Joovuu X cam footage

only running at 10mbit isn't going to get much detail with the A7, need to wait for the higher bitrate samples before judging
I know if there are more information in the picture, when you have a higher bitrate. What is new to me, is higher bitrate remove the reflection or glare in the windscreen.

I know what you mean " its only a beta test", but is it not the purpose of the forum to share our thoughts on what we see?
Joovuu can the sort out what is useful for him, and other people like you can say "wait".

the A7 doesn't do well at 10mbit so not fair to judge at that

reflection and glare is a by product of the environment, different vehicles will give different results

@jokiin
Ok let me put it in this way.
Do you think that Kamkar would have any benefit from a cpl filter in these 2 video regardless what bitrate has been used?

CPL can reduce reflection but can also lose detail, at a lower bitrate you're not getting detail anyway

Regardless of how they decide to set it up once its released and the firmware is out there will be people cranking the hell out of the bitrate and doing all sorts of things just because they can, that's one of the tradeoffs for a manufacturer when using the Ambarella platform, its easily modded by the end user

soapy water, cloth- clean(er) screen, also mounting it closer to the screen halves amount of reflections ;)

@jokiin I really like you answer. I tried to make a yes/no answer, but as good as you are I didn't get that.

Maybe you should be politician.

Last edited:
@jokiin
Ok let me put it in this way.
Do you think that Kamkar would have any benefit from a cpl filter in these 2 video regardless what bitrate has been used?
A CPL could remove most of the reflection making it far easier to see what is behind it.

At low bitrate things which are difficult to see because they are half hidden by reflections get thrown away first during the compression which makes the CPL even more effective at making them visible.

A higher bitrate can not remove reflections, they will still be there!

CPL can reduce reflection but can also lose detail
I've never noticed any loss of detail from the 0806 CPL and that is a reasonably cheap one, although I'm sure there are some very cheap ones that do loose detail.

CPL adds 1 f/stop, cheap ones are maybe worse, you'll lose some detail which is even more noticeable at that low a bitrate, bit unfair to be trying to do any critical analysis of the results at this stage of the development, too many what ifs, better just to give them a bit of time to get the basics sorted

well no reflections today, or ever for that matter, bricked camera with FW update today, and i am in no way skilled enuff to mess around with any of the tools for the hardcore ppl :(

well no reflections today, or ever for that matter, bricked camera with FW update today, and i am in no way skilled enuff to mess around with any of the tools for the hardcore ppl :(
Get Joovuu to sort it via remote desktop then, but make sure you watch what he does with your computer!

Get Joovuu to sort it via remote desktop then, but make sure you watch what he does with your computer!

I'm sadly not an expert but I'm looking into the tools now and also have our programmers looking into them.

Cheers,

Dan

I dont think thats a option :D

If there was just some way i could reset the thing, it seem like somthing locked up.

If i plug it into my computer the cam is still there and put some player program on the card + 3 dll files

Sorry to hear that.

I dont think thats a option :D

If there was just some way i could reset the thing, it seem like somthing locked up.

If i plug it into my computer the cam is still there and put some player program on the card + 3 dll files

Yep, this is what happened yesterday. I'm trying to get this sorted. I'll get the .elf firmware on Saturday or Monday. We can then get it unbricked I hope.

:) if i then started a Forrest Gump run, back and forth across Jutland, i would be a fit person and able to fit all my old pants again.

On a side note its the first time i have had a FW / bios upgrade go sour on me.
And bios upgrades i have done a lot off since i started building computers when 700 MHZ was a drop jaw awsome computer.

@kamkar1 sorry mate about your bad luck. Mine arrived but they will only give it to me on Monday. I hope by that time yours will be brought back to life.

I think when i painted the silver part of the lens ring black before i tried to upgrade the FW i set myself on a slippery slope into darkness :D

But the camera is nice all black now, just like we like it.

@kamkar1 it's really easy to recover via DirectUSB when you have the ELF -- you'd get the general idea here :)

Back