I'm not going to gloat.
1) Those roads are better than most of the roads I have to use in London.
2) I see similar gridlock style situations developing at many junctions. Not as bad. Yet.
3) The authorities are deliberately making our roads worse (narrower, more obstructed, more pointless restrictions on turns, more complete road closures.) Because they despise motorists.
4) Driving attitudes are WORSE than in that video.
5) The authorities are deliberately creating virtual gridlock by having traffic lights every few hundred yards where all lights are red even when there are no pedestrians to benefit (not that such schemes are even necessary if there are crossing islands.)
I genuinely believe that London traffic will soon be as bad, or worse, than shown in that video, unless we kick out the people in charge of the roads who are so hateful towards most road users.
Well to be honest some times we have a little of the same, not from a traffic collapse but rather the me me mentality of many people on the road.
So in rush hour situations they will pile into a intersection and then due to traffic they cant clear it before it get red light, and so people going the other way and having green light have to sit and wait for these selfish A-holes to clear out.
Gesture's and says, please one minute. Told him I get that but this is no place to park and take off. Says it's just going to take just a minute and that he's requesting... Told him it's not about pleading and requesting as that doesn't change anything, it's about civic sense. Tells me that he's pleading with folded hands, what else can he do.