Hardwiring a129 questions

Just curious if anyone that requested to receive the A129 sample 3-wire hard wire kit from VIOFO has had any feedback if they have shipped or are close to shipping yet? It's been two weeks since I forwarded my shipping address as requested. If have unreasonable expectations please let me know, I can handle it. :)

Just curious if anyone that requested to receive the A129 sample 3-wire hard wire kit from VIOFO has had any feedback if they have shipped or are close to shipping yet? It's been two weeks since I forwarded my shipping address as requested. If have unreasonable expectations please let me know, I can handle it. :)
The problem with samples and prototypes is that they are ready when they are ready, not when you are ready!

You need a little patience, presumably there has been a little unexpected work to do, or improvements to make, before they are ready, better to do it before sending them out rather than after!

If I install the A129 Duo now using the supplied power port adapter / USB cable, would there be a problem later installing the 3-wire hard wire kit?
The current front camera cable ends in a USB male connector to go in the powered port adapter, and the new hard wire kit would end in a USB mini male connector.
So, could I use a USB Mini Female<--> USB Female adapter to go between the hard wire usb and the original camera supply usb connector and not have to re-run the hard wire cable to the front camera again?

The problem with samples and prototypes is that they are ready when they are ready, not when you are ready!

You need a little patience, presumably there has been a little unexpected work to do, or improvements to make, before they are ready, better to do it before sending them out rather than after!
Ok, thanks for the perspective. I would rather have it work right from the beginning.

Ok, thanks for the perspective. I would rather have it work right from the beginning.
Well that is not guaranteed. They are being sent out for testing, a successful test finds problems...

If I install the A129 Duo now using the supplied power port adapter / USB cable, would there be a problem later installing the 3-wire hard wire kit?
The current front camera cable ends in a USB male connector to go in the powered port adapter, and the new hard wire kit would end in a USB mini male connector.
So, could I use a USB Mini Female<--> USB Female adapter to go between the hard wire usb and the original camera supply usb connector and not have to re-run the hard wire cable to the front camera again?
Not sure we know how the hardwire kit connects, maybe it uses the same cable as the standard power adaptor. Quite likely you will need to reinstall the cable though, why not just tape it in place temporarily, make it look nice when you get the hardwire kit?

Well that is not guaranteed. They are being sent out for testing, a successful test finds problems...

Not sure we know how the hardwire kit connects, maybe it uses the same cable as the standard power adapter. Quite likely you will need to reinstall the cable though, why not just tape it in place temporarily, make it look nice when you get the hardwire kit?
Thanks again. I probably will take your suggestion and just temp mount the front camera for now until the hard wire kit becomes available.
I was planning to have a auto electronics shop install the cameras once the kit was available. I did a quick check and decided I didn't look forward to hiding the cable along the front pillar, headliner and rear hatch panel for Audi Q5.
I easily put an A119 in my other car - plenty of flex in the trim pieces to completely hide the cable around the windshield and hide under the dash area.

I received my sample yesterday. Temporarily hooked it up but need the beta firmware to test. Currently it functions like the any normal hardwire kit.

I believe it is firmware v1.11 unless there is a new beta.

Only thing I noticed is it has a round shielding? cylinder about 10cm from the main usb plug so will need clips to hold it to windscreen as its too thick to fit under window trim.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I received my sample yesterday. Temporarily hooked it up but need the beta firmware to test. Currently it functions like the any normal hardwire kit.

I believe it is firmware v1.11 unless there is a new beta.

Only thing I noticed is it has a round shielding? cylinder about 10cm from the main usb plug so will need clips to hold it to windscreen as its too thick to fit under window trim.

They couldnt put it on the other end? Can you take a picture?

When I get home I will. Maybe because it's a sample unit it has that shielding. Will reserve judgement until final unit. It's not a deal breaker but odd location for it.

When I get home I will. Maybe because it's a sample unit it has that shielding. Will reserve judgement until final unit. It's not a deal breaker but odd location for it.

OK, thank you!

Thanks for the update. Will check for picture later. Glad to hear they shipped some samples.

Here is the hardwire kit end that plugs into the camera. As you can see the cylinder is quite large.
4bf083a8eac89167abd204297682abb4.jpg

Makes sense. Does your kit have the same set up?

how are you supposed to get the 'filter' thing tucked in under the headliner coming off the camera?

My guess is you don't, well you can't in my car but not an issue. A clip to hold it to the window will be fine, it's positioned high enough no one will see it

how are you supposed to get the 'filter' thing tucked in under the headliner coming off the camera?

95% of cars it's no issue, the hoodlining is not actually flush with the roof, there is room inside around the edges, older cars can be a bit more work but most are no problem

Does anyone have access to the beta parking mode firmware or where it could be sourced? I've tried googling but no luck as yet

Back