Issues with 0906 & fixes if any- Collective Thread

My point is it shouldn't be doing it. This is half baked product that shouldn't be on market until everything is fixed.
You are right but thats just how it is, i cant recall anyone putting any camera near not least DAB antennas that haven't ruined it more or less.

Not that it is any help at all, but i am so glad i dont listen to radio, actually i dont even have the roof antenna mounted as i cant be bothered with taking it off every time i run my car thru the washing machine.
Maybe if i had some of those American channels, but i sure as hell are not going to listen to anything in my native tongue as that work like a red rag on me, and then come the "music" which are modern, and i dont do modern.

You are right but thats just how it is, i cant recall anyone putting any camera near not least DAB antennas that haven't ruined it more or less.

Not that it is any help at all, but i am so glad i dont listen to radio, actually i dont even have the roof antenna mounted as i cant be bothered with taking it off every time i run my car thru the washing machine.
Maybe if i had some of those American channels, but i sure as hell are not going to listen to anything in my native tongue as that work like a red rag on me, and then come the "music" which are modern, and i dont do modern.

How about using piece of good shielded cable instead of present one and connect shield to car's ground ( negative pole in power supply circuit).

Oh, and some little piece of foil inside back camera housing.

Vas62... do you have a fast sd card by chance? Maybe replace your sd card with one that's very fast, maybe get the samsung evo select direct from amazon? I noticed you say it freezes whenever you have two cameras. Also, I notice that Street Guardian comes with the samsung evo select cards per their review? Let me know if this fixes your issue.. I'm not sure if I should buy either mini 0906 nor the viofo 129. I don't think it's interference.. wait are you saying that your rear camera causes your digital radio to malfunction or your rear camera causes the digital radio to malfunction?

Cam owned from: April 2018

Had my third reset in 3 weeks today. I notice it right away because I always turn the button sounds off and boot sound. After a random reset the boot sound is there again.

The logs look like the cam isn't shutting down correctly, the logs end abruptly. I suspect its the internal battery's fault, I may also didn't have it on a long time to let it recharge. Turning the cam off manually should work instead of cutting the power by turning the car off.

I also encourage the firmware development team to implement reading a settings file from the sdcard to avoid the inconveniences of typing in all the settings over and over.

I thought this 0906 uses capacitor instead of a battery, so it shouldn't matter! Capacitor charges up almost instantaneously.

Is the Mini 0906 still resetting for people with the latest update? Also, for those with the reset issue, did someone ever try to use the other mount, the non GPS mount? It might be a contact issue or a slow SD card issue? Makes me nervous to buy this 0906 even if it's cheaper.

I thought this 0906 uses capacitor instead of a battery, so it shouldn't matter! Capacitor charges up almost instantaneously.

it does use capacitors, charge is not instant but will be much faster than a battery, depending on the state of charge of the capacitors it will be anything up to about 2 minutes to charge them, typically 30 seconds or so is all that's needed

Is the Mini 0906 still resetting for people with the latest update? Also, for those with the reset issue, did someone ever try to use the other mount, the non GPS mount? It might be a contact issue or a slow SD card issue? Makes me nervous to buy this 0906 even if it's cheaper.
Still resetting frequently.
And about a week ago it failed to record at all for about an hour during a long journey. It started up again just fine when I'd stopped for fuel.

I want it out of my car as sson as the SG DR product becomes available once they've beaten some of the bugs out of the DC.

Still resetting frequently.
And about a week ago it failed to record at all for about an hour during a long journey. It started up again just fine when I'd stopped for fuel.

I want it out of my car as sson as the SG DR product becomes available once they've beaten some of the bugs out of the DC.

Where and which vendor did you buy the 0906 from? I'm afraid of buying it and can't get it covered under warranty

Where and which vendor did you buy the 0906 from? I'm afraid of buying it and can't get it covered under warranty
I got it through a seller on eBay. Can't recall who at the moment but I tried to contact them once and got no reply. I only picked it up as they had it on offer for £85 instead of £130 or so.

It was worth it for trying a dual system but it's just a shame the issues these units are having as it could be a good budget dual system otherwise.

I got it through a seller on eBay. Can't recall who at the moment but I tried to contact them once and got no reply. I only picked it up as they had it on offer for £85 instead of £130 or so.

It was worth it for trying a dual system but it's just a shame the issues these units are having as it could be a good budget dual system otherwise.

Is it possible to look through your paypal records and report back the vendor? One particular vendor does not reply soon as I ask the warranty question, and that seller is in the USA.

