Issues with 0906 & fixes if any- Collective Thread

Cam Owned From : August 2018
Issues With Cam (If any) : Eventually it didn’t recognize some micro SD cards. Even 4 GB to 128 GB. Some of them becoming useless, one unable to delete.
Fixes (If Applied): None at all. Just discard mini SD cards. About six to date.
Installed on : 2018 Jeep Compass -> 2010 Honda CR-V -> 2011 Honda Accord

Last edited:
Cam Owned From : August 2018
Issues With Cam (If any) : Unable to edit driver’s number. It allows to overwrite it in the setup menu. It actually stamps the new number until I turn ignition off. As soon as I turn ignition on it just stamp the first license plate number it was installed on. In Peru you don’t keep your license plate. It is assigned permanently to your car for its lifetime. That’s why I need to edit it.
Fixes (If Applied): None at all. Even reseting cam. It didn’t change that info. Just discard “driver’s number stamp” option.
Installed on : 2018 Jeep Compass -> 2010 Honda CR-V -> 2011 Honda Accord

Last edited:
Cam Owned From : 2018
Issues With Cam (If any) :
For some time now, my camera has only been recording videos of 16 seconds, then about 30-45 seconds are missing and then 16 seconds are recorded again. The camera is always on, only the recording stops.
The card is OK and has been formatted, the camera settings are correct (3 min loop).
I suspect the power supply via the cigarette lighter is somehow defective, but I still have to check that. First I will test the camera with a different base and a fixed power supply and then report back. Or someone had the same problem and can offer me another solution?
Edit some time later: even with the external power supply (and spare mount for windscreen) it is not working proper. Video now is around 55 sec, than recording (picture) is frozen but timecounting continue to +- 1:06 min. After that a new loop with the same problems starts...

Back in the car with cigarette lighter power supply the old trouble is back. Only 16 sec of recording, than a break of around one minute, 16 sec of recording, than break ....
wtf is wrong?

Fixes: changing the Micro-SD Card to a new one fixes all trouble. Cam is working fine as it shoud be...

If you had some issues with recording - change the card. It will be better to do this in first step, after that you can do other troubleshooting....

Last edited:
Using the right Micro-SD card is critical. You may need to experiment with a few different varieties, but there are some meant for video cameras specifically. They are not created equally. I also find re-formatting the card once in a while can keep things running smoothly.

Back