Issues with 0906 & fixes if any- Collective Thread

As far as I'm concerned.. it appears that there are the same people setting up multiple ebay accounts to sell the same 0906 camera and won't stand by the product when someone like MedicalFlyer got a sample that overheats. The manufacturer of mini 0906 should take up the burden to have MedicalFlyer send in his defective device and be given a new one while the manufacturer gets his old one and see what's going on. A manufacturer shouldn't be keeping people's camera hostage for the sake of repairs. The manufacturers should have a samples that are fixed and ready to go out. I'm not liking how MedicalFlyer can't get support from the manufacturer. It's like Canon sell you a genuine camera.. and when the camera has issues, Canon contracts the vendor to receive the defective items..and if there are defective design boards out there, those should be withdrawn. This Mini 0906 just leaves a lot of bad after taste.

Can the vendors or the manufacturer help you out on this forum, especially when you have a bad copy? I suppose the manufacturer doesn't care.
I wouldn't say mine has issues with overheating. Mainly just the settings resetting that the manufacturers are aware of and have tried a fix (didn't work so fat).
Temperature isn't a concern for me. It got to about 35 degrees C here in the UK and didn't alter how the cam has been behaving.

For the most part it's at least recording even when it does revert to the default settings.
If the manufacturers can properly resolve the issue then great. If not it'll get donated to someone less fussy when the SG DR model comes along.

As far as I'm concerned.. it appears that there are the same people setting up multiple ebay accounts to sell the same 0906 camera and won't stand by the product when someone like MedicalFlyer got a sample that overheats. The manufacturer of mini 0906 should take up the burden to have MedicalFlyer send in his defective device and be given a new one while the manufacturer gets his old one and see what's going on. A manufacturer shouldn't be keeping people's camera hostage for the sake of repairs. The manufacturers should have a samples that are fixed and ready to go out. I'm not liking how MedicalFlyer can't get support from the manufacturer. It's like Canon sell you a genuine camera.. and when the camera has issues, Canon contracts the vendor to receive the defective items..and if there are defective design boards out there, those should be withdrawn. This Mini 0906 just leaves a lot of bad after taste.

I've never mentioned overheating as an issue so please don't use my name in this way.
You've filled this thread with a lot of posts reportedly based on issues I've had when I've said no such thing.
I'm capable of seeking support and fixing my own problems. These are the chances we take buying such things and I have been doing it for long enough to know the risks without having to shout about it.
I got the camera for a bargain price and I have problems yes. Am I outraged? No.
There are a number of users in the same situation and while little there has been some effort by the manufacturer to resolve it (there's always more going on behind the scenes)

I've never mentioned overheating as an issue so please don't use my name in this way.
You've filled this thread with a lot of posts reportedly based on issues I've had when I've said no such thing.
I'm capable of seeking support and fixing my own problems. These are the chances we take buying such things and I have been doing it for long enough to know the risks without having to shout about it.
I got the camera for a bargain price and I have problems yes. Am I outraged? No.
There are a number of users in the same situation and while little there has been some effort by the manufacturer to resolve it (there's always more going on behind the scenes)

MedicalFlyer, sorry about it, I mixed you up with other people.

In this thread on 8/30/2018 9:42 PM, I wrote:

On amazon, one person wrote 'This thing overheats like crazy, even in the middle of winter . This camera is useless if it's summer. I should have spent a little more a get more reliable dashcam .' To me, it seems the mini 0906 has an over heating issue ... "

I've read somewhere else that the overheating issue is a 1st gen 0609.

Vas62... do you have a fast sd card by chance? Maybe replace your sd card with one that's very fast, maybe get the samsung evo select direct from amazon? I noticed you say it freezes whenever you have two cameras. Also, I notice that Street Guardian comes with the samsung evo select cards per their review? Let me know if this fixes your issue.. I'm not sure if I should buy either mini 0906 nor the viofo 129. I don't think it's interference.. wait are you saying that your rear camera causes your digital radio to malfunction or your rear camera causes the digital radio to malfunction?

Sorry for late response.

Here is the card I have:
Samsung 128GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSD Evo Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME128GA/AM)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B06XWZWYVP
Used it from day one with this camera. It keeps freezing from time to time for unknown reason.

Rear camera cause AM stations interference. FM and satelite works ok.

I will definitely will be replacing this camera with something else.

This is a raw product that shouldn't be sold untill all is fixed.

I suspect it is because of dual cam edition.

I used to have 0806. Never had any problem unlike this one.

And it keeps interfering with my car keys remote unless I unplug rear camera. Just ridiculous.

