Issues with 0906 & fixes if any- Collective Thread

I take the camera out of the car and plug it in to my computer to view the recorded loops. The coordinates for 3 separate locations are all off the same distance, and the same direction. I'm hoping it can be resolved, but for me, I'm not overly worried about the GPS. For what it's worth, I've tried this with & without the rear camera attached. I do have the latest firmware as well.

I take the camera out of the car and plug it in to my computer to view the recorded loops. The coordinates for 3 separate locations are all off the same distance, and the same direction. I'm hoping it can be resolved, but for me, I'm not overly worried about the GPS. For what it's worth, I've tried this with & without the rear camera attached. I do have the latest firmware as well.

If you are just reading off the GPS coordinates on the video, the way they are displayed are tricky. Try to use the rdcam: http://www.rdcam.com/ver/rdCAMPlayerV1.1.1.zip to view, see if the route it shows is correct.

Great idea for a thread.

Cam Owned from: March 2018. I'm using a Samsung EvoPlus 128gb card with it.

Issues with Cam 1: Interference with DAB radio from rear camera cable

Solution: After installing the mini rear camera, I lost all of my DAB radio channels. I have managed to get these back by wrapping the part of the rear camera cable which runs along the rear screen with conductive tape and then adding several ferrite clip-ons (7mm). Very occasionally a station might drop out but overall the signals are pretty stable.

Issue with Cam 2: Adhesive strip peels off in hot weather

Solution: I have come back to my car on a few times and found that camera has come of the screen and hanging off only the power cable. I don't have a solution for this yet but have read threads where people have recommended alternative/stronger 3M adhesive strips. I'll be looking into ordering them.

Issue with Cam 3: Random camera reset. This is a common issue reported by others. Thankfully I have 'only' had 3 instances. On one occasion it got stuck in boot mode so I had to reload firmware.

Given the silence from the manufacturer, it's likely the random resetting is a hardware issue. The frustrating part is having to then re-setup the camera with your preferred settings. The manufacturer should add a backup user settings file so if it resets it boots up with your

Solution: The only suggestion I have is to set the display screen timeout to 15 or 30 seconds. That way whenever you notice the display remains on, you'll know the camera has reset and requires you to add your settings again.

Issue with Cam 4: Whilst connected to the hard wire kit, the camera switches off/on when car's engine auto stops and then starts when driving. I don’t believe this has been widely reported so may just be an issue for me or BMWs in general.

Solution: I wasn't keen to pay the person who installed the hard wire kit to open up the car again and I also didn't want to disable my car's engine stop start to avoid wasting fuel when stuck in traffic. I instead added the lighter socket connection and just alternate between it and the hard wire kit. When I drive, I use the lighter socket so the camera remains unaffected when the engine switches off/on. If I want to use the parking mode, I connect it to hard wire connection instead.

Issues with Cam: 5: The supplied CPL Filter is too small. It obscures a corner of the camera lens when recording. Some may be able to live with it but I found it irritating and don't use it anymore.

Solution: I may try making my own as there are threads on this forum with using 3D glasses lens. However, it really shouldn't require consumers to do this. I'm surprised the manufacturer has yet to release a larger lens as it shouldn't be that difficult.

Summary: the mini 0906 still represents a good value dual dash camera and despite the issues mentioned above I'm still happy with it. I would like to use it for 6-12 months and then update on its reliability.

Had my third reset some time recently. It's hard to tell as I can't see the screen where it's mounted. So unless a passenger spots it or I'm driving at night and see the glow from it it's hard to tell.

This is quite annoying as there seems to be no pattern I can see leading to each reset when I've checked the footage and logs.

Hopefully we'll hear something from the makers about it before too long. It's a shame as my first Mini product will also be my last. Hopefully the new SG DR unit will prove more stable

Cam owned from: April 2018

Had my third reset in 3 weeks today. I notice it right away because I always turn the button sounds off and boot sound. After a random reset the boot sound is there again.

