JooVuu X vs Mobous 2

sharpharp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm sick of my crappy unreliable Mobius 1 which only records when it feels like it and just can't be counted on.

So I'm looking for a replacement, can anyone suggest which is better as a Dashcam, the JooVuu x or Mobius 2?

Is there a comparison of the spec anywhere?

Which is more reliable,
Which has the better video resolution in day/night?
Can they both use capacitors
Can you buy lens extension cables for both cameras?
I need one without a screen and compact as possible without sacrificing video quality, so hence JooVuu or Mobius 2

What you think?

Hi, I am using for more than a year a JooVuu X in front of the car and a Mobius 1 (One) in the back of the car. My units are using capacitors and they proved to be reliable. The JooVuu X has more features and better image than Mobius 1 (One). I did not use the Mobius lens extension cable since the image quality will go down. The developer of JooVuu X showed and planned to release a lens extensions cable but put this on hold since they did not found a better way to connect the cable to the JooVuu X main body. I do hope they will solve this. I also wanted to upgrade to Mobius 2 (Two) but I will wait until the software will be fully developed. That is, on short, my experience with JooVuu X and Mobius 1 (One).

Hi, I am using for more than a year a JooVuu X in front of the car and a Mobius 1 (One) in the back of the car. My units are using capacitors and they proved to be reliable. The JooVuu X has more features and better image than Mobius 1 (One). I did not use the Mobius lens extension cable since the image quality will go down. The developer of JooVuu X showed and planned to release a lens extensions cable but put this on hold since they did not found a better way to connect the cable to the JooVuu X main body. I do hope they will solve this. I also wanted to upgrade to Mobius 2 (Two) but I will wait until the software will be fully developed. That is, on short, my experience with JooVuu X and Mobius 1 (One).

Thanks for your reply, I did some checking and it appears there is a JooVuu Lens extension cable: https://www.joovuu-x.com/shop/joovuu-x-lens-extension/

Yes, this is the JooVuu X lens extension cable I mentioned above. On JooVuu X forum it was mentioned by the developer that this accessory is put on hold until finding a better way to connect to the JooVuu X camera main body. I do not know if there is some progress or not.

Yes, this is the JooVuu X lens extension cable I mentioned above. On JooVuu X forum it was mentioned by the developer that this accessory is put on hold until finding a better way to connect to the JooVuu X camera main body. I do not know if there is some progress or not.

Well if that is the case, why have they got it for sale on the link I posted??? Surely they wouldn't sell the cable if you couldn't connect it.....

Also, you said you have both the Mobius 1 and YooVuu X, does the YouuVuu X have a wide angle lens?

They got the lens extension cable listed but you can not put it in the basket to buy it, as you can do with other accessories.
As they advertise here, under software specifications - mode settings: https://www.joovuu-x.com/joovuu-x-camera/#eluid3926f922, the field of view can be modified from 60 to 155 degrees.

They got the lens extension cable listed but you can not put it in the basket to buy it, as you can do with other accessories.
As they advertise here, under software specifications - mode settings: https://www.joovuu-x.com/joovuu-x-camera/#eluid3926f922, the field of view can be modified from 60 to 155 degrees.

Thanks for clarifying........ I want to buy the JooVuu, but they appear to be a bit ameturish when it's comes to cable development. The original lens extension cable was only about for a month or so before it was pulled.

Are you using ext fat on that mobius 1 ? if so change to fat 32

Thanks for clarifying........ I want to buy the JooVuu, but they appear to be a bit ameturish when it's comes to cable development. The original lens extension cable was only about for a month or so before it was pulled.

pulling the cable if it doesn't perform as expected is the professional thing to do

@jokiin @Dashmellow In your opinion does the Mobius suffer from any degradation in quality whatsoever if using the lens extension cable? I've ordered a part that should hold the extended lens well for a side install I plan on experimenting with.

@jokiin In your opinion does the Mobius suffer from any degradation in quality whatsoever if using the lens extension cable? I've ordered a part that should hold the extended lens well for a side install I plan on experimenting with.

I don't know that it does as such, for users that have experienced degradation it's more likely to be interference picked up by the cable from nearby electronics, that's luck of the draw I think and something you'd just have to try and see if it works for you or not

pulling the cable if it doesn't perform as expected is the professional thing to do

I got in touch with them and they will now remove the cable from their website.
The professional thing to do is TEST the product thoroughly before selling, its amateur to release an item then withdraw it a month later

@jokiin @Dashmellow In your opinion does the Mobius suffer from any degradation in quality whatsoever if using the lens extension cable? I've ordered a part that should hold the extended lens well for a side install I plan on experimenting with.

From my experience, if the lens extension cable is properly installed there should be no detectable degradation of image quality over a standard camera housing install.

Sadly, Mobius.-2 isn't quite ready for prime time right now, but with further development should become a fine cam later on. JooVuu is the only other cam in this form-factor worth considering and it's pretty good overall but it doesn't seem to be getting all the development attention it should either. If you need it right now then JooVuu is the better of these two- just use the smartphone app to interface with it as the PC app is one of it's problem areas. If you're patient, like to play with the settings, and can get by without good low-light recording for now, then Mobius-2 can be a good choice, and IMHO will surpass the JooVuu in most areas eventually.

Mobius-1 is usually a very, very reliable cam, That and it's ruggedness are it's best assets since it's technology is now a bit dated. Yours might just be a bad cam or a solvable problem- I wouldn't 'write it off' as being a bad cam just yet since most others (including me) have had great success with it. For it's form-factor it is still the cam I recommend for that very reason: so few give any trouble compared to the rest.

Phil

I got in touch with them and they will now remove the cable from their website.
The professional thing to do is TEST the product thoroughly before selling, its amateur to release an item then withdraw it a month later

sometimes you just can't find every problem in a test environment, GoPro had to recall their drones, guess they must be amateurs also ;)

In my opinion, a company with a good test policy puts samples out to beta testers and a good beta tester will explore extensively every option and take every opportunity to "break" the test object.

In my opinion, a company with a good test policy puts samples out to beta testers and a good beta tester will explore extensively every option and take every opportunity to "break" the test object.

sounds good in theory but it's impossible to find everything, products would never make it to market if it always went like this

They did that, both of them. Only stupid users and product abusers in real life are going to find all the flaws. Just how it goes.

Phil

That's why large multi-million dollar companies invest in beta testers. The best ones in people experienced in beta testing and the worst one usually, gaming companies, in amateur beta testers who are usually kids and tend to simply play the game rather than try to break it or find flaws. Good beta testing improves the quality of the end product enormously. As for "stupid users" and "product abusers", that's exactly what you need. People who play around in the menus and software, and press buttons in unusual combinations to trigger crashes and people who hammer the buttons as in real life buttons get pressed hard and often. That way bugs and faults get ironed out and never occur in more normal usage.

Back