Innovv C3 with Remote Lens. With exchangable Wide and Narrow FOV lens

I think I should buy their stock too.

Taser's stock price has gone up since Aug. 9 but Tuttle said his company is not looking to take advantage of what happened in Ferguson.

"We're not going to be an ambulance chaser here," he said. "We will let law enforcement settle down. They will reach out to us, I'm very confident they will, and we'll be there when they need us."

Selling to police at the price more than $349.99, how nice the business they are.

http://www.vievu.com/vievu-store/vievu-store-vievu²/

I was able to get out today and get some new test footage that wasn't my normal boring work commute.
I made a new helmet mount from the Innovv lens holder and a plastic wedge and some 3M VHB tape to make the connection as solid as possible and as low profile as I can. The 90 degree lens is on my helmet and the camera was powered by a small battery pack that was in the same pocket as the C3 recording unit. I don't have enough power cords to wire up all of my motorcycles yet so the battery pack works great.

Mounting to a helmet is a great way to eliminate the jello effect that you can get from mounting cameras to a motorcycle but then you find out that a motorcycle helmet that's being pushed around by high winds and a bumpy road isn't always the most stable camera platform if you are looking for cinema quality footage. You can correct shake with software in post production but this is more about testing the C3 and not how to fix a wobbly helmet shot ;)

I also mounted the 120 degree wide angle lens facing backwards off of the passenger peg arm with a Ram short arm mount using the Innovv lens clip.
I had that camera running on internal battery only and it recorded for 105 minutes before it shut down. In case you wondered what happens to you last file when the battery runs out, the C3 saves the last file and then shuts down when the battery is about to die so that last file doesn't get corrupted.

Last edited:
All of the testing has been going very well :). Daily commute abuse and extra abuse that I've handed out, strapping all of the gear to the heaviest vibration point of my Moto Guzzi Griso, an 1100 V-twin engine bike, didn't show any failures in recording or equipment. I'm not saying that the C3 is bulletproof but it's definitely not fragile at all. More abuse testing to come. o_O
I am very glad that Rock is taking the time to test the C3 out in the real world instead of making everyone a involuntary beta tester.

The next phase of testing on my end will appeal to those of you that are preparing for the zombie apocalypse or just the plain old target shooting, action shooting, airsoft and hunting crowds and would like to have a video to share with your friends or post up to show off.

And for when you want to reach out and touch someone :rolleyes:

Thank you @willy510, you have really erased any doubts about the quality and versatility of the C3. Excellent videos and excellent still presentations. I might have to stop smoking now and use the money to buy a 'few' of these!

Hey thanks for the videos! Would it be possible to upload video stills (specifically ones that show license plates) that aren't reencoded by YouTube? I'm primarily interested in what video sharpness for insurance reasons.

Also the framerate looks to be somewhere between 15-20fps, will that be smoother later?

Thanks again for all the great work!

Here's a couple of stills, you should be able to make out the plates pretty easily for insurance. You may have to click on them to make them larger or save them to blow them up since I didn't want to post close up pics.

Here's a screen grab of the video stats. Video is 30 FPS in playback, I don't know what youtube does when they process video or if I need to do something else when I upload. If there is an error it's probably with me o_O

I tried uploading one of the clips to another video hosting site. It seems smoother than youtube but I think that how good a video looks online has a lot with how fast your internet is and how old your computer is.

Yeah, probably not the horsepower of my machine, as I'm on a haswell i7 processor with a 25mb/s connection. Could you try a Vimeo upload and allow original file download? I'm a former video editor and while the video may be encoded at 30fps it definitely doesn't appear to be delivering more than 20 fps. This also could be a result of a combination of frame blending and shutter speed from the CCD however.

Thanks for both of these uploads, they've been really helpful.

I tried uploading one of the clips to another video hosting site. It seems smoother than youtube but I think that how good a video looks online has a lot with how fast your internet is and how old your computer is.

Vimeo will only let me upload one file since I'm not a paid member. I don't really understand frame blending and shutter speed from the CCD,o_O just what google tells me about it. Any info would be great.

Current HDMI cable is 1.5m limit a finite one.
I believe @willy510 will show how he mount the camera on his big toy.
OKEY DOKEY - so under the riders seat it will have to be.
The Triumph is a bit of a monster, and dwarfs my Guzzi (a 1979 V1000G5)
I spend most Thursdays helping out at a Guzzi workshop. ;)

you can see how much better looking the footage is, without post production, when the mount isn't bouncing all over the place like my helmet does at high speeds.
So I'm not the only one who finds helmet-cam footage odd. Also who on earth wants the speedo readout visible. If you can see it - so can the cops.

