Just picked up the 9665 v3, first impressions

Here is the sample video: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29318032/dashcam/2016_1215_180949_586.7z
Let me know if you want me to adjust any settings.
On a side note, the daylight videos are pretty nice and head and shoulders above the ones produced by my old Itronics ITB-100HD.

-albertr

Night Time + Reflective license plates are tough to capture on dashcam. More details/history here:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...n-overexposure-hid-xenon-standard-bulbs.1444/

vlcsnap-2016-12-15-19h57m48s143.png
vlcsnap-2016-12-15-19h59m38s195.png

Looking good

fDFalQe.png

oJy5H4i.png

UHiSJ9c.png

P.S.
I just noticed 15/12/2016 instead of 12/15/2015
Unless you like the date Euro/Oz style, Don't forget to change your date format to MM/DD/YY

Edit: Or
YYYY/MM/DD
(ISO 8601 standard)

(Default is DD/MM/YY)

Last edited:
Good catch, I'll change the date format. I still think that night videos are overexposed, I'd rather give up some of that light for more sharp picture.
Will try to play with the setting to see if it can be tuned more to my liking.
BTW, nice product!

-albertr

Last edited:
Good catch, I'll change the date format. I still think that night videos are overexposed, I'd rather give up some of that light for more sharp picture.
Will try to play with the setting to see if it can be tuned more to my liking.
BTW, nice product!

-albertr
if you want to read license plates at nigh, you can turn EV down. But everthing else will be darker.

Yep, will do, thanks. Also, will angle the camera lower.

-albertr

Hi,

Fitted the V3 camera this afternoon. One thing I forgot to do whilst selecting the best place to mount the cam was to fit the CPL filter. With the filter off I was able to rotate the lens freely. When rotating the lens and stopping on the clicks, for me the lens was either pointing too low or too high for my liking.

I was going to set the camera in between the clicks and hope it would be stable. Anyway, fitted the filter and now not able to rotate the camera to the next click when moving the lens up. The top edge of the filter is now touching the windscreen. As it happens, it's showing the amount of dashboard that I feel is just right. Will do some tests later and see how it looks on playback.

I has used the thin mounting plate. I guess the the thicker plate would give me that extra bit of clearance to still allow me to rotate the lens. The annoying thing is I spent ages doing a dry run with both plates fitted, rotating lens with each for the best picture and placing the camera either side of the rear view mirror for the best location.

Regarding the filter, should I be able to rotate it or it is fixed? I am assuming the larger slot on the filter goes on the top when it's fitted.

larger slot on the CPL filter towards the top and yes it is preset where it needs to be

the thick mount allows the lens with filter to miss the glass, if you get the position you need with the filter in place on the thin mount though then that's fine

Sorry for the late update, I downloaded the file and updated the dash cam, I will get some video tonight and see how it does.

Minsk looking good.

I am sure when Napoleon came by in that part of the world in the old days they wished the weather was like today :D not least on the way back home to France.

I can link a video after work, but the night quality issues are still the same. With some ambient light, buildings, busy streets, the video is very good like the above clips. However with just my headlights I can barely make out a road sign as far as reading the letters. Don't get me wrong, I can see clearly what is happening around me...but the finer details are washed out. When you have some distant buildings again, I can easily make the traffic but the video appears washed out and grainy.

Here's some screen shots taken at full screen.

edited to add pic.

Attachments

• night1.jpg
    night1.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 33
  • night2.jpg
    night2.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 33
  • night3.jpg
    night3.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 32
  • night4.jpg
    night4.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I can link a video after work, but the night quality issues are still the same. With some ambient light, buildings, busy streets, the video is very good like the above clips. However with just my headlights I can barely make out a road sign as far as reading the letters. Don't get me wrong, I can see clearly what is happening around me...but the finer details are washed out. When you have some distant buildings again, I can easily make the traffic but the video appears washed out and grainy.

Here's some screen shots taken at full screen.

screenshots look as expected for the amount of ambient lighting you have

...With some ambient light, buildings, busy streets, the video is very good like the above clips. However with just my headlights I can barely make out a road sign as far as reading the letters....
Just keep in mind - if there's no light then there's nothing to record. You can't do with what ain't there... ;)

Back