K2S received

Hehe i have been wondering if there are OBD splitters out there, after all there are now a range of things people can plug into that socket.
You can get Y splitter cables, but I assume they are just for power, I don't think the diagnostic port was designed to be used as a network. I guess @jokiin would know if data can be shared if he develops OBD readers...

You can get Y splitter cables, but I assume they are just for power, I don't think the diagnostic port was designed to be used as a network. I guess @jokiin would know if data can be shared if he develops OBD readers...

I'm not sure about those splitters, @niko was going to test some but I'm not sure if he has done that as yet

I knew I had to test something. I forgot it dusting on the shelf :)
Will see when I get a time.

7698ec938c7d5917f36afabe76ba0049.jpg

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

OBD on a chain. :cool:

The presence of what look to be on/off switches do make me fear only one can be used at the time.

Last edited:
No the little red camd II Limited edition bagt was there but it was not in the camera box, i think it was just inside the DHL bag

No my mistake, just had to massage my head a little against the computer table :giggle: the little red bag was indeed inside the black camera box.
Knock on wood!

Last edited:
Yeah, I was thinking to buy similar but for my project I need to control (switch) each splitted OBD separately without the hassle of each time physically unplugging them. Only for power supply purpose.

Yeah, I was thinking to buy similar but for my project I need to control (switch) each splitted OBD separately without the hassle of each time physically unplugging them. Only for power supply purpose.

The plug that comes with the K2S has a power switch built into the plug, plus the low voltage cut-off voltage selector, and the USB-A socket to plug the power lead in, so the Y splitter cable would work. Only problem in my car is that I can't reach the power switch once the plug is plugged in!

any chance of being able to get a waterproof case for the rear cam for van drivers?

There's two pictured and listed in the owner's manual, one for "sport" or regular dashcam use, and another for use as a reversing cam. The ''sport' cam has a cylindrical body with the cable emerging from behind it, and the reversing cam has a larger "U" bracket mounted form factor.

I do not know if these will be introduced with the cam on initial release or whether specs and shapes may change. I'm pretty sure we can count on them showing up sometime as long as the rest of things work out in the beta-testing.

Phil

Good day, dear.
The question is rather to manufacturers:
What current consumes this DVR in parking mode on the motion sensor?
What current consumes in recording mode?

In recording mode, I measured ~700mA on 5V with both cameras.
That is about 300mA on the side of 12v, it is standard for most. Can it be possible to measure in parking mode (tracking mode)?

1080+1080 top video quality recording with GPS, consume 5V 620mA
Time Lapse mode Parking Guard (with GPS), consume 5V 530mA
Motion Detection mode Parking Guard (with GPS), consume 5V 530mA (standby) 620mA (writing)
when the camera broadcast voice warning with external speaker, it will take additional 200~300mA instantaneous.

Just to keep things alive, i have now taken the K2S off the OBD power source and switched to regular power
The front camera have been falling off the windscreen, it is the bond between camera housing and sticky pad that let go.
Looking forward to the next FW update.

[QUOTE = "Rayman.Chan, сообщение: 456906, участник: 3266"]
[/ QUOTE]
d Good day. There are a couple of questions for you: 1 Do you plan to change the front camera body to a more convenient one for installation? 2 Do you plan to reduce the current consumption in the parking mode? 3 Where in the end will it be possible to purchase this registrar?

Any news on progress of K2S or release date? I've had a K1S for a while but recently had to switch to another camera that's not as good as the K1S was failing

No it have been a little quiet lately, but i mailed Rayman, and in the meantime he have gotten married and been on honeymoon, but we should see him back here on the forum soon he said.
My test camera are still performing strong, but i have not looked at the footage from in for some weeks now, but will take a look later today as i am going to move it to the side windows some time next week.

What SDCards you are using?

While waiting Rayman to reply, ATM in K1S I am using Samsung PRO Endurance 128GB (17:45h of Video) and have two Transcend 64GB High Endurance on standby (usually used for Parking mode) and never had 1 Frame Drop.

Back