Help needed with parking mode

Paul grainger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have a silent witness sw013 camera fitted. My question is about Parking mode. I have both ignition power and constant 12v sockets but I'm confused. If camera is on ignition power then battery lasts around an hour before switching off therefore parking mode is useless. If its hard wired then the camera doesn't know I've stopped and parked and continues to record normally! Surely there is a way to sort this. Silent witness techs were pretty useless! Anyone have any ideas???
Thanks
Paul

this camera won't have a proper parking mode, not something you would want to do for any length of time using a camera with an internal battery anyway, running for an hour on its own battery is pretty exceptional really, most battery cameras are only good for a few minutes

this camera won't have a proper parking mode, not something you would want to do for any length of time using a camera with an internal battery anyway, running for an hour on its own battery is pretty exceptional really, most battery cameras are only good for a few minutes

Thanks but this was the main reason I bought this camera. It seems like there should be a easy fix?! Why advertise the parking mode feature if it won't work on ignition OR constant power. How do other cameras get around this problem??

if you want to look at something with an automated parking mode you'd generally find that in the more expensive Korean cameras, there are some trade offs for that type of functionality also though, lower bitrate to try and deal with heat issues, some may need external power management, some have restrictive playback and file handling options

This camera looks very similar to a generic Chinese model that was sent to us for testing before. Typically with these you can power them constantly but you gotta set the parking mode every time you park the car.
Parking mode probably doesn't work very well though, guessing there's no pre-buffered recording and it only records if G-sensor is triggered not by motion.

Back