JooVuu X Modified Firmware MODs Archive

When I first bought the joovuu several years ago it was a right pain to set up but did it eventually,now I have flashed newer firmware I'm back to struggling to get it to work right.
It seems that the memory card is just not fast enough even though I have set everything on the camera really low

Finally got some smooth video at 1280x720 30fps 16:9 but anything over this and it just jumps all over the place.

Last edited:
O.K. tried well away from all Wi-fi signals and connected instantly.
Now just got to find the best settings.
I have had this camera for years and once setup can't fault it.

Been trying all morning with various settings but every time the video output "staggers" the memory card is a Samsung 64gb evo thats always worked before.
Trying to go back to an old "elf" file but the DirectUSB program will not even recognize the camera.
Getting really Pi**ed with this now.
For flashing .elf you have to manually install ambarella driver:
(after installing software) in order to be recognized your X. And use Windows PC only.

Last edited:
For flashing .elf you have to manually inatall ambarella driver:
(after inatalling software) in order to be recognized your X. And use Windows PC only.
Thanks Alexandria,I'm surprised my laptop is not recognizing the camera as I'm still running a 10 year old version of Windows 7 and I should have the drivers for DirectUSB installed.

Troubleshoot recorded video issues by setting DVR to 1080P @30fps + Bitrate Medium (28Mb/s)
Use different PC video Players and copy few clips to USB stick and connect to SmartTV.
Suggest using quality microSD card with 60-90 MB/s write speed U3 for improved recording stability and quality.

Last edited:
Troubleshoot recorded video issues by setting DVR to 1080P @30fps + Bitrate Medium (28Mb/s)
Use different PC video Players and copy few clips to USB stick and connect to SmartTV.
Suggest using quality microSD card with 60-90 MB/s write speed U3 for improved recording stability and quality.

Sorry I've gone a bit quiet for the last couple of months. My wife had major surgery so I've had other worries.

The Joovuu has always had issues with U3 cards..... U1 max.

I tested a class 6 Samsung card on it at 28 mbs bitrate about a year ago and it didn't miss a beat.

I'll upload various clips this week with the latest FW

I have been trying to get mine working again. It records, and I can connect to the wifi, but the app won't connect to the camera. I tried installing joovuu's most recent firmware. Is this a known issue? Will this custom firmware fix this? I am at work but want to try tonight.

you remember to put phone in airplane mode / turn off mobile data before launching APP

you remember to put phone in airplane mode / turn off mobile data before launching APP
Forgetting to disable mobile data caused me so much grief it's not even funny. This should be put as a first item in all manuals (joovuu, gitup, yuneec) IN CAPS!
Interestingly enough, some companies (Google, Apple, Garmin, GoPro) know how to do software (apps) even without this annoyance.

Forgetting to disable mobile data caused me so much grief it's not even funny. This should be put as a first item in all manuals (joovuu, gitup, yuneec) IN CAPS!
Interestingly enough, some companies (Google, Apple, Garmin, GoPro) know how to do software (apps) even without this annoyance.

Yeah, disabling 4g does the trick, however, I never had to do that with Foxeer Legend 2 and 3, so I don't think it's a general issue... And yes, same phone. Maybe other Google version...

Oogle really should fix this problem, it is redicolous we have to jump that hoop when in truth it is not needed at all.

Still can't connect. What a piece of crap. The cam worked fine at first, it's like the more firmware there was the worse the camera got.

Oldest FW i have to share are from 15 July 2016 if you want to give that a go.

Oldest FW i have to share are from 15 July 2016 if you want to give that a go.
i just tried that firmware.

its so strange its like the camera has a mind of its own. Why does it sometimes record mp4 files and sometimes wav files? It wasnt recording the right side i wanted for it to be flipped, so with the PC text editor i set it to auto rotation, i also changed it to 1 min clips. now it records non stop continuous mp4 files, earlier today it was recording in 3 min wav files. I have no good way of knowing if the settings are working correctly because of how dumb this text file editor is, it seems like some of the things update, some done.

Have you tried the little reset HW hole, maybe following a FW update.

Except for the fun of doing something with a dasham, I can see no point in even bothering with a JooVuu (or a Mobius M2 for that matter). It's like the Rolling Stones line about "perfecting ways of making sealing wax"- why even bother?

If it ain't easily fixable then either break it up for parts you might use on other cam projects or toss it out and put your efforts into something newer and more viable.

Phil

Except for the fun of doing something with a dasham, I can see no point in even bothering with a JooVuu (or a Mobius M2 for that matter). It's like the Rolling Stones line about "perfecting ways of making sealing wax"- why even bother?

If it ain't easily fixable then either break it up for parts you might use on other cam projects or toss it out and put your efforts into something newer and more viable.

Phil
I have the same feeling :) But every once a while I get the itch a take it out only to be disappointed. The thing is that *when* it works, JooVuu X produces one of the best image (day) quality out of all cameras I have. It seems like the resolution, FOV, sharpening are just right, at least with the high bitrate firmware.
The question is, is this going to be one of those days... That's why Garmin 55 is on my windshield - it just works without all the drama.

Phil
For me its just for fun to see if I can get it working and have a spare cam. It records, and it seems like it is updating with the text files, but now it records continuous clips even though I told it to loop 3 min clips. This is the problem I had with it when I tried using it a long time ago. It WAS recording 3 min clips few days ago, but when I tried changing settings it stopped. I was also going to give it to a friend but if I can't get it to work properly, then why bother?

I still don't understand why when it was recording looped 3 min clips, it was .mov, and when its recording continuous it records in .mp4. Is that just how it would record depending on if you have looped recording on or not?

Back