Issues playing footage from nextbase 412gw

Richard88

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I downloaded 4 min piece of footage via WiFi onto my smartphone. I went for high resolution instead of low. I then played it and the first 20seconds was fine but then the pause sign kept coming on/off and the footage kept stuttering to play. I then downloaded the footage again but this time in low res and that played fine. So anyone know what to do to have the high res play normally. Thanks

Have tried that now and works fine so I think the issues with the smart phone, thanks!

I would think that's one of the primary reasons for having those low res files there in the first place, to get around problems like this, you see a few people complaining about the low res files because they feel they don't need them but for the 10% of space they take up on the card I think it's a worthwhile tradeoff

I would think that's one of the primary reasons for having those low res files there in the first place, to get around problems like this, you see a few people complaining about the low res files because they feel they don't need them but for the 10% of space they take up on the card I think it's a worthwhile tradeoff
I'm certainly glad it gives you the option of high or low res. I think the low res should work OK if its a clear light day but need to test this out when we next get a decent clear day!

I'm certainly glad it gives you the option of high or low res. I think the low res should work OK if its a clear light day but need to test this out when we next get a decent clear day!

the low res files are intended just for mobile viewing on the go, perfectly fine for that, on a large monitor you'd always want to be looking at the high res versions

Cool, I'm new to this game so will do. Thanks.

JOKIIN? you seem to know your way round a dash cam, Ive just posted this thread and just spotted you so heres a copy of it, can you throw any light on the situation, Im using top gear Phone, PC etc and for me I don't understand why their software is not converting it to MP4 as its downloading to phone, Im stuck with hundreds of files that are MOV!. (quick time) now I'm a TOP film collector and have thousands and view them on Plex, no one EVER has uploaded a film thats a MOV file on any of the torrent sites in 20 YEARS!!! heres whats on the Post. Thx for lookin x
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've just purchased the Nextbase 412GW and I have a problem its not the card its not the PC its the dam files! They are MOV (quick time) so they wont share on whatsapp or messenger and need that player installing on your PC or use VLC. ive used a samsung S6 and a S9 Plus and still the same!! Ive shortened them and no good.. I have converted a file on my PC to MP4 using DVD FAB and it plays ok then but I need access using the phone...You I cant even find the files IN THE PHONE that are downloaded as the phones are not recognizing the MOV file type..For gods sake why are they not MP4?? ive raised a ticket with them and if there's no way round it its going back as its not fit for purpose..as any one any ideas?

the low res files are intended just for mobile viewing on the go, perfectly fine for that, on a large monitor you'd always want to be looking at the high res versions

JOKIIN? you seem to know your way round a dash cam, Ive just posted this thread and just spotted you so heres a copy of it, can you throw any light on the situation, Im using top gear Phone, PC etc and for me I don't understand why their software is not converting it to MP4 as its downloading to phone, Im stuck with hundreds of files that are MOV!. (quick time) now I'm a TOP film collector and have thousands and view them on Plex, no one EVER has uploaded a film thats a MOV file on any of the torrent sites in 20 YEARS!!! heres whats on the Post. Thx for lookin x
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've just purchased the Nextbase 412GW and I have a problem its not the card its not the PC its the dam files! They are MOV (quick time) so they wont share on whatsapp or messenger and need that player installing on your PC or use VLC. ive used a samsung S6 and a S9 Plus and still the same!! Ive shortened them and no good.. I have converted a file on my PC to MP4 using DVD FAB and it plays ok then but I need access using the phone...You I cant even find the files IN THE PHONE that are downloaded as the phones are not recognizing the MOV file type..For gods sake why are they not MP4?? ive raised a ticket with them and if there's no way round it its going back as its not fit for purpose..as any one any ideas?

I replied to one of your other posts already, still not clear exactly what the issue is you're having, can you elaborate?

I replied to one of your other posts already, still not clear exactly what the issue is you're having, can you elaborate?
Hi..thx for replying, its the file type they are using MOV (quick time).. has no one tried sending a file by whats app or messenger?, they wont send..it will share to their server and they send you a link so you can send to insurers, surley they should be MP4?
Ive spent hours on this using. Ive just tried it on my sons iphone and is working correctly, this seems to be a android problem probably with the app as we tried it on S6 and S9 and files not working. thx

I wouldn't think you could send the file via whats app or messenger due to file size, most recordings would be way too big

Back