Hardwiring a129 questions

Yeah I sent him a PM but no reply as yet.

Anyway I found the beta firmware after much trolling and can report it succesfully works with the cell link neo.

The viofo hardwire kit red and yellow wires are different to the cell link neo so you actually have to hook yellow to red and red to yellow instead of red to red and yellow to yellow. Once I did that it was all good. When you initially start the car the unit records in full 30fps, when switching off the ignition the unit will beep twice then instantly go into FPS mode which I had set as 5FPS. When starting the vehicle again the unit will beep another 2 times and return to full 30fps mode.

There is also a low bitrate mode but I am yet to test.

So far so good, I'll solder the wires together and make a more permanent install then give it a good test the next few days.

Soldered the wires up and all installed. Low bit rate mode works but only on the front camera with this beta firmware. Front records at 5mb/s while rear is still at 16mb/s so for now I'm happy to use 5fps mode.

The beta has 1fps, 5fps, 10fps and low bit rate. Once the firmware is fixed I reckon low bit rate will be the preferred choice.

Will park for extended time tomorrow at work to see if there are any hiccups.

The good thing is I can manually shut down the camera at home in the garage when I don't need it recording then the next time I start the car it starts recording in full motion.

Here is a short video of it in action

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Here is the hardwire kit end that plugs into the camera. As you can see the cylinder is quite large.
4bf083a8eac89167abd204297682abb4.jpg

Thanks for the picture.. I wonder if you can open the cylinder and mount it closer to the end maybe.. Usually these ferrite cores are just clamped on..

Hey Finger, how come both of your cables are to the side of the cam? Does the hardwire kit use another port to plug in?

The kit comes with a right angle connector and I read somewhere on here viofo said the hardwire kit has to be plugged into the camera for it to work correctly.

I believe the actual camera senses 5v on 2 of the pins in the camera so it knows its a 3 wire hardwire kit and not a 2 wire. If you plug it into the gps mount it just thinks its a regular power cable and you don't get access to the low bit rate mode in the camera and it doesn't switch to parking mode via the ignition.

Hi All,

Today I have received my hardwire Kit as well, I'll be testing the kit once i receive my A129 Duo Order, attaching Pics for nowIMG_20180820_141714.jpgIMG_20180820_141945.jpgIMG_20180820_141656.jpg

I should be receiving my A129 Duo order this week as well. I sent a message to Viofo, but have yet to receive a response.

I will be using the new Samsung Pro Endurance 128GB card with the camera. Tested to reliably maintain about 30MB/s write speed in most scenarios.

My biggest concern so far is that my rear glass is tinted. Does anyone know how back tint negatively affects the image? I believe I have either 20 or 35 percent.

-Sam

My biggest concern so far is that my rear glass is tinted. Does anyone know how back tint negatively affects the image? I believe I have either 20 or 35 percent.

-Sam
Should just result in a bit more motion blur than with clear glass, except at night with no streetlights when your tail/brake lights wont be able to provide enough illumination to see.

The current hardwire kit cutoff is 11.6V. The new 3 cables which have ACC detection have 4 switch like 11.8V, 12V, 12.2v, 12.4V.
Can this be turned off when its connection to a power pack which outputs 12v.

I should be receiving my A129 Duo order this week as well. I sent a message to Viofo, but have yet to receive a response.

I will be using the new Samsung Pro Endurance 128GB card with the camera. Tested to reliably maintain about 30MB/s write speed in most scenarios.

-Sam

Just an update on the Samsung Pro Endurance card. The card has been extremely reliable so far. I'm going to say it is worth the money as far as I've experienced so far.

-Sam

At what voltage should I setup the cutoff to prevent a low battery?

At what voltage should I setup the cutoff to prevent a low battery?
@viofo posted this a few days ago in another thread:

Below is @Nigel wrote about the voltage setting in another thread.

None of the voltages will kill the car battery, but they will all shorten its life! The lower the voltage setting, the shorter the car battery life, assuming that it regularly reaches the cut off limit, which depends on how much and how often you drive the car.

A general guide, assuming that your car has a lead acid main battery:

• For an AGM car battery use 11.8V.
  • For a Long Life (Calcium)(5 Year Warranty) battery use 12.0V.
  • For a Maintenance Free (Cheap)(≤3 Year Warranty) battery use 12.2V
If you often leave the car unused for over a week at a time then it might be wise to increase that by one stop.

If you don't regularly do drives of more than 1 hour, or occasional drives of over 4 hours, then it would help battery life significantly if you used a battery charger to 100.00% fill the car battery every 3 months.

Immense thanks for that prompt and helpful reply.

Or if your not using the car on a drive way for a weekend, unplug the dashcam :) my wifes fiat panda went flat last week as she only does very short trips with headlights on , and left dash cam on voltage was set to 11.8, now I have set it to max.

Or if your not using the car on a drive way for a weekend, unplug the dashcam :) my wifes fiat panda went flat last week as she only does very short trips with headlights on , and left dash cam on voltage was set to 11.8, now I have set it to max.

:) to be safe I kept it at 12.2

Anyone have any ideas on what fuses I should tap for the 3 wire kit (to use parking mode) on a ford suv (ford edge)? With the 2 wire kit I was using fuse #23 (Delayed Accessories) so not sure if should still use this as the ACC and then I need to find another to use with the battery line.

Back