Latest Firmware for DOD LS300W / TioTech GT300W here !

p_a_harvey said:
niko said:
p_a_harvey said:
Does this firmware work for the Shadow-Tec GT350W? I believe they use the same hardware, but don't know if that's 100% true. Has anyone tested?

I've been having an issue where my GT350W randomly stops recording. It claims it is still recording, but it's just non-responsive and not writing any more data to the SD card. I'm hoping a firmware update would fix it.

DOD brand firmware does not work on other, even on same TioTech ( GT300W ) dash cams. DOD has the same firmware / interface codes but they are encrypted and can be used only with specific DOD dash camera model.

Thanks for that info. What about the GT300W firmware? I believe that's not DOD-brand. Would that firmware work on a GT350W?

I'm tempted to buy another camera with a better microphone, but I don't want to brick this camera in the meantime. I'm using it to record (possible) epileptic seizures, and it's frustrating when it failed to record an incident.

I did try also GT300W firmware on GT350W, but did not work out.
Yes, mine GT350W had also slight microphone problems ( sound recording was waving some time ). You might try to change existing mic on your GT350W to a new better one.

I tried and the gt300w firmware "201306180-SC-2" is also working on the g1w DVR :mrgreen:
definitely an improvement overall, with AWP
But some functionality of the original g1w firmware will be LOST (instant on and record when power on, some languages translation, setting for working time after power off, etc...unfortunately i didnt write all of them them down and didnt made a comparison)
Some behaviour will be different, the menu and rec button functionality will be switched, the zoom buttons will not work anymore....needs 2-3 seconds for turn on and start record when power on, only 3 min loop record works properly(other setting will result in stop of recording when the sd card is full) <-but in my experience this was also partly the case with g1w firmware
but you will have AWB and a slightly better video quality
I flashed all of my 4 g1w cameras with the gt300w firmware and i like it better this way :mrgreen:

I can't seem to get the camera to take the update. I drop the file onto the SD card and boot up the camera and nothing but the normal boot up routine. Am I missing something here?

Hello
LS300W
I put the firmware DOD LS388W 1307111SC2E00
Question. Are there any firmware new DOD?

Derek said:
Hello
LS300W
I put the firmware DOD LS388W 1307111SC2E00
Question. Are there any firmware new DOD?

DOD does not give out firmwares. The only one to look is GT300W series firmwares, which can be used on DOD LS300W series, but you need to change bin file name there.

niko said:
DOD does not give out firmwares. The only one to look is GT300W series firmwares, which can be used on DOD LS300W series, but you need to change bin file name there.
I know that the DOD does not issue firmware.
And if they are new? Has anyone bought a camera with a new firmware?
And what number flashing on GT300W that would look?

Derek said:
niko said:
I know that the DOD does not issue firmware.
And if they are new? Has anyone bought a camera with a new firmware?
And what number flashing on GT300W that would look?

What do you mean @ flashing & look ?

The latest FW for shadow gt300w is LS300W 130717Oen10E03
Also, last satarday FOXOffer published new menu pics for gt300w - just look:

Does any one got that firmware? //

LS400W 130815EN10 E10
Any news about new Features?

35.jpg

-Pizdys- said:
Does any one got that firmware? //

LS400W 130815EN10 E10
Any news about new Features?

35.jpg

I am also interested in new firmware for ls400w. I have ver. LS400W 1307030-SC-2 E00

SpoKuHin said:
You can download latest fw for Tiotech GT300w. http://files.mail.ru/180D74AD9CA244DD84869D5629FFB709 Pass - Taker. There is 10 languages( incl, Polish and Russian), AWB, Plate stamp, but no password feature. Don`t forget to flash loader first. This is 130823 fw
Is this necessarily better than the 130717Oen10E03 ?
Are there any other changes than more languages and the removal of the (useless) password feature?

Last edited by a moderator:
SpoKuHin said:
You can download latest fw for Tiotech GT300w. http://files.mail.ru/180D74AD9CA244DD84869D5629FFB709 Pass - Taker. There is 10 languages( incl, Polish and Russian), AWB, Plate stamp, but no password feature. Don`t forget to flash loader first. This is 130823 fw

I guess you have already tried / tested this latest firmware?
what kind of menu interface / graphics it has?
Does it have a white or yellow colour data writing on bottom of the video ( data stamp I mean ).
Can you make a few photos of menu.
Thanks.

I tried the latest FW from SpoKuHin. The interface and menu is kind of different, same menu but different icons.
The date stamp is yellow. Didn't notice improvements in quality.

Problem is i tried to put back older firmware but no succes, the update doesn't start, it just stick with this one. :(

Attachments

• DSC01974.JPG
    DSC01974.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC01975.JPG
    DSC01975.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC01976.JPG
    DSC01976.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 178
Thank for sharing so quickly.
Icons graphics looks "cheap" ( my personal opinion, no offence to developer, he did big job anyway ).
Icons design is not that important as long other criteria improved, but as you mentioned no visual improvements.
Russians are good in firmware diy, but myself personally will not try hacked / cracked "diy" firmwares until they are not fully tested with all bugs removed / fixed.

SpoKuHin said:

Hello, what do you mean by flash loader first. Where can I get the flash loader?

Got me GT300W yesterday. I think its one of the last GT300W produced, before they stopped production.
And I've two problems:
1) I charged up the cam and plugged it to the car charger. First the cam only showed the logo and nothing happend. After some time the cam did start up and recording for a while. Today I started my car again and the cam showed again only the logo and didn't record anything. I couldn't even go to the menu or anything else. But when I start the cam without the car charger, it boots up 4 out of 5 times and I can start recording. Does someone have any idea?
2) Firmware Version shows "V0628031". Whats this? My menu looks like the pictures from jonutzu and I've plate stamp.

Back