Hands on Mini 0806 Ambarella A7LA50 dash camera

I think Rayman.Chan will announce for sure when it will be available, ready to be shipped to buyers.

enjoy,
Mtz

BTW, where did you buy the 24mm circular polarizing filter (CPL)?

Is there a waiting list for the first round or a way to be notified when it comes on sale?
I will update the information and tell you on the forum the first time when it comes on sale. And you can add to my friends, so that you will be noticed when I post :p

Thanks Nigel, mini 0806 is looking better and better.

Sorry my phone camera does not focus as well as I would like.
Ran the 0806 during the Thursday night shopping madness.
zj8nip.jpg

It might be a little hard to tell, but as mentioned before the LEDs are MUCH dinner at night compared to the 0803/0805. I don't need to put tape over them, and they can still be seen welling during the day if need be.

Hi everyone,
We have just had word that the 0806 will be ready before the 20th December.

JooVuu at the moment will not be stocking it as we are incredibly concerned about reliability issues. We've learned our lesson about reliability with the 0803 and therefore will be waiting until some of our concerns are answered.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

JooVuu at the moment will not be stocking it as we are incredibly concerned about reliability issues. We've learned our lesson about reliability with the 0803 and therefore will be waiting until some of our concerns are answered.
Do you have any specific concerns that you would like to share as a service to potential buyers?
Are we talking hardware or software issues (ie fixable via firmware).

Thanks

Agree and thanks. Cautious attitude is great respect for customers; everybody will appreciate this. :)
That is why we haven't release mini0806 production even after two monthes test.

Do you have any specific concerns that you would like to share as a service to potential buyers?
Are we talking hardware or software issues (ie fixable via firmware).

Thanks

Agree and thanks. Cautious attitude is great respect for customers; everybody will appreciate this. :)

Hi Leyton01,
We do not believe it is fair if we share these concerns as MEG/Rayman and all the other amazing works at MEGTech are working to fix these issues. But as a retailer who has been screwed before on reliability issues on cameras, we cannot and will not take the chance again. Call us old fashioned, but we only really want to sell products that we can get behind and know are good for the customers. I'm sure the Mini 0806 will be this but we have to wait until we are satisfied the issues have been resolved.

Hi Rayman,
Thank you for understanding, you know us very well, so I hope these issues are resolved and we can start selling the Mini 0806. We believe it to be agreat camera.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

Rayman, are you saying that because of the two months testing the units that will be available on 20/12 will be all good ??

Hi Leyton01,
We do not believe it is fair if we share these concerns as MEG/Rayman and all the other amazing works at MEGTech are working to fix these issues.

I understand, I suppose I was wondering if the biggest concerns were hardware or software ie software being fixable for early adopters, hardware not.

Rayman, are you saying that because of the two months testing the units that will be available on 20/12 will be all good ??
I understand, I suppose I was wondering if the biggest concerns were hardware or software ie software being fixable for early adopters, hardware not.

The two months testing has identified some problems, some are being fixed, some have been fixed, some will be fixed, the result should be an improvement on the version that has been tested and which you have seem images/video from. Although it will be a new version which initially will have had little testing. I don't expect MEGTech will put it on sale unless they have confidence in it but maybe Joovuu needs to have more confidence than they do. After all. Joovuu doesn't have to sell it, they don't have to take any risk with brand new products so why not wait a month and see how the public get on with it then sell it only when it has been proven and tested by the public? ...or maybe wait until some have proven that they can live through summer weather, something none of the test versions have done. Of course as a buyer you can also choose to wait, or to jump in early.

You can see one of the major hardware issues in most of the 0806 images I have posted, which has resulted in changes, but since nobody has commented maybe it is not that major! I wont say what it is because it has been fixed in the newer hardware so there is no reason to worry about it. None of the issues have stopped me using the camera as my main dashcam, the images are significantly better than those from the 0803 which I have at the back of the car, only one issue has resulted in any unreliability in recording and I believe that is now fixed. It hasn't shown any of the heat issues that the 0803 did, just gets mildly warm as you would expect it too, and the battery is showing no sign of loosing capacity from overheating - the recording time from battery only is still close to the original, that's something I can't say about my 0803.

At the end of the day there is always some risk in jumping in early but given a choice of 0806 or 0803 as my main camera in the front of my car I have already chosen the 0806 and it wouldn't be there if I didn't trust it to work well and work reliably, they use the same mounts so it would be very easy to swap. As for the first production units, I expect they will be reliable, but they wont have had a lot of testing in that exact form so if you are worried then why not wait a couple of weeks to get feedback from the first purchasers? Maybe that is what Joovuu is doing? I expect Rayman Chan will also be waiting for the feedback before producing huge numbers of them.

Reactions: Mtz

Hi Leyton01,
One of the things I would say is this. Apart from the Mobius and Dome (to some degree) very few Chinese manufacturers actually released meaningful software updates for their cameras. One of the reasons Mobius is so successful is because their development is actually getting stronger by the release. This means the cameras are always being improved. However, as seen with the 0803 a lot of the software fixes do nothing or create a whole raft of new problems. This is why we want to wait and see regarding the Mini 0806 on a whole raft of features.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

None of the issues have stopped me using the camera as my main dashcam, the images are significantly better than those from the 0803 which I have at the back of the car
My test 0806 camera is working from the first day without any problem, no freeze, no corrupted video. My version had only one card connected to PCB. Firmware is improved weekly beta testers are workin to details too, like menu spelling, more options. The most important thing for me was the brightness for low light recordings, others I expect to be improved until camera will be released because is a private model and not cheap as 0805 which is a general model.

enjoy,
Mtz

However, as seen with the 0803 a lot of the software fixes do nothing or create a whole raft of new problems.

a part of this problem with the 0803 is a communication issue, I've seen updated firmwares reported as having fixes that were never part of the update, many of the updates were only menu changes etc for specific customers, someone gets hold of it and calls it an update because it has a new version number

Quick question regarding AV out... I can't see an AV port like the one's on the 0801 & 0803. Does the HDMI port offer a live output now?

I hook my 0801 to my cars screen via the AV port for a live view whereas the HDMI port only offers playback.

I can't check the HDMI live output because I don't have such cable. Can you tell for what do you want to use HDMI for live output?
Regarding AV out I expect to be available through USB connection with 0806 cable, but only video out.

enjoy,
Mtz

It must be live HDMI since you can use it for focusing the lens.

However I don't think I have anything with an HDMI in so I can't test it...

I think your TV have HDMI in. ;-)

enjoy,
Mtz

Back