Mini 0906 Conkim from Ebay- in audio is high frequency noise around 8k Hz. FM/DAB+ interference, keyless acces interference, sometime is problem with camera remote button - cant lock footage.... So far so good.

Issue with Cam 4: Whilst connected to the hard wire kit, the camera switches off/on when car's engine auto stops and then starts when driving.
I have the same problem, but my car doesnt have stop start.

Thank you all for this thread! I purchased a 0803 long long ago and had to do several DIY modifications to get it to work the way I needed. It's finally time for an upgrade and the Mini 0906 was listed on the "Best Dash Cams of 2018" and looked like a nice camera.
So very glad I checked up on it before ordering since it seems like it is following the tradition of the mini series. :(
Looks like it's time to look elsewhere.

The 0906 is different and better than the older "Mini" series cams. It's not a bad cam, however in the last year or so there have been several newer cams emerge which makes the 0906 not as good a choice as before. The historically slow pace of dashcam development has speeded up recently, that's all.

Phil

Just had my first camera freeze today. I heard it turn on when I started the car but soon after I noticed the red record led was constantly lit. I had to hold the power button for a few seconds to reset. All settings were as they were on restart except the microphone was reset to active where I keep it muted.

Remote controller has faulty contact to the battery - it can make short circuits on the battery! In effect the remote controller seems not working at all.

Details: I just bought my mini 0906. RC not working. Replaced battery with the new one. It didn't work as well, but I had a strange feeling that the battery has warmed so I've extracted the electronic board out of the case (fortunately there are screws and not glue or catches) and whoooaaa. RC without the case worked! Under close inspection I found the external battery contact as the culprit. It is too wide and it touches the plate (maybe leaning on it when battery is inserted thus making short circuit). I reshaped the contact. Additionally, because new battery was little bigger than original, and was really hard to extract from the RC, I made little indentation to make the battery replacement easier in the future. Of course I had to put second new battery as the previous "new one" was already heavily drained due to the short circuit (had only 2,2 V after those checkups).

Attachments

• remote controller - repaired.jpg
    remote controller - repaired.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 26
I am planning to create a thread where the users don't have to go through all the threads to study the issues they had with their Mini 0906 dash cams.
May be the Manufacturers can directly go through it and probably fix it if possible either in form of updates or any other means possible.
kindly follow the following format so that it can be easy to read and maintain uniformity.

Cam Owned From :
Issues With Cam (If any) :
Fixes (If Applied):

Thank you
I have a blue sky sea Mini 0906, installed in my 2017 Dodge Ram Sport special edition no problems. The only two issues on experiencing now is number one the GPS stop working or stop flashing after the first day second promise I'm just trying to figure out how to get to the sub menu to see if it's turned on. the seller has been somewhat helpful but as I previously stated the owner's manual that comes with these cameras are not worth the paper they're written on so any information would be helpful

I have a blue sky sea Mini 0906, installed in my 2017 Dodge Ram Sport special edition no problems. The only two issues on experiencing now is number one the GPS stop working or stop flashing after the first day second promise I'm just trying to figure out how to get to the sub menu to see if it's turned on. the seller has been somewhat helpful but as I previously stated the owner's manual that comes with these cameras are not worth the paper they're written on so any information would be helpful
Take a photo to show me the live screen of the mini0906. It should have a GPS icon on the screen!

Order: December 2018
Issues: TPMS, DAP radio interference - General issue is that rear camera connector is not shielded (it is made from plastic not grounded metal like USB)
Fixes: Covered the connector with aluminum foil, Manufacturer should just use USB connector or some other shielded connector. This is not acceptable in modern car.

Attachments

• connectorIssue.PNG
    connectorIssue.PNG
    64.2 KB · Views: 17
Cam Owned From : April 23 '18
Issues With Cam (If any) : GPS inaccurate
Fixes (If Applied): Awaiting response from Veckle (as of today)

Other than this problem, the camera has performed perfectly. Also, the Texas heat hasn't been an issue with the 3M sticky pads. I'll be ordering another unit for my wife's car.

The pads that came with mine did not hold and kept dropping the cam. I replaced the 3m pads with Velcro. Problem solved.

The pads that came with mine did not hold and kept dropping the cam. I replaced the 3m pads with Velcro. Problem solved.

I don't think these come with 3M mounting pads. Mine kept falling off no matter how well I cleaned the windshield first, how long I tried holding it in place (tried hours) or how long I waited before attaching the cam (tried weeks). Eventually I got it to stay on my car but nothing for my wife's car. Ended up buying some 3M VHB tape and cut it to size and it worked like a champ the first time.

Back