Innovv C3 with Remote Lens. With exchangable Wide and Narrow FOV lens

Can you get a 22mm rubber cushioned P clip? - Just use the headlamp bolt.

Griso : Lighten the Clutch/flywheel. You'll see why!.

That's excellent news - recorder location sorted. - Top case. Link to cable spec's?

The P clip wont work where the mount point is since I have a small fairing so I'm just using the Ram mounts until I stop moving the camera around doing all the testing. I'll probably use one for the rear camera when I do the final mounting and a shorter Ram arm in the front with a lock nut. The longer arm has always been more vibration prone but I couldn't find my shorter Ram arm when I was putting the mount on the other day, probably because it was right in front of me o_O

I have a lightened flywheel and a 1/4 turn throttle in my '96 Sport and that bike is angry :mad:
Until the Griso's clutch goes out and I can justify doing the flywheel I just have to live with the Sport and my '14 Tuono V4 for my hooligan tendencies :)

Link to where I bought the mini HDMI C extension cables
http://www.usbfirewire.com/hdmi_mini_extension_cable.html

Last edited:
Now it truly looks action sports ready! Again, hope to get on hand for one before winter comes!

I was fearing more jello effect on the on bike Mount footage, but the C3 seem to do pretty good considering :)

I tried a moto guzzi le mans once, wayyy back in the 80ties.
Was pretty radical when you are a teen and the only thing you have driven before is illigal mopeds and a fjew trips on dirtbikes.

I wouldent mind having a go at a real racer on a track, but be advised i will most likely go for it untill me and the bike are sliding along the ground. ( rental needed for non licenced wannabe biker )

And i once pushed life into a Yamaha FJ1200 Ex cop bike going for aution with the ferry i worked on, proberly the 1 time where i moved 100 M the fastest :)
Had to restrain myself as it was fall - night and on a small area in the habour and i had no helmet,,,, and no licence to drive a contraption like that :D

I did small DIY to rotatable bracket / holder and for demo purpose mounted in my car.
There are few ways to mount. One is on the mirror arm base, - this will allow to rotate around 360 degree, but because of rearview mirror, you will not be able to record in-car action, however side action ( left- or right ) can be recorded.
Also can mount near mirror arm base, but in this case can rotate only to left or right.
And final place where to mount as front dashcam is below the rearview mirror mirror arm the way that if turning camera mount 180 degree, you can record in-car action ( good for taxi drivers for example ).
Of course about mounting position its all depends on your car rearview arm type.

P.S. C3 camera cable ( and other cables ) in my car are not hidden. It was just a quick installation for demo purpose.

Innovv C3 Mounted inCar (1).jpg

Innovv C3 Mounted inCar (2).jpg

Innovv C3 Mounted inCar (3).jpg

Innovv C3 Mounted inCar (4).jpg

Some night time C3 motorcycle video with the short Ram arm mount. Seemed to lessen the vibration to camera.
Ignore the clicking noises, I forgot to zip the inner pouch in my tank bag as stuff was rattling around with the camerao_O

And no street lights just my headlight.

Thanks for the info - I have one of those headlamps sat waiting for me at my parents in the UK - Good aren't they!.

Some daytime video with the latest firmware

Just to add about latest firmware I asked Rock to do what was done within 24h ( again quick reaction by Rock team, well done ! )

- 15Mbps bit-rate ( previous FW, with corrected trued 30Fps was 12Mbps )
- automatic deletion of .exe firmware upgrade file after firmware is updated.

Night footage was also improved, but its yet need to be tested.

Good to know that Rock has the issue taken care of in such a timely fashion. Great work!

Another question, I noticed from willy's day video that the image looks a little bit blue-ish. Is that something normal? Is the white balance adjustable? I kind of wonder if I bring C3 with me to an open ski resort, on a sunny day, I probably wish it can accurately reproduce the white snow instead of blue everything.

Just to add about latest firmware I asked Rock to do what was done within 24h ( again quick reaction by Rock team, well done ! .
Amazing really.

Good to know that Rock has the issue taken care of in such a timely fashion. Great work!

Another question, I noticed from willy's day video that the image looks a little bit blue-ish. Is that something normal? Is the white balance adjustable? I kind of wonder if I bring C3 with me to an open ski resort, on a sunny day, I probably wish it can accurately reproduce the white snow instead of blue everything.

