K2S received

Volume up - windows down - proper loud music :cool:

the current power&data cable is 1.5meter long, do you think 2m will be enough? If too long, you have to find somewhere to hide the excrescent part.
i think need make 2.5 meter obd cable because different cars have different obd place. Example 200 land cruiser have 2m widh
Also cable for rear camera can be not shot than 6m. better is 6.5 because example Chevrolet Tahoe have 5.2m

I have not yet received my K2S Unfortunately, due the some idiots at Customs.

I would like that someone please send me download link of short original MP4 copied of SDCar from Both Cameras (while in driving, 10-30s long and where GPS/OBD info is shown) to analyze it and see what metadata save into file and what apps are compatible with?

I can assure you that the rear cam cable will be long enough. My van is one of the longest ever made ;) My head unit is top center windshield with the rear cam on the far side window in back. I ran the cable around the top sides, not direct over the headliner, and I still had some cable left over :cool: I'm powering from center bottom of the dash at a cig lighter socket, and that cable needed an extension which does come with the unit.

Phil

When will K2s be released?

I have used K1s for a while but have had so many problems with it I have had to change to an inferior camera and look forward to using something like K2s...

I have not heard of a release date.

There will be few more changes I think. I hope every day that idiots at DHL will release package so that I can finally do a test.

Based on this video
I would like to see an Overlay of Speed limit and Camera Type icon on Screen but not on recording (overlay as K1S use solid black background while display warnings). BTW I like the Voice annoucement even in most cases it would not be heard due the loud music, maybe an option for a BEEP signal would be enough (maybe two types 1. warning that you approach speed limit camera/... and 2. Bit different hen you are over the speed limit and you are approaching speed limit camera/...), but voice is OK especially if you drive on a road that you do not know speed limit.

and if quality is like in video then there is one thing I will miss a lot in K2S, which is CPL Filter as I have a lot of glare from dash on K1S Video.

Rayman I really want to know why you have not applied same Magnetic mounting from other cameras to K2S FRONT Camera (Rear one is behind 87% window tint film so there is no need for that)

I want to archive this effect with CPL

Last edited:
All the things you want seem to need the dashcam to have internet access and databases to pull data from.
When i drive i run a local APP on my phone that give me warnings of the 10 fixed speed cameras, and there other users have spotted other forms of "problems" on the road, it also give me GPS speed but dont have over speed alert, and really i personally do not need that.

I am not aware of a CPL for the K2S, and to be honest i have problems seeing how to install in on the very small camera units.

No there is no need for dashcam to access internet, ATM I fill/update data to K1S occasionally using app I made published here. My personal Database contains around 250 Warning Spots of various types from trafic black dot rail crossings/road parts, crossroad cams, speedcams, ... and regarding overlay, if I got things correctly OBD overlay is not inpinted in Video but is shown on DVR Screen, so it is just firmware change issue to also show warining Overlay with SpeedLimits on screen.

For CPL I will confirm when and if DHL release dashcam to me, but usually CPL can be attached to holding ring of cam Last lens with small cut around to make it hold in place better. Housing design needs to be changed a little and it should not increase the cost of original front cam, but 100% sure I would pay extra for CPL as accessory in an instant.

I would also like to publicly thank Rayman for all the support he is giving me regarding jerks in DHL and such support for supporters and future customers is a way to success of an product.

Last edited:
All the things you want seem to need the dashcam to have internet access and databases to pull data from.
When i drive i run a local APP on my phone that give me warnings of the 10 fixed speed cameras, and there other users have spotted other forms of "problems" on the road, it also give me GPS speed but dont have over speed alert, and really i personally do not need that.
I like to have an overspeed alert, but I don't understand why you would put an overspeed alert on the dashcam.

Best place to have it is built into the car dashboard, part of the speedometer.
Next best is built into the car satnav.
Next best is on your phone, which has internet access so can keep itself up to date and can also warn you of temporary or variable speed limits and blockages ahead based on live data.

My car doesn't have one built in, and I don't have a satnav, so I use my phone. I have no desire to put it in my dashcam, mirror, drinks cooler, or anywhere else.

In most cases having radar detectors is illegal, I have not seen a car to have that implemented in (even newer cars with all sensors that hey have can easily implement it), same apply for Online updates for early warnings.
We here have notification groups that report radars,... just in case I ocassionally hardcode update that list in Sat nav and K1S. But this is another topic as we are getting off topic here.

Overspeed alarm when you approach radar detector is very very useful and should not be distraction, it can even help overall personal driving quality as if you ever paid speeding ticket it affect subconcous and you overtime generally lower the speed on that part of road. My Satnav (iGO world) uses same approach with hard coded warning points and that is why I created app to convert that for K1S to report me on it speaker as 99% of cases I listen to music and do not use Satnav even I have Android based Headunit that have access to internet thru my mobile hotspot share. Simple audio warning does not distract me from driving at all and I sometimes use Back cam of K1S as constant back mirror so an overlay of speed warnings would be very useful along OBD info K2S have.

Last edited:
Rayman,
Does and where K2S save GPRMC and or GPGGA for GPS NMEA messages and if it saves G-Sensor and/or OBD data in order to be decoded to be analyzed on PC dashcam apps?

Last edited:
Hi all, is the K2S waterproof? Thinking of using this attached under the side mirrors.. Thanks!

Hi all, is the K2S waterproof? Thinking of using this attached under the side mirrors.. Thanks!
If you check the K2S manual, you will find there is a waterproof cam listed.

The control box isn't, the cameras may be although you should check the spec. for the version you are buying, the cameras in the final version may be different to the test versions.

There have not been many posts from Rayman recently, so I'm not sure what the availablility is. You might want to also look at Viofo's new offering which I understand to be fully waterproof including the DVR box since it is intended for motorcycle use.

Ahhh!
The control box isn't, the cameras may be although you should check the spec. for the version you are buying, the cameras in the final version may be different to the test versions.

There have not been many posts from Rayman recently, so I'm not sure what the availablility is. You might want to also look at Viofo's new offering which I understand to be fully waterproof including the DVR box since it is intended for motorcycle use.

AHHH! Great! Do you have the link to Viofo's new offering? Thanks a lot!

Ahhh!

AHHH! Great! Do you have the link to Viofo's new offering? Thanks a lot!
Haven't shared any info in the public yet, we plan to ship samples for beta testing in 2 weeks.

Back