Innovv C3 with Remote Lens. With exchangable Wide and Narrow FOV lens

California baby. (probably) The only state in US that allows lane splitting.

Nice video quality! I also noticed that the cars left space enough for a MC to pass. Over here they often try to block you from passing.

Have you mounted the camera "head unit" so that it is protected from rain?

Nice video quality! I also noticed that the cars left space enough for a MC to pass. Over here they often try to block you from passing.

Have you mounted the camera "head unit" so that it is protected from rain?

Some cars make space for you if they see you but California is the only state that lane splitting or sharing is legal so people are used to it here.

I haven't mounted the head unit yet since I'm still moving it around between bikes and other stuff but when I get my production cameras they will be mounted under the seat on my bikes. I haven't sorted out the particulars yet but you don't need much space for it.

Here are a couple of pics to show the different field of view of each lens.
Lenses are mounted in roughly the same location on each side of the headlight and both recording units have the same settings.
Yes I know that my time stamps don't match exactly, I wasn't paying that much attention when I set them o_O

90 degree lens

120 degree lens

90 degree lens

120 degree lens

"willy510

Bonus points if can spot the dog on the motorcycle ;)"

Dog plus Helmet Camera spotted :-)!

MC-dog.jpg

I Like the look of the 90 degree lens, wish i had a set of different lenses to try out on my cameras.

Though i must admit that today i did capture a insident at the very edge of what my Lukas camera capture, but still i would prefer a more narrow FOV than what my lukas have.

I do like the look of the 90, but I would greatly prefer the 120 up front as I want to try to capture the entire view that I could see. I want to see the guy approaching the intersection and not stopping or whatever. The 90 in the back though would be amazing as I usually only care about what happens directly behind me so the 90 would be great there.

Thats the problem i think, wanting to capture as much as the human eye do, or rather all the human brain capture / make up / extrapolate, in real life the human eye only see / focus on a small area ringh in front of us.
So we put our trust in winde angle lenses who distort the view so that things appar to be further avay, and allso give the fish eye effect to some degree.

I think i am slowly beeing turned off by the wide angle lenses, so i hope in the future there will be replacement lenses for dash / action cameras.
There allready is for the action camras, so i trust it will end up the same with dashcams as they get more popular.

Its damm sweet innovv is allready taking the first baby steps in what i feel is the right direction :)

Holy carp willy, allmost blew me off my officechair in front of the computer :D looks okay though, just need a Little slower playback i think.

From below you can see where @willy510 mounts C3 on his big toy.

INNOVV C3 on motorycle-mounts-960.jpg

Other work from @willy510, he said it was made by himself at home.
I really like the design, very impressive.

BTW,
Thanks for people who has shown extraordinary patience with us.
After over one month waiting, now C3 can be delivered on this weekend.

INNOVV C3 flag-01.jpg

BAM. thats innovv C3 right there :)

Innovv C3, see you later.
When i sit at home in front of my computer reviewing my footage :D

My jello fear for on bike mounting is put to shame, at least when it come to smooth running motorcycles :)

So far, I'm bleeping impressed by the C3. Can't wait to get my hands on one! :)
Me too mate - I've already got plans to have one of these on the pram as a pram action cam :D

Me too mate - I've already got plans to have one of these on the pram as a pram action cam :D

I don't know if you're serious, mate, but that is a great idea. Could get some really interesting video with that.

Not for long term use but I would use it here and there as I'm getting as much dodgy footage of her when she's young so she can be embarrassed when she's 21 - kind of like a long term Vine :)

Back