INNOVV-series has slightly more contrast colours than for example Mobius or Dimika, thats why you see too much blue.

You may see this from my test. I thin its down to firmware colour settings.

Day, Park: Innovv C1 vs C2 vs Dimika vs Mobius B-lens

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope that the car window mounts come with black sticky tape and not the grey I've seen so far in photos. That is minor for sure, but a nice small discrete lens stands out horribly with a bright grey mount. I'd actually rather use a suction cup than a grey colored mount personally.

Also, is there a expected release date yet, and specifically for the cap model?

I really hope that the car window mounts come with black sticky tape and not the grey I've seen so far in photos. That is minor for sure, but a nice small discrete lens stands out horribly with a bright grey mount. I'd actually rather use a suction cup than a grey colored mount personally.

Also, is there a expected release date yet, and specifically for the cap model?

Do you mean the gray mount from above Niko's post?
That is his DIY mount, the gray plate made by himself, and this mount get lens turn around 180 degree. It is easy and smart.
From the packaging box, you can have other small 3M mount.

Yes, people keep asking when is the release date, it should be ready around 9/20.

After first battery version released, we will work on cap version.

Keep updated on C3.
One of big challenges on development for C3 is cable.
If C3 is only used as Dashcam, the cable is fixed in car without movement, the simple HDMI cable is good enough, and The C3 should be released 3 weeks ago.
But it is not,
We need C3 is versatile, it would be a good motorcycle camera, helmet camera, head wear camera, gun camera, we need very high quality HDMI cable, no video freezing when cable bent or vibration, @niko and @willy510 have been working with us very closely to do test again and again, unfortunately, the most suppliers could not pass our critical testing.
We have spent a lot of time on that, the release date get delayed again and again, and under pressure for how soon we can get C3 to be ready, but I do not think we can give up the quality standard.

if you need help with finding the right HDMI cables let me know

That will be good, jokiin, please share me your knowledge and contact.

After many times sample making and education, now one of suppliers can make a good quality cable, but still need the close supervising.

We need the cable OD is 5mm, thinner than standard ones, also the wires inside of cable need to be very good quality.

Thank you for help!

Has all the trouble been in the cables wiring itself, or is any of it connection related? For it to be true outdoors ready a solid connection is a must; maybe something like a locking waterproof HDMI connection would help in the robustness? I know that type of connection exists, like the link below. Scroll down a bit on the link and you'll see the idea anyway.

http://www.wealleys.com/Products_a.asp?pro_id=131

You have to keep the camera itself dry and secure I assume as it is not waterproof, but this would make for a very solid connection. If it is a wiring only problem then that would result in a lot of trial and error I can imagine for the type of cable you would need. Thin wire is very good for use as action cam, but bad for reliability over a long term with all the flexing the cable will be expected to do over it's lifespan. It would stink to have to replace the whole lens because of a bad cable so maybe the locking connections on both lens side and dvr side so the cable only can be replaced as needed thus giving the end user a cheaper cost for replacement?

Has all the trouble been in the cables wiring itself, or is any of it connection related? For it to be true outdoors ready a solid connection is a must; maybe something like a locking waterproof HDMI connection would help in the robustness? I know that type of connection exists, like the link below. Scroll down a bit on the link and you'll see the idea anyway.

http://www.wealleys.com/Products_a.asp?pro_id=131

You have to keep the camera itself dry and secure I assume as it is not waterproof, but this would make for a very solid connection. If it is a wiring only problem then that would result in a lot of trial and error I can imagine for the type of cable you would need. Thin wire is very good for use as action cam, but bad for reliability over a long term with all the flexing the cable will be expected to do over it's lifespan. It would stink to have to replace the whole lens because of a bad cable so maybe the locking connections on both lens side and dvr side so the cable only can be replaced as needed thus giving the end user a cheaper cost for replacement?

I can say that it is NOT the HDMI connection. I have abused the connection quite a bit, hanging the unit by the connection, leaving the recoding unit loose in my tank and tail bags to bounce around and coiling it up and shoving it in my pockets, and it has not failed while recording. Early cables that didn't meet quality standards were the only failures.

Some daytime video with the latest firmware
Nice video quality! I also noticed that the cars left space enough for a MC to pass. Over here they often try to block you from passing.

Have you mounted the camera "head unit" so that it is protected from rain?

Back