Joovuu X cam footage

We're getting the .elf on Monday it looks like now (I was hoping for tomorrow but looks unlikely).

I wish 6 months ago Dan could have seen how unprepared he was for what journey he was starting....oh how I wish.

I wish 6 months ago Dan could have seen how unprepared he was for what journey he was starting....oh how I wish.
By the time you have completed this, you will be able to upgrade your status from novice to amateur! Still a long way to go though...

By the time you have completed this, you will be able to upgrade your status from novice to amateur! Still a long way to go though...

I wish haha - i wish this was the biggest problem but sadly not - but also good that it seems so easy to solve...but we'll see.

I would put my status at:

Expert of Beginner Novice.

Kind regards,

Dan

Actually i have just been playing with DUSB and the firmwares i have, and i seem to be able to upgrade just fine via that.
But when i then unplug the camera and plug it into the power source its still not there, but the green and blue led is on which i have deducted is when the unit is in DEV mode.
But i cant sem to reset it so nothing happen.

Using DUSB the camera is only detected using a7adb - a7evk - a7bub, the top 2 of the a7 to choose from dont work.

With the 3 others i can wipe nand OKAY and "download" the .BIN files, but as i said still no go here.

Not sure if problem is in bootloader or kernel, but these is just fancy words i know but dont quite undestand ( like so much of the french language i know )

Yeah i hope so, i was really amped on making a lot of footage from day #1, but then APP / no way to change settings / me beeing a little stupid not trying sdformatted 4.0 erlier set me back, and then this.
Tomorrow we go run the small rc trucks, and i had hoped i would be able to X cam that trip :oops: so now we will have to rely ( again ) on my friends sj4000 and gopro 3 silver.

Anyway just like BBQing we allso run those little trucks all year, so there will be plenty of chances to get footage.

At least i now have 2 tablets to test app on, kitkat and lollipop, and i do like the look of the App, when we get all the stuff in the app to work it will be damm nice. :cool:

PS. Judging by the 1080p / 10 mbit footage i have Vs the footage off the old Lukas its not half bad in my eyes :) i cant wait to really open up this puppy.

yeah will be a world of difference once the bitrate is bumped up to something more respectable, 10mbit does it no favors with the A7

the cam do get a little hot just at the 10 mbit, but it dont feel that bad and i think there is plenty of headroom to lift the bitrate.

Again tomorrow i will look for my friends laser thermometer so i can get some mesurments as good as can be done wihout proper FLIR gear.

yeah will be a world of difference once the bitrate is bumped up to something more respectable, 10mbit does it no favors with the A7

Once we have everything sorted (seems like fifty lightyears away) our target is to get it to 30mbs maybe 35 depending but this will be done slowly so we can see the effects etc.

Diminishing returns above mid 20's, there's people around that crank them up into the 40's but its mostly because they can, not because it makes much difference but you can't tell some people

Diminishing returns above mid 20's, there's people around that crank them up into the 40's but its mostly because they can, not because it makes much difference but you can't tell some people
jokiin, are you referring to just dash cams, or every other type of cams?
The reason is because my GoPro Hero 4 Silver runs at 30Mbps for 1080P standard mode and 45Mbps for 1080p ProTune mode, I can definitely cleaner and more detailed images compared to when the video has been downsampled to 20Mbps.

just referring to dashcams

there's cameras out there running 100mbit, can only do short duration though, the heat generated and the data usage is impractical for car camera use

just referring to dashcams

there's cameras out there running 100mbit, can only do short duration though, the heat generated and the data usage is impractical for car camera use
also need to consider re-writing process as well which puts an additional stress for CPU.

yeah GoPro typically get used in short bursts not for hours on end, much easier to accommodate crazy data rates in those circumstances

Thanks, I just want to clarify your earlier statement that's all.

It's like comparing a Formula F1 to standard everyday car. F1 car drive at high level engine performance for short period of few hours only, but standard car can drive for years at normal phase.

It's like comparing a Formula F1 to standard everyday car. F1 car drive at high level engine performance for short period of few hours only, but standard car can drive for years at normal phase.
If a GoPro is an F1 car while a dashcam is a standard everyday car, then it seems like more people around the world own an F1 car than a standard everyday car :p

If a GoPro is an F1 car while a dashcam is a standard everyday car, then it seems like more people around the world own an F1 car than a standard everyday car [emoji14]
And why not ?!

Nick Woodman was at the right time in the right place with unique product, plus they do have a great marketing team.

I was referring to working principles of gopro vs dashcam, and comparing to working principles of F1 vs standard car.

Here is some more video for everyone to chew on. Again this is very early beta stuff here and does not represent a final product

Back