EsQueue

Reaction score
Country
United States
How well does this compare to the Blackvue 750S reliability and function wise? The 900 isn't an option due to the failure rate and overheating. I've gone through a Blackvue DR650GW, DR650S and DR750S, They all fail from 1-3 years. I'm ready to give a new company a chance.

...They all fail from 1-3 years. I'm ready to give a new company a chance.
Not to sound like a 'fanboy' but I've been using Street Guardian cameras for over 5 years and have yet to have a failure. I bought 2 of the original SG9665GC cams right after they were released in Feb. 2015 and both are in daily use today.

Not to sound like a 'fanboy' but I've been using Street Guardian cameras for over 5 years and have yet to have a failure. I bought 2 of the original SG9665GC cams right after they were released in Feb. 2015 and both are in daily use today.

I’ve had my U1000 for a few months and I’m very happy with the cam. I don’t know if Thinkware cameras last longer than Blackvue cameras, or vice versa. I think it may be a function of the environment. Maybe parking your car in the hot sun after a long recording session exacerbates their demise? Or maybe I’d you drive over lots of bad roads the vibration finally gets them.

The build quality of the U1000 is good, although it isn’t a magnesium case or anything, just plastic. If you can accept that form factor, it seems to be a well designed PCB inside with lots of space for cooling. I also don’t think the 750 is a 4K camera, only 1080P.

I used to have blackvue cams but the overheating was always an issue.

then switched to the thinkware f750 which was great & never overheated

after that i owned the f770 which overheated from time to time,

Then onto the q800 which was always overheating so I returned it.

Now have the U1000. its a good camera though very expensive and even this one shuts down from time to time in summer...
(Might stick some heatsinks on it, but not sure if that will really work, plus it's a crazy notion that I'd have tinker with a 500 eur cam...)

To be honest maybe i should have just bough another F770 instead, which u can find new for around 240 euros (DUAL)...

what i did always like about blackvue was the design, which i prefer to thinkware

Last edited:
Now have the U1000. its a good camera though very expensive and even this one shuts down from time to time in summer...
(Might stick some heatsinks on it, but not sure if that will really work, plus it's a crazy notion that I'd have tinker with a 500 eur cam...)

To be honest maybe i should have just bough another F770 instead, which u can find new for around 240 euros (DUAL)...

what i did always liked about blackvue was the design, which i prefer to thinkware

Interesting that you had shutdowns in the summer. I ran mine all summer long, daily driving an hour a day to/from work and never had a problem. Were you in France? That isn’t that far south like Florida in the USA.

The Blackvue has a very different design, they have multiple PCBs stacked on top of each other in that little tube design, which puts more heat in a smaller volume, thus they are more likely to overheat. The Thinkware has a monolithic PCB, but it takes up more space.

I wouldn’t want to have to use home made heat sinks to cool an expensive camera either. Thankfully, mine hasn’t had any problems overheating.

I'm in the south (marseille) . but anything over 30c is problematic for the cam
Mind you; i'm talking about overheating in parkmode only

Back