There's a seller on ebay (USA) that has a picture that says for the 0906: "Temperature Protection. The camera will shutdown when the camera temperature reach 90 C (194F), if the camera temperature reduce to 70C (158F), then the camera will auto turn on. I'm told by the same vendor that if I don't have problem with the camera, then don't update the firmware. Vendor didn't tell me why. I'm thinking the temperature isn't calibrated correctly ?? I hope the engineers take into account the difference between internal and external temperature, and perhaps it would be a good idea to have holes on the top of the camera so heat doesn't stay trapped? These camera compresses using h.264 so of course it gets hot! If you have a mini fan blowing at it, or even AC blowing towards the top, I wonder if your thing would reset? If it doesn't reset, then you know it's a heat issue, and one that is designed to shutdown. 100C is the temp that water boils. Frankly, it's hard for me to imagine the temp reach that high inside. Maybe it needs air vents?? seriously.

eBay seller name was greatsellmalls123.

1)
There's a seller on ebay (USA) that has a picture that says for the 0906: "Temperature Protection. The camera will shutdown when the camera temperature reach 90 C (194F), if the camera temperature reduce to 70C (158F), then the camera will auto turn on. I'm told by the same vendor that if I don't have problem with the camera, then don't update the firmware. Vendor didn't tell me why. I'm thinking the temperature isn't calibrated correctly ?? I hope the engineers take into account the difference between internal and external temperature, and perhaps it would be a good idea to have holes on the top of the camera so heat doesn't stay trapped? These camera compresses using h.264 so of course it gets hot! If you have a mini fan blowing at it, or even AC blowing towards the top, I wonder if your thing would reset? If it doesn't reset, then you know it's a heat issue, and one that is designed to shutdown. 100C is the temp that water boils. Frankly, it's hard for me to imagine the temp reach that high inside. Maybe it needs air vents?? seriously.

2)
Is your cam really hot? is it really hot in the car?

On amazon, one person wrote "This thing overheats like crazy, even in the middle of winter . This camera is useless if it's summer. I should have spent a little more a get more reliable dashcam . " To me, it seems the mini 0906 has an over heating issue .. his is why there's a built in auto shutdown at high temp and start up once the temp goes back down. Notice the 0906 and the A129 has the same chip and spec, so maybe this device has some design / circuitry issue that causes high temp?? One person told me he / she doesn't sell the 0906 cuz there's too many issues and that the margin is too slim to take care of warranty issues, and this is why you didn't get a reply. You know what I'm going to do? I'll just look at the frequency of buys on ebay and if I see low volume, then you know it's not selling.

After looking through this thread: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mini-0906-overheating.32616/
Can you do me a test: can you turn off GPS and see if it still shuts down? For this thing to calculate gps coordinates and run h.264 video compression, it takes a lot of processing power.. so this is why it's hot.. but maybe turning off GPS would help. Do you think having gps (miles per hour is all important?) If it's a heat issue, no wonder the manufacturer stayed quiet in one of the thread. The issue is baked in. Frankly, I prefer a suction. My suction never comes off one of my dash cam. Just clean the glass, and use a little bit of water so the suction stays. ..water essentially fills the micro holes. But water may eventually evaporate. I wonder if a drop of olive oil on the suction will be even better because it'll be harder for the oil to evaporate. I think the manufacturer's went with the 3M sticky due to $$. Also, it discourages costomers from returning the product once the sticky is used. etc etc. I just bought this suction for my G1W-CB: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283116904759
Since that's 8 in 1 suction, there might be a chance that it would fit the A129 and mini 0906.. but I don't think GPS will work though.

-The suction is superior to sticky because I can quickly rotate my cam in any direction if need be.
-Maybe the designer of the next mini could consider including a heat sink on the main processor and expose it outside of the case. They can check the temperature difference.

After looking through this thread: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mini-0906-overheating.32616/
Can you do me a test: can you turn off GPS and see if it still shuts down? For this thing to calculate gps coordinates and run h.264 video compression, it takes a lot of processing power.. so this is why it's hot.. but maybe turning off GPS would help.

the GPS has it's own processor and just sends a data stream to the camera, there is very little processing required by the camera to deal with that, I wouldn't expect a measurable change as a result

the GPS has it's own processor and just sends a data stream to the camera, there is very little processing required by the camera to deal with that, I wouldn't expect a measurable change as a result

You want to test it? I know my cellphone gets really hot when I use gps. Maybe the cellphone gps app uses a lot of energy instead of the chip? Would you have any idea why the mini 0906 gets so damn hot while supposedly the A129 doesn't get this hot even though both uses the same chips?

Jokinn, which company do you represent, Mini 0906?

You want to test it? I know my cellphone gets really hot when I use gps. Maybe the cellphone gps app uses a lot of energy instead of the chip? Would you have any idea why the mini 0906 gets so damn hot while supposedly the A129 doesn't get this hot even though both uses the same chips?

Jokinn, which company do you represent, Mini 0906?

I don't need to test it, your cellphone doesn't use the same type of GPS as the cameras do, they have a more powerful processor and don't have space for a separate processor just to handle the GPS, they can also use cell tower, wifi and bluetooth to assist GPS (A-GPS) which all adds overheads as well, they are also powering the screen which adds more heat as well

Back