Is this really a A118C/B40C?

So I took it out for a quick spin. Settings are at -2/3... *warning* this video is horrendous in quality it does not even show any cars as everything is completely black.
I have HDR on, WDR on and EV -2/3.
I am thinking of doing the following instead
HDR off, WDR on and EV +2/3

Password for video is b40

So I took it out for a quick spin. Settings are at -2/3... *warning* this video is horrendous in quality it does not even show any cars as everything is completely black.
I have HDR on, WDR on and EV -2/3....
try EV at 0
+1. Low light performance of this camera is OK at best. A -2/3 EV pretty much makes it useless.

Here's some night video from mine

Yes the date is correct. This is footage from my original battery based a118, from before the capacitor version even existed. Same image sensor and processor, same optics as well.

Ok so here is another video with EV at 0.... I dont think this is consistent with other camera footage I have seen.

Password is b40

looks a bit dark, you might find it a bit better if you aim it down a bit

can you post some pics of the camera, there's another version of this one getting around and it may be using a different lens

Here are pics of the camera, I haven't taken it apart yet. Would it help if i took it apart?

JVXWWTc.jpg

BJGJdM5.jpg

vdWWoov.jpg

Also here is another sample video with more of my hood showing.

Password again is b40

I must say I really appreciate the timely response, I wish the CAD wasn't so bad otherwise i would have avoided this headache and purchased a damn street guardian haha. I love the way this looks in my truck (even though its dangling to the cigarette port). I will take more sample videos tomorrow with the same settings (EV=0)

Alright so now I have another problem that I can't seem to find the answer to.

I recently installed a hardwire kit and did everything correct (to my knowledge.) I used a 3 amp mini fuse in an add a circuit. I placed it in an empty slot for my fuse box. After placing it in the first slot, I noticed the unit powered immediately so I unplugged it and attempted a second empty slot. The unit didn't receive power so I left it there and turned the ignition. I then noticed it received power.

Now you might be wondering why I included all that detail. It's because i'm worried I might have fried the camera somehow. The unit still records as i notice the power button comes on then the recording indicator blinks red. All of the lights are completely functional and the camera still records cause I drove with it and checked the SD and there were video files. I just don't have a screen anymore.

Now here is another weird thing. I just plugged the camera into my computer (no sd) and now the screen is functional..... It said something about mass storage or camera. I unplugged it from my comp and ran to my car to test it and the screen still doesn't work. Nor is it working after re-plugging it into my camera.

Is there something I need to reattach or reset or re format??

Ok so while browsing the internet and watching my camera screen, I noticed it is VERY slowly turning on .... i dont think this is normal haha

very slow. Here's a pic and also, I took it apart so you guys can let me know what the hell i'm dealing with hahaIMAG0746.jpg IMAG0743.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0744.jpg
    IMAG0744.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMAG0745.jpg
    IMAG0745.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 15
12 seconds is how long mine takes to boot from power off to recording started. But my screen comes on after about 8 seconds or so.

You can try it inside using a phone charger or USB power bank to try and eliminate your hardwire kit as the problem. Could just be a faulty kit.

Back