How long did shipping take?

Jim, It looks like Canada Post delivered to someone else in Scarborough...one of your neighbours maybe?? I've had that happen & I will deliver it to the proper home (a block over & similar address). But others would put it back in the mailbox or hand it to the mailman later.

I hope to read some good news soon.

Hi Teresa, that wasn't my tracking number, I looked up M1R myself out of curiosity, I knew it was close. But... I'm not in Toronto itself, 'my' town, Canfield, is about 60 Km south as the crow flies, and small enough that no one would know it except locals.
By saying that I'm in Toronto, there's at least a chance of folks finding it on a map, but what with Rob Ford's antics, I'm not so sure it's a good idea.;)

I compared the dates of the 'stages' and if the processing time had been consistent, I should have seen 'my' stage 3 date on Nov. 23.
But as of a couple of minutes ago, there's no change, i.e. no 'stage 3' showing.
If I'm lucky and hit stage 3 tomorrow (i.e. actually in Genève, Switzerland), and the remaining stages take about 4 days each, I'll see the package Dec. 5th.

Nothing to do but wait another 8-9+(?) days :(

Jim

Hi, I ordered a G1W from estore009 also and am in Toronto, Canada. I only ordered last week (in fact, my date shipped is exactly the same as James, so we can compare shipping times to Canada vs. the UK), so I'm not worried yet about a long delay. Anyways, FWIW my shipping info shows that my package is on its way to Vancouver as of yesterday. I'll update here when I receive the cam.

Last edited:
And if you get yours before I get mine, I'm gonna be real maaaaaad! (;))

In fact, if you do, then I'll actually re-order, get a quick shipment and then reject the one coming via Swiss Post, assuming that it actually ever gets here.

Hi, I ordered a G1W from estore009 also and am in Toronto, Canada. I only ordered last week (in fact, my date shipped is exactly the same as James, so we can compare shipping times to Canada vs. the UK), so I'm not worried yet about a long delay. Anyways, FWIW my shipping info shows that my package is on its way to Vancouver as of yesterday. I'll update here when I receive the cam.
Mine's on its way as of yesterday aswell! :)

th4pLCc.png

Day 45 today. Got another update, not sure what it means really. I've got one on order from Amazon that'll be here today anyhow.

Tue 22.10.2013 18:01 Mailed Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Tue 22.10.2013 18:01 Arrival at border point of origin country Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Tue 22.10.2013 18:01 Departure from border point of origin country Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Tue 12.11.2013 16:25 Mailed Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Tue 12.11.2013 16:25 Arrival at border point of origin country Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Tue 12.11.2013 16:25 Departure from border point of origin country Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Thu 28.11.2013 10:17 Arrived in transit country CH-1211 Genève 5 Transit
Thu 28.11.2013 11:57 Departure from border point of origin country CH-1211 Genève 5 Transit
Thu 28.11.2013 11:57 Departed transit country CH-1211 Genève 5 Transit

Day 45 today. Got another update, not sure what it means really. I've got one on order from Amazon that'll be here today anyhow.

Tue 22.10.2013 18:01 Mailed Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Tue 12.11.2013 16:25 Mailed Swiss Post SINGAPORE
Thu 28.11.2013 10:17 Arrived in transit country CH-1211 Genève 5 Transit
Thu 28.11.2013 11:57 Departed transit country CH-1211 Genève 5 Transit

The camera finally reached Geneva on the 28th, so it should get passed to Canada Post in about 4 days and to your address in another 4 days so you should see it on about Dec 6 (based on some one else's results) unless they lose it again.
A very poor performance by Swiss Post.

The camera finally reached Geneva on the 28th, so it should get passed to Canada Post in about 4 days and to your address in another 4 days so you should see it on about Dec 6 (based on some one else's results) unless they lose it again.
A very poor performance by Swiss Post.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it. Not sure what I'll do with it when I get it - probably send it back. Just got mine from amazon in 7 days for a small premium. No customs or HST.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it. Not sure what I'll do with it when I get it - probably send it back. Just got mine from amazon in 7 days for a small premium. No customs or HST.
Just curious, what was the Amazon ASIN #, price, seller, etc.?
(the ASIN is the Amazon assigned listing number).
Jim

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it. Not sure what I'll do with it when I get it - probably send it back.

