Hands on Mini 0806 Ambarella A7LA50 dash camera

We posted pictures too on the first page. ;-) Your latest picture is 0806 with lens ST4056 which will be not used in the final product.
Because the first bunch of mini 0806 has failed the tests
Which tests?

enjoy,
Mtz

Because the first bunch of mini 0806 has failed the tests, the supplier said they would delay its release time. Gearbest will keep following up, and get in when it's first officially released :p
I think the first bunch worked quite well, it is the improvements added to the second bunch that require another iteration before production.

the first batch GearBest mentioned is the engineer samples we released to the 16 guys to test.
In fact we are making the new samples now to make sure magenta blinking problem is solved completely.
some cutomers asked us to block the card A for a small batch selling but we think it is not a intact mini0806. we can't surrender to spot money but damage the great camera design.
Everyone please pay more patience. the first production batch will be around 15th Dec according the MS Project milestone but few quantity. Hope some lucky guys will get them before X-mas!

I think the first bunch worked quite well, it is the improvements added to the second bunch that require another iteration before production.

sorry but we are very unsatisfy with the testing engineer sample, from production view. we havn't noticed the problems before SMT. that is a big mistake.

Maybe Nigel or reverend can post, because my actual internet speed is 5kb/s until next week. :-(

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
Can someone post raw footage?
Not raw, but uploaded at full resolution:

And frame grabs from those videos, again at full resolution:
Beer%20loose%20on%20the%20road.jpg

Frame%202014.01.04%2022-45-19%20%280-00-25.841%29.jpg

Just uploading one now - I thought I'd uploaded some raw 0806 footage but there's nothing on my Mega - it's got an ETA of an hour for the first file so I'll put a link here tomorrow morning :)

Thanks. The increased resolution definitely helps with license plate visibility.

Here's the first raw file that's uploaded -this is daytime:

https://mega.co.nz/#!RJ0UwRjQ!DvJTg2WpZUnguY67_sDOJx3-XnsBLw5cglRl3ofcc6A

It still has the usual issues when it's a grey cloudy winters day like most other dashcams where numberplates will blur of passing cars (because the exposure times are too long) but it does quite well considering.

If you have blue skies with lots of sunlight you'll more than likely capture every numberplate you pass

There are two more vids uploading so I'll link them when they're up

Last edited:
Here's the first raw file that's uploaded -this is daytime:

https://mega.co.nz/#!RJ0UwRjQ!DvJTg2WpZUnguY67_sDOJx3-XnsBLw5cglRl3ofcc6A

It still has the usual issues when it's a grey cloudy winters day like most other dashcams where numberplates will blur of passing cars (because the exposure times are too long) but it does quite well considering.

If you have blue skies with lots of sunlight you'll more than likely capture every numberplate you pass

There are two more vids uploading so I'll link them when they're up

Thank you

No worries - I've got a night video on the way up too but that one is taking its time for sure!

the first batch GearBest mentioned is the engineer samples we released to the 16 guys to test.
In fact we are making the new samples now to make sure magenta blinking problem is solved completely.
some cutomers asked us to block the card A for a small batch selling but we think it is not a intact mini0806. we can't surrender to spot money but damage the great camera design.
Everyone please pay more patience. the first production batch will be around 15th Dec according the MS Project milestone but few quantity. Hope some lucky guys will get them before X-mas!
Yes, this is exactly what I mean :)
Gearbest feel very honored to work with 080x supplier, and hope we can provide our users the perfect final product ASAP. Gearbest will maintain close ties and cooperation with you , and provide DCT friends the best products and services :D

Last edited:

So the limited production around december 15th will the final version right?

Thanks. The increased resolution definitely helps with license plate visibility.
It's not just the resolution. If I compare the images with the Mini 0803 then the 0806 images look a lot sharper with more detail and better colours/shading, as though the Mini0803 ran out of bitrate for encoding the images, however it is the Mini 0806 that normally produces the smaller files!

The Mini0806 is the one where you can recognise the driver, the Mini 0803 is the one where the driver could be an alien:
0806-0803x2.png

Mini 0806 first:
Frame%202014.10.25%2015-46-00%20%280-05-22.450%29.jpg

Frame%202014.10.25%2015-46-02%20%280-05-06.415%29.jpg

The clarity is great. You can read all the plates from the 0806 but 0803 looks blurry when u zoom in.

Yes, this is exactly what I mean :)
Gearbest feel very honored to work with 080x supplier, and hope we can provide our users the perfect final product ASAP. Gearbest will maintain close ties and cooperation with you , and provide DCT friends the best products and services :D

Is there a waiting list for the first round or a way to be notified when it comes on sale?

Back