Is there a way to turn off the start-up sound?

RAJones

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I just installed my A119s last weekend and so far I'm quite happy with it. Except for the start-up sound.

It must be hitting a frequency my ear drums find particularly annoying, because it just sounds like a high pitched squeal. Even the guy who changed my oil yesterday commented on it.

Maybe I got a dud for an internal speaker. Maybe it's just me and my extra sensitive ear drums. I don't know.

If it's in the menu and I just missed, accept my apologies and please point me to the correct setting.

Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide.

(If I can't turn it off via the menu, then I'll just open it up and snip the wires to the speaker. I'd rather not do that as that will kill all sound, but I'll do it if it's my only option and won't affect any thing else in the device. Any assistance/thoughts/comments on doing that would be appreciated, as well.)

try turning beeps off in the menu, that is often linked to startup sounds also

Yes! Thank you.

I swear that option wasn't there before. Maybe because I updated the firmware this morning it now shows up. Now under Beep Sounds there is an option for "Button Beep Only". Which allows me to shut off the start up sound.

Back