Innovv C3 with Remote Lens. With exchangable Wide and Narrow FOV lens

27fps seems a bit of a weird number - I've just checked some footage I have here from the Mobius and I'm getting 30fps though (ie 30x the e key in VLC is a second or 30x the n key in RV) - is that where you're seeing 27fps?

I wonder if maybe the night footage is slowed down to keep the exposure longer for each frame and to make it slightly brighter?
I think 27Fps comes from AVS Video editor each frame "jump" setting. Maybe it is not fully set to correct value. So if compare to 0803, Panorama and Mobius tests where I got same value, I can assume that AVS frame "jump" value is slightly incorrect. ( about 10% ). I will see if there any advanced settings in AVS to correct it. However regarding C3 it is strange having 15 double frames per sec. No other ideas than what @Isoprop proposed, or some firmware related thing ? ( not sure )

Firmware update has corrected duplicate frames in 1080p mode :)
I'm on call for the holiday so I'll do some better videos later but here is a quick spin around the neighborhood with the bouncy helmet mount o_O
Compare it to the older helmet mount videos on my channel and you'll see the difference. They are working on fine tuning the FW for all of the other settings now for the best picture possible.

I can confirm what @willy510 said earlier. With new FW "double-frame" issue was resolved. Now C3 records TRUE 30Fps.

Fair play to @RockThinking. He gave me a new FW within 10h after issue reported. Lightning Fast !!!

I did quick short test of new FW. Also in a hurry I have mounted rear windows sunshades, so camera angle accidentally moved a little bit ( dont pay attention on this ).

25sec ( 38MB ) RAW / ORIGINAL Video file download link: HERE

The only thing I realized is bit-rate went from 15Mbps to 12Mbps, but I guess this can / will be corrected with the next firmware.

Video Data.jpg

Last edited:
Firmware update has corrected duplicate frames in 1080p mode :)
I'm on call for the holiday so I'll do some better videos later but here is a quick spin around the neighborhood with the bouncy helmet mount o_O
Compare it to the older helmet mount videos on my channel and you'll see the difference. They are working on fine tuning the FW for all of the other settings now for the best picture possible.

You are lucky to have a nice weather over there.
Look what we have here usually :(

Some footage and screenshots of C£ as Rear camera from Highway ( Cloudy Day )

Untitled-6.jpg

Untitled-7.jpg

Untitled-8.jpg

Untitled-9.jpg

Untitled-10.jpg

Well Niko, you cannot appreciate good weather if you never experience bad ;)

Frank

We have best of both here every day. Weather changes 4-5 times per day. You never know what to expect in next half an hour. Welcome to Ireland ! ;)

Here's some 720p @60fps footage from a friends kid that plays airsoft using the POV mount that comes with the camera

Here's screen grab you you can see that it is clearer than than Youtube make it out to be
720p screen grab

Drawback of sedan car, or any other car without rear windscreen wipers in a rainy day you can see from video below.
I have not used RainX rain-repellent for few month ( forgot ), so for my car for sure the rear windows must be treated with it in order to get more clear video recording in rainy day.
Of course advantage in rainy day for rear dashcamera have those cars which has rear wipers, ( hatchback, SUV, etc. )

I have been looking at this camera with interest for a while now as I think the design is really almost perfect with the lens separate from the DVR like that. Be even better if you could connect both lenses at once, 120 up front and the 90 out the back! My single biggest desire for this camera would be for it to not have a battery and only have a good size cap in place of the battery. I'd prefer that in any camera really.

My second desire (again for any camera) is that there be a button for on demand audio recording. I have no need to record audio all the time and have my dash cam set to not record audio, but if I could only record audio when I wanted to that would be great. I'd like to record the audio if I'm pulled over by the police for instance, or maybe after a wreck I'd like to have it on, otherwise why waste the space. I'd prefer all the space possible go to getting the best video quality at the highest bitrate over getting audio all the time.

My current camera cost me only $30 US, and it has a battery and it has survived just fine for half a year now but for $30 even I'm amazed it's still working lol. Also, I've not been pulled over by the police for 17 years now, but in my mind the audio recording thing would be nice! I have a newer Abarth and figure it's just a matter of time before I ruin my streak of not having the pleasure of talking to a nice cop....

Razer i dont think the C3 will come with both lenses, to my knowlege 1 or the other will have to be choosen when ordering.
Allso there seem to be 2 versions, one with battery for POV / action cam use, and one with caps for dashcam use.

But you are right i would like a central recording unit and 2 or more small cameras offset from that, i however think i would put the 90 deg in front and the 120 in the rear.

In contrast to my previous rainy, cloudy video, below are few footages of nice sunny day.

This camera would be ideal with 2 cameras for motorcycle. Especially ones with limited install space like my Ducati. I'm not even sure where I will put the unit. I know where the cameras will go, and they shouldn't really be noticeable.

Yeah, I know that this one will do dual lenses, but I'm hoping that maybe there will be a next gen product that does it someday!

I did not know there would be a cap version, thanks for that info as I did not see any mention of that in the specs a while back anyway. I do see the cap listed in the specs now but I do not see a way to specify you want a cap version if you preorder currently anyway. I assume that will be figured out when live ordering goes up. My last desire would be for a US seller of these so if I had an issue I would not have to fork over the $50 roughly to ship it back. I don't care and am willing to take a chance on cheaper dashcams but not once I hit $100 or so.

Maybe there will be some bundle specials on the cameras, I'd consider buying two for front and rear if the price was right! :)

Tried out a new mounting location with a medium length Ram arm attached to the headlight mount.
Got rid of most of the jello effect but my Griso does vibrate a bit especially under acceleration, probably would be less if I ever got around to doing a tune up and balance. Good results but I'll try the shorter Ram arm next time.

Also if you were wanting a longer cable for your lens, I bought a couple of mini HDMI extension cables and was able to extend the lens cable length to 3.9 meters or just under 13 feet with no negative effect to video in the tests I did today. I don't know if that's the limit for extension, it's just the length that I bought. :)

Tried out a new mounting location with a medium length Ram arm attached to the headlight mount.
Got rid of most of the jello effect but my Griso does vibrate a bit especially under acceleration, probably would be less if I ever got around to doing a tune up and balance.
Can you get a 22mm rubber cushioned P clip? - Just use the headlamp bolt.

Griso : Lighten the Clutch/flywheel. You'll see why!.

Also if you were wanting a longer cable for your lens, I bought a couple of mini HDMI extension cables and was able to extend the lens cable length to 3.9 meters or just under 13 feet with no negative effect to video in the tests I did today. I don't know if that's the limit for extension, it's just the length that I bought. :)
That's excellent news - recorder location sorted. - Top case. Link to cable spec's?

Razer i dont think the C3 will come with both lenses, to my knowlege 1 or the other will have to be choosen when ordering.
The lenses are also sold independently - so you can order a C3 with 120 lens and a 90 lens as well.

Got rid of most of the jello effect but my Griso does vibrate a bit especially under acceleration, probably would be less if I ever got around to doing a tune up and balance. Good results but I'll try the shorter Ram arm next time.

looks good

Back