.
I don't know, maybe I'm lucky. My wife just let me root her phone, install a custom Rom (new system) and tweak her phone without problem, even though she has no idea what that means. Last night, doing just one "fix" she told me not to do, I almost bricked it. I spent 3 hours redoing everything so she had a phone today. Why so long? Because I didn't back it up first.

I'm thinking men aren't always the sharpest tools in the shed either. Well at least me sometimes :confused: She was gracious enough or too tired to not extend the "I told ya so"

Back