I think that for target use the C3 (or just about any action cam) is going to have excessive FOV.
Unless you're a really rotten shot. 1º would be good - say 10º tops for moving "prey".
Really good shots are getting less than 1 minute of degree groups.

Willy - what's the glass on the rifle? - turrets look a bit Nightforce-ish.

Vimeo will only let me upload one file since I'm not a paid member.
Thanks for posting all of these clips and for the work you've done with the cam so far. The trouble with helmet cams is that we are always moving our heads around while we ride, watching the video later can make you feel seasick :confused: Bike sounds great BTW, nice and throaty :)

Frank

Suddenly my F&F magnum feel so inadequate for personal and home protection, and the reach of my .22 airrifle is just :(

Thank god my goverment can protect me better then the umbrella Corporation when the zombie apocalypse come along.

I don't think that helmet mounts on street motorcycles make for a good looking shot but as a motorcycle "dashcam" for my work commute I like that it shows where I'm looking. For the scenic rides I'll be mounting the camera or cameras to the bike.
My initial interest with the C3 was just as a dashcam to have my side of the story just in case something ever happened while riding to work, but the quality and versatility have made the possibilities much more than just a dashcam.
Here's what my commute usually consists of. You can see why a bit of protection isn't a bad idea.

Barbagris- the scope is a Nightforce 8-32x56 NXS, I think the C3 will most appeal to the action pistol and airsoft and paintball crowd along with the hunters that want to record their hunt. I tried recording regular target shooting a long time ago and you really couldn't see anything and what you could see was boring to watch.
I did get one good pic out of the experiment though.
You have to stop shooting at this range when the cows wander across in the afternoon unless you want to buy one.;)
Cow is about 700 yards away and target is 1000 yards as seen through a 8-32x56 NXS on top of my .50 cal

It's hard to beat a .50 cal if you want to reach out and touch someone before they know you're there:cool:

Thanks for another great video but what's with all the blue tint? Is this because it's a beta model you are testing?

I am wondering when some one will make a scope with build in HD recorder, i have a setup with a D1 cctv camera and a DVR + a IR light for when i go shooting in darkness.

It do make my airrifle and the 8-25 x 56 a lot more bulky, so i have been thinking on getting a pair of video goggles so i can be without the screen on the DVR and allso add a second camera to the goggles to get a poor mans NVG.

Shooting my airrifle at distance must be like shoting the .50 ( witch i woould give my left nutt to try )
100 M with a side Wind and all kind compensation is needed on the airrifle.
Below 50 M i pour pellet after pellet thru the same hole.
This is on low power setting, thats why the pellet dont go the sam way every time, but i only do pest control on low power to not get in truble with pleelts hitting too hard after it passed thru a rat.

Have allso tried a G1W, but then aiming is too wierd as the screen is too far back, allso the cmos in it is not as sensetive as in the cctv camera i use now.
_DSC0014_big_thumb.JPG

Thanks for another great video but what's with all the blue tint? Is this because it's a beta model you are testing?
The blue tint is a combination of a San Francisco summer morning, overcast and gloomy, saturation set to high and messing with the exposure value. Just experimenting with the different setting to see what happens o_O

kamkar1- neat setup, if you ever make it out the the San Francisco bay area there is a .50 fun shoot twice a year and most of us will let someone new take a shot or two on our .50's, no left nut needed :D

I am wondering when some one will make a scope with build in HD recorder.
There have been one or two attempts - commercial failures. The optical splitter necessary generally screws optical clarity. RusOptical is a bit more advanced using splitters - maybe I can convince them to build a CMOS in.

Interesting gun. Looks like a biathlon action - but the stock is very reminiscent of a Daystate.

Some piccies of my oddities - if you're interested. https://app.box.com/s/nvrh16mzvp4pdds0g0hu
A few of those I've made myself.

Last edited:
It's hard to beat a .50 cal if you want to reach out and touch someone before they know you're there:cool:
.338LapMag or Cheytac .408 will give em a run for their money under 1800yards. But at 2000M - a .50 or 20mm. I had an invite to a Czech Army test range - owned by a 20mm canon mfr.

There have been one or two attempts - commercial failures. The optical splitter necessary generally screws optical clarity. RusOptical is a bit more advanced using splitters - maybe I can convince them to build a CMOS in.

Interesting gun. Looks like a biathlon action - but the stock is very reminiscent of a Daystate.

Some piccies of my oddities - if you're interested. https://app.box.com/s/nvrh16mzvp4pdds0g0hu
A few of those I've made myself.

I have done the photos, very impressive,
As in China, only police and army can have gun/arms, It is very rare chance to touch a gun.
I once paid much money to have ten shots in my life, the feeling was gun is heavy, and not easy to get target.

I am still interested,
  1. You built gun by yourself?
  2. Seems like you live in Spain, where is free to own gun like US?

Back