It is all Uber / Over

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Dont know why some ppl started this or even the Company, strict Danish rules on who can take money to transport ppl or goods around.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-uber-denmark-idUSKCN0ZO1E8

Needless to say i think Danish rules on this area is obsolete, really any one can drive what ever to a given spot thanks to GPS navigation, so the rules like knowing a crapload of streetnames and whereabouts is totally useless.

And the fact that this have not been changed long before Uber came to be just say a little about the old - stupid ppl Danes elect to govern their country :rolleyes::oops:

How I wish we were more like Denmark! Over here they were already declared illegal by the Government because they don't meet any of the law's requirements, they charge more than normal, legal taxis, they get lost a lot (having a GPS doesn't automatically entitle a driver to get from A to B quicker) but still they continue operating. Now there's another app company (Spanish, I think) who set up business, recruited staff and started their operation, even though they're also illegal! App companies like these, who arrogantly think they can just overrun a country's laws, need to be erradicated!

I agree even if i allso think our rules in this area is outdated, but outdated laws is prettty common here, no doubt we need a massive cleanup.

I am wondering do Uber drivers have to use some form of UBER navigation, or can they have the smartphone on for getting customers but then do the drive from A to B using their own NAV unit or knowlege of city roads.

But yes.

I dont get Uber start up here when even a regular non taxi driving person like me know its illigal as the law is now. ( in this way i do see uber acting like pirates )
Same goes for the ppl driving for uber, allso i do think here its often ppl supplementing ( illigally ) the welfare they get.

And one think i absolutely dont get at all, why havent the taxi companies made ther own app for hailing a cab, surely it cant be the most complicated thing to code.

OH there is a huge discussion here in Mexico about

" To UBER or not to UBER "

I think there is a lack of jurisdiction here because so far you are not hiring a TAXI service but you are hiring a Car service with driver ...

¿ Is that illegal ?

I do not know if yes or no but the advantage here ion Mexico is that I get a deductible invoice and from the regular TAXI service I just get a middle finger when I want to deduct the moving me cost from point A to point B

On one side Mexican government in some states have declared it legal in other states not but what they have not managed to do is to force or allow deduction of normal TAXI fares with a simple receipt or force the TAXI driver to issue valid and deductible invoices ...

¿ Why ? very simple, Mexico is a very corrupt country and as more and more Mexican can twist the Law these are votes for the reigning politic party

Just that simple ...

Another point is that UBER caras are clean and safe and TAXIs are dirty an unsafe ... At least here in Mexico

So for me very simple ... I use UBER as long as the service is 1000% better ...

When i disembarked a ship in Mexico and had to drive a little later that day from the gulf port to the capitol, we the 5 Danes did so in the agents car ( me and 2 engineers ) and 2 guys in a taxi.
Needless to say me and the engineers was good in the agents car, but the 2 guys in the taxa was non stop complaining about the taxa when ve got to the airport after driving for 6 houres or so.
Not least the rear seet not even beeing fixed to the rest of the car was a complaint :)

Last edited:
I dont get Uber start up here when even a regular non taxi driving person like me know its illigal as the law is now. ( in this way i do see uber acting like pirates )
Same goes for the ppl driving for uber, allso i do think here its often ppl supplementing ( illigally ) the welfare they get.
I wouldn't put it myself in better words!

And one think i absolutely dont get at all, why havent the taxi companies made ther own app for hailing a cab, surely it cant be the most complicated thing to code.
That's one of the things they did over here (even before the government declared Uber illegal), so they could "play with the same cards".

OH there is a huge discussion here in Mexico about

" To UBER or not to UBER "

I think there is a lack of jurisdiction here because so far you are not hiring a TAXI service but you are hiring a Car service with driver ...

¿ Is that illegal ?

I do not know if yes or no but the advantage here ion Mexico is that I get a deductible invoice and from the regular TAXI service I just get a middle finger when I want to deduct the moving me cost from point A to point B

On one side Mexican government in some states have declared it legal in other states not but what they have not managed to do is to force or allow deduction of normal TAXI fares with a simple receipt or force the TAXI driver to issue valid and deductible invoices ...

¿ Why ? very simple, Mexico is a very corrupt country and as more and more Mexican can twist the Law these are votes for the reigning politic party

Just that simple ...

Another point is that UBER caras are clean and safe and TAXIs are dirty an unsafe ... At least here in Mexico

So for me very simple ... I use UBER as long as the service is 1000% better ...
I can only vouch for what I see here.

Taxi drivers:
1- They're honest.
2- Very hospitable in general but especially with tourists.
3- The large majority has a vast experience as taxi drivers.
4- They're clean and they're always "competing" to see who has the better taxi.
5- Most of them speak at least one foreign language (usually English) and for those who don't, the Taxi Driver's Association provides language courses.
6- They have good knowledge of the history of the cities they work in (tourists appreciate very much having a guide while they're being transported through the city).
7 - They must have good presentation (required by the TDA).
8- Cheaper than Uber.
9- Larger availability.
10 - Security and protection guaranteed.

Uber drivers:
1- Can rob you blindly.
2- Sometimes don't even help the tourists with the luggage.
3- Skills required: a driver's license and a car.
4- In terms of cleanness, you never know what you gonna get.
5- Language knowledge not required. After all, they're not paid to "entertain" the customers.
6- Most of them don't even know where's the place they have to take the customers to.
7- This is not their job, so you might get anything from a suit and tie to shorts and slippers, but you never know what you'll get.
8- More expensive than taxis (taxi's fares are regulated, Uber drivers charge whatever they please).
9- You never know if there's a Uber driver available in your area (taxis are everywhere).
10- They're not required to have any special insurance and most of them probably don't even have one that covers the passengers and their cargo in case of an accident.

These are only 10 comparison points between the two services (I'm sure there must be many more) but looking at just these 10, I'd say that the Portuguese people who still prefer Uber are either dumb, don't care as long as it takes them wherever they want to go or are those trend followers who think it's hip to use Uber because it has an app.

Last edited:
Back