HELP! SG Acting up again!

yes if you have had a event during parking mode, then you will need to have lightning fast reactions to stop the playback at the right time, or playback at a slower speed or even frame by frame.
I am not sure if when in parking mode and recording slow FPS, and the camera get a G-sensor event that then trigger regular recording for a while. that would be nice as the slow FPS recording for good reasons dont have audio on it.
Most regular media players you can do frame by frame playback ( forwards or backwards ) by pressing a button on the keyboard, it can also be done in Street guardians dashcam player.
The time lapse sloe FPS parking mode are a means to be able to record all the time in a hot environment, if you dident do it that way the camera would quickly overheat, and also if you was recording regular 30 FPS video while parked then the memory card space consumption would be just as high parked as when running in regular drive mode.

One just need to be aware of this and then playback 1 frame at the time if you had a event to find the 5 - 10 frames in the recording where you can get usable information.
No need to be reviewing parking mode video clips if there are no events, i think watching time lapse footage for a longer period would just be stressful.

If you watch this video and then lower the playback speed to 0.25 it get a little easier to keep up ( you can lower the speed by pressing the cog in the lower right corner and then select speed / 0.25

It is 3 hours of work compressed to 7 minutes.

Last edited:
I don't understand the last part about viewing on computer what you pick up on parking mode. If it's moving fast how do you see what's going on?

the simplest method I think is to use VLC for playback, when viewing timelapse videos you can press the - (minus) key repeatedly to slow the video down, press + (plus) key to speed it back up, makes going through the footage much easier

this makes this job looks soo damn easy. nothing like the right equipment.
But also so tempting to go there in the middle of the night and let a huge ripper burnout go on it.

Well i would initiate my driveway in that manner, if i was rich enough to own a car that could do a burnout.
Though i think the little Suzuki can if i pull the P brake and let the front wheels do the work, but in my book thats not a burnout just killing tire as the Suzuki would probably just to 1 black mark on the tarmac.
For me burnout have always been synonymous with V8.

PS. i do like the guy that arrive, and then almost at once sit down on the stairway to watch his friends do all the work, i have a sneaky feeling he will be in politics soon.

reminds me about 20 years ago when had my VN V8 commmodore as pictured in my sig, when they relaid the road outside my place, one night i christened it on my way out with a huge burnout going down the street when my parents weren't home, nice 2 black lines about 50m long from my driveway going down the street.
when my father asked if(he knew i would have though) and why i did it i remember saying my foot slipped off the brake onto the accelerator. he didn't believe me. i got a good talking to.
them were the days when the cops would just tell you off or give a warning or fine and not impound ya car.

This morning my REC light was blinking. I guess it ran all night. I thought I had set it to two hours!?

no I don't know how to do it..

I have just ditched my old screen recorder and gotten a new one, i will whip up a how to update the firmware video on the SG9663DC a little later on when i have retrieved the camera from my car.

I have just ditched my old screen recorder and gotten a new one, i will whip up a how to update the firmware video on the SG9663DC a little later on when i have retrieved the camera from my car.

if that doesn't help we'll sort another way to do it

took a while to get things sorted here, and i had to go to extremes as several free screen recorder software dident work for me, so i upgraded my pinnacle studio 20 ultimate to the 22 version.
Proceeding to whip up something right now.

Thanks Kamkar. I knew I could count on you! is that what's making my timer not work?

We're bracing for a hurricane in the US South tomorrow..

Firmware 1.33 fixes a few bugs parking mode bugs.

Eject the memory card, Copy .bin file to micro SD card using the USB to microSD card reader + your computer (drag and drop)
Insert card back into camera. Next time it powers up it will auto update.

KamKar1's video should show more in-depth. You're also welcome to call me again if you need a walk through.

Yes there still are a few bugs to iron out before the dashcam and hard wire kit are 100 % operational, so you will need to update the firmware a few times yet im afraid.
And trust me its not to street guardians liking either, safe to say the HW kit launch have been far more messy than they liked for it to be, and it have put everything else on hold for the company.

At least the SG FW updates seem to be going smoothly unlike all the Thinkware problems I keep seeing.

@Captain I keep forgetting you are up there in the hurricane target area. Being a native Floridian, I have grown to enjoy the bad weather hurricanes bring us. It's also nice that a generator I got for free is big enough to power my house 100%. But it gets expensive at 20 gallons of gas for only 16 hours.

20 gallons of gas for only 16 hours.
be glad you are not a Dane where gas prizes are 2 X yours ( at least ) current price i pay for 95 octane to my car are 7.50 USD /GAL

I am crazy about extreme weather, but of course its never fun if it kill or ruin the life on anyone you care for, too bad i cant get TV2 news ( the Danish fox news ) they have a crew in Wilmington NC where i believe the thing will make landfall.

Dame new editing software are making fun of me, just found out the end product i uploaded to youtube are garbage, so now i have to do it all over again. :sleep:

Last edited:
Very strange my phone can no longer record at a steady frame rate, the FPS just drop and drop the longer the recording get so i will have to try something else i can focus pretty near.
And thank god i dont really use my phone camera, at least not the video part,,,,,, stupid Chinese pooo :) though i have lately eyed the xiaomi pocophone F1 though it dont matter got other things to throw money at.

On to mod some camera for near field focus

...It's also nice that a generator I got for free is big enough to power my house 100%. But it gets expensive at 20 gallons of gas for only 16 hours.
That is a hungry generator. I'm considering a natural gas whole house generator but they're not cheap either - to buy or operate.

We're bracing for a hurricane in the US South tomorrow..
need to stream it here live, or upload some pics here so we can see what its all about. im hearing about it on the news here.

Back