The logs look like the cam isn't shutting down correctly, the logs end abruptly. I suspect its the internal battery's fault, I may also didn't have it on a long time to let it recharge. Turning the cam off manually should work instead of cutting the power by turning the car off.

I also encourage the firmware development team to implement reading a settings file from the sdcard to avoid the inconveniences of typing in all the settings over and over.

Got in my car today and went in to town. on getting back in to come back the thing went in to a boot loop. Need to get it out and have a looksie but this thing isn't going to be used for any longer than I need to. Half tempted to put the old mobious back in. Never had an issue with that in 3 years.

Got in my car today and went in to town. on getting back in to come back the thing went in to a boot loop. Need to get it out and have a looksie but this thing isn't going to be used for any longer than I need to. Half tempted to put the old mobious back in. Never had an issue with that in 3 years.

I had this issue and reloaded the latest firmware which resolved it.

I had this issue and reloaded the latest firmware which resolved it.
Thanks I'll try that when I can get hold of a card reader again. Always forget to keep one in my laptop bag for some silly reason.

Quick update:
Got the firmware to reflash and hopeful it will behave for a bit longer. I'm using the nolog one to see if that helps at all.
Hopefully we'll get some useful help from the manufacturers again soon.

Last edited:
If you are just reading off the GPS coordinates on the video, the way they are displayed are tricky. Try to use the rdcam: http://www.rdcam.com/ver/rdCAMPlayerV1.1.1.zip to view, see if the route it shows is correct.

Thanks for the recommendation. Now that I'm back from vacation, I'll give that a shot.

edit: The RD Player did the trick. There is a setting in the menu that allows for GPS correction, and the map shows my correct route in the player.

Tatkeung, thank you for the valuable information!

Last edited:
My settings reset over the weekend, I noticed it happened while recording. Later I checked the card, and it's full. I am speculating if it triggers the settings reset, that the card is full and it needs to overwrite another file and there's a glitch in the firmware doing that. Just speculating... I reformatted the card, and see if it happened again when card approaching capacity...

So... my settings sticks on for a week, and I reformatted the card Sat morning, trying to test my theory. It reset within a couple hours I reformatted the car. :( So, my theory is proved wrong. It might just be random.

Camera freezing way too often.
Radiofrequency interference coming from rear camera.When is disconnected no interference.
Interfering with Am radio, car's remote keys and even with tire pressure sensors.

Huge buyer's remorse.
Never again any dashcam made in China.

Pure garbage

Latest firmware , by the way.

antenna system for those is probably alongside where you've routed the rear camera cables

Car remote and tire pressure monitors are not in that "antenna system".

what car is it?

2015 Lexus ES300H

And as I said with rear camera disconnected there is no issues.
Didn't check if it freezes without rear camera though.
But quiet often come in the morning and dashcam is unresponsive.

the freezing will be something else, the interference issue will be the rear camera cable running somewhere in the vicinity of the antenna systems for the affected devices, they are typically run in the pillars or the roof space on most cars and can easily be impacted by the camera cabling

I'm not asking WHY it doing it.
I know why and where it is.
My point is it shouldn't be doing it. This is half baked product that shouldn't be on market until everything is fixed.
I'm not going to let cables hanging like spagetti in the car.
Rear dash cam was mounted on top edge and small portion cable was routing in roof space and then down to the floor.

And it keeps freezing for no reason.

Garbage.

for the reseting problem, our engineer told the novatek write setting to flash when the system turn off. If the camera was not turn off properly the setting may not stored correctly so it will lose. At the same time, if the writing process accidentally changed flash sections which store firmware, the built firmware will be damaged then the camera will stop boot up.
Then we changed the setting writing logic in the latest Jul.04 firmware, let's check if it solved the reset problem.
www.mini0906.com/firmware/FIRMWARE_20180704.zip

Thanks for your patience and sorry for my "disappear"
Rayman

Back