Introducing QVIA Z970 Zoom!

I've been reading about this camera and wondering - how easy (and fast) is it to get to the zoom button on a typical "behind the mirror" camera mount? Say someone does a hit and run on you - can you get to the zoom button fast enough to zoom in for a license plate shot? Also, it might be a little distracting trying to work the zoom feature while your driving.
It would be better, IMO, if there was a remote button (wired/connected to camera is okay, but wireless better) so that you could have it sitting on the seat or center console next to you, and control the zoom with a rocker or in/out button.

I think its for the most ment to do the zoom thing automatic judging by speed, the manuall zoom i recon Lukas advise you dont work it while driving.

Anyway it is allso just a 3X zoom, so its not a lot you can zoom in, and when you zoom in you loose stuff at the side due to the then lesser FOV.
Thats why i still would prefer a second camera with a fixed "zoom" lens like the 8 mm i am trying out in my windscreen at the moment.

Now if a camera was able to Pan Tilt and Zoom on its own and do so on licenceplates and then store those, now that would be extremelig cool.
I know high end CCTV cameras can do so on moving things, but then we are allso in a whole pther price bracket and camera size too.

Does this camera come with the GPS built in or do you have to purchase an additional module? Thanks, Ed

which is your favorite zooming setting AF+ or AF- ? I tried both and still don't know which one I prefer. I like AF+ for the wide angle when I'm parked at red light but I like AF- also for zooming in when I slow down.

Back