You should refuse delivery, i.e. don't pay postage, but, have you got a refund yet? Get that ASAP if you haven't.
Jim

Got my refund already. I guess I'll refuse deliver - never done that before.

I ordered this one from Amazon - $66 shipped with FedEx from BlueSkySea/Baiklov.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FONBG1A/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item

Thanks seagull,

I just ordered one and asked for the Blue case. The total cost of $66.35CAD is only about $10 more than the eStore $56.01CAD and my time wasted checking for the Swiss Post shipment is worth much more than $10.

Jim

Update;

I got a refund from Vicky at estore009 last week. And reordered 4 of the G1W's from Vicky's estore. I payed an additional $20.00 to have my order shipped via Fed Ex to Calgary Alberta. It appears that they will arrive by the Friday at the end of this week, accorded to Fed Ex.

I understand that My first order being delayed by months was out of Vicky's control.
With that being said, he worked to find Me a solution.
I would encourage anyone who is looking for quicker shipping, to simply send a message to Vicky & Work out a deal with him.

I have to admit that I found his customer service to be top notch! One the the best sellers I have ever worked with.

Now it looks like My first order may finally be a big step closer to arriving.
I checked the tracking page at Swiss post today to find the following;

Mon02.12.201307:06Arrival at border point of destination countryCAYTOA

Mon02.12.201307:06Handed to customsCAYTOA

Looks like it FINALLY made it to Canada.
I am Thinking if it does make it's way through customs and to my door. I will accept the order, and repay... Then resell them here on Kijiji.
I would feel rather guilty if I was to keep the order and not repay..

Mine also reached Canada today:

Mon 02.12.2013 06:00 Arrival at border point of destination country CAYTOA
Mon 02.12.2013 06:00 Handed to customs CAYTOA

I paid on October 18th and have since got one off Amazon. I'll be refusing delivery. I don't think there's enough of a market on Craigslist and Kijiji

Just got mine from amazon in 7 days for a small premium. No customs or HST.

Was that from Amazon.ca or Amazon.com? If from amazon.ca I would expect HST but no customs. On purchases from the US, it's hit and miss if Canada Customs inspects the package and levies an inspection fee and HST. I bought a dashcam in a private sale from a forum member in the US and Canada Customs charged $10 inspection fee and $10 HST on the camera. On top of the postage I paid (USPS) postage plus customs fees added about 40% to the cost of the dashcam.

Was that from Amazon.ca or Amazon.com? If from amazon.ca I would expect HST but no customs. On purchases from the US, it's hit and miss if Canada Customs inspects the package and levies an inspection fee and HST. I bought a dashcam in a private sale from a forum member in the US and Canada Customs charged $10 inspection fee and $10 HST on the camera. On top of the postage I paid (USPS) postage plus customs fees added about 40% to the cost of the dashcam.

This was Amazon.com, using my Amazon.ca account. Usually I cannot order items from .com as they don't ship to Canada. I got lucky not to get dinged with any other fees.

This was Amazon.com, using my Amazon.ca account. Usually I cannot order items from .com as they don't ship to Canada. I got lucky not to get dinged with any other fees.
It depends on the vendor, I've bought from amazon.com when Amazon.ca didn't have what I wanted, and the vendor was willing to ship to Canada, but there's was always a higher cost. However, some vendors state specifically where they will and will not ship.

... some vendors state specifically where they will and will not ship.

Yes, that's been my experience trying to buy from Amazon.com, every time I've tried there was no option to ship outside of the US, then when I went to the Amazon.ca site, either the product wasn't available or it was multiple times more expensive. Some of it had to do with manufacturer's restrictions on the sellers on which market they could sell into. Glad seagull21 you were able to buy from Amazon.com.

I got mine from Estore009 in less then 2 weeks. Purchased on Nov.22 and received it on Dec.2 and im in California USA

I got mine from Estore009 in less then 2 weeks. Purchased on Nov.22 and received it on Dec.2 and im in California USA
The shipments to the U.S. weren't the problem, it was the ones to Canada by Swiss Post.
It seems that Swiss Post misplaced a bunch ordered back in Oct. that are just now being delivered. Others ordered more recently didn't get misplaced and arrived in about 23 days. The person that started the thread just received his today, 50 days after ordering.

Back