HELP! SG Acting up again!

Ok, I think I got it wired up right. A little symbol appears in the upper right, looks like a clock. with another weird symbol underneath it. Then it turns off with no blinking. Is is recording?

the weird symbol underneath the clock icon is the GPS icon

what settings do you have configured for countdown timer?

I set in on the third click from the left? ok? I checked again..it is blinking. Will it record all night?

I have a normal size fairly new American battery. Are you saying it's not designed to run all night? Last night, before I installed the kit, I ran the cigar connection all night. Started right up in the morning. But if it's designed to be just left on during parking during the day, tell me and I can turn it off overnight right?

it will run until the voltage setting selected, your battery may have more life than that but the point is not to constantly run a car battery down as it will affect the lifespan of the battery, car batteries are intended to supply a very high current draw for a very short period (starter motor) and then be quickly charged back up and float charged to maintain their voltage, a regular parasitic load on a battery will shorten its life quite a lot, if you do run them for extended periods all the time that's a tradeoff to have that functionality

The question was, is it designed to run overnight? or just while parked during the day. Guess I'll find out in the morning when I see if my battery is dead.

The question was, is it designed to run overnight? or just while parked during the day. Guess I'll find out in the morning when I see if my battery is dead.

parking mode runs when the car is off if that's how you set it up, there is nothing to distinguish day or night

Yeah parking is just every time you stop your car, night or day.
As i recently said elsewhere i would personally only use 30 minutes of parking mode after key off as that will cover all my shopping need, and at home i have CCTV on the car where it is parked, so no need for parking mode on the dashcam there.
So any longer period i might need a few times every year, and then i would just go into the camera setting and change the 30 minutes to what ever hours i will be gone from the car.

When you use the hard wire kit that open up 2 menus in the camera, they where still there before but just dident work with a regular power source.
But now with the hard wire kit you can go into those 2 menus and make changes.
In the first menu related to parking mode "parking monitor" thats where you set the FPS the camera should use when parked, i am not aware of what options are in there, but i think i would like to use 5 FPS if thats a option.
Second parking mode related menu are called "Shutdown timer", this is where you set the timer for how long the camera should be in parking mode, i assume the options are from "never" meaning the battery cut of decide when the camera stop, so that could be any amount of hours depending on car battery state and size.
And then you would probably have some settings which i guesstimate could be 5 minutes - 30 minuted - 1 hour - 3 hour - 6 hour timed shut down.

But as i dont have the hard wire kit i am guessing what the actual values are in those 2 menus.

I quickly skim those 2 parking mode related menus in my video about the DC menus, but thats also all i could do as there was no hard wire kit out at the time i made the video, and not much explanation as to what those 2 menu items was.

Perhaps one of the guys with the hard wire kit could enlighten me on what the actual values are in those 2 menus, and what setting are the default.

By the sound of it, it sounds like the default Shutdown Timer are set to "never" meaning there are no timed shut off only the battery cut off, which as i understand it you have set to 12.2 Volts, so the camera will be in parking mode until your car battery reach 12.2 volts, or you start the car and go for a drive.

Like i said i would personally probably only use 30 minutes shutdown timer, so what ever i set the battery cut off to on the switch on the PSU dont matter much and will only be a safety making sure my car battery cant get discharged by accident.

So in general you have 2 options for parking mode, you can let the car battery voltage be the deciding factor on when the camera shut down ( 12.2 volts in your case )
Or you could use one of the timer settings and have the camera shut down after XX minutes or X hours ( what ever the values are in that menu )

Thinking back the past year i cant think of a single time where i would have felt like having parking guard on for a extended period ( i know i should get out more and rub shoulders with my fellow Danes )
But a timed option of 30 minutes will cover me at the store where i shop, and at the pizza joint when i go there to pick up bachelor dinner, and then maybe the occasional trip to the post office or shopping in a new place.
I am about to build a new computer, so that mean i will have to drive to local stores in the area to pick up hardware, but 30 minutes should also be fine for this.

By the sound of it, it sounds like the default Shutdown Timer are set to "never" meaning there are no timed shut off only the battery cut off, which as i understand it you have set to 12.2 Volts, so the camera will be in parking mode until your car battery reach 12.2 volts, or you start the car and go for a drive.

the default setting is 10 minutes, there's no option of never, max setting is 24 hours

Aaaa okay.
what is the default FPS setting ?

So if Captain have not made any changes in the 2 parking mode camera menus he will have parking guard for just 10 minutes after he park his car, and the camera will film at 1FPS.
Thats probably not what he want or expect, so he will have to make some changes to those 2 menu items to get something that feel better to him.

Or maybe i have missed something and he have made some changes in there.

24 Hours timer should also be long enough for the battery low voltage of 12.2 volts to stop the camera, at least in my tiny car with its tiny battery thats like half of a shoe box in size.

So if Captain have not made any changes in the 2 parking mode camera menus he will have parking guard for just 10 minutes after he park his car, and the camera will film at 1FPS.
Thats probably not what he want or expect, so he will have to make some changes to those 2 menu items to get something that feel better to him.

Or maybe i have missed something and he have made some changes in there.

24 Hours timer should also be long enough for the battery low voltage of 12.2 volts to stop the camera, at least in my tiny car with its tiny battery thats like half of a shoe box in size.

a lot depends on the size of the battery, state of charge at key off which may differ depending how long the car was driven etc, the power at the fuse panel is likely to be a bit lower than it is at the battery, add to all of that pretty much every vehicle is different and there's a lot f room for variances

Searching for an new battery for my car the biggest ones seem to be 60 AH ( LWH ) 207 - 175 - 175 mm :cautious: and the cost is about 125 USD

And not much room to expand on things in the engine "room"
suzuki-splash-engine-2.jpg

Searching for an new battery for my car the biggest ones seem to be 60 AH ( LWH ) 207 - 175 - 175 mm :cautious: and the cost is about 125 USD

And not much room to expand on things in the engine "room"
suzuki-splash-engine-2.jpg

looks like a cordless drill battery :P

OK after reading this I am more confused than before. You have to keep it simple for meo_O. So I go into the menu to set it at 30 minutes? And at night, at the end of the day, I can just turn it off...Do I turn it off by pressing the power button, or the REC button?

After it switches to parking mode you can press and hold the power button to turn it off anytime you don't want to use parking mode

Reactions: Mtz
stick a huge li-on battery in the boot.

Back