Latest Firmware for DOD LS300W / TioTech GT300W here !

so you have second revision , same was mine.

pitiful Dod don´t giving any update to users and not sharing any firmware. so you probably won´t find any update was i don´t find also.

i wish plate stamp option and white balance :(

out.php

they don´t give a crap to legit and non "legit" buyers so don´t matter if you buy from Authorized or gray market you won´t have updates.

don´t exist any advantage in i pay stupid official sellers price (twice the price) for a company who don´t have strong Quality control and support.

Well the navi-world i bought from is an authorized seller..

GeorgesNJR said:
they don´t give a crap to legit and non "legit" buyers so don´t matter if you buy from Authorized or gray market you won´t have updates.

sadly you are correct, I bought an LS300W from the DOD shop (can't get much more official than that) near my home and still can't get a firmware update from them, (I believe I know why they won't release any updates) even though they keep updating the hardware they release with newer versions, just the way they do business I guess

Creo said:

Did you read the post above? Navi-World is not an authorized seller...

jokiin said:
(I believe I know why they won't release any updates) even though they keep updating the hardware they release with newer versions, just the way they do business I guess

Would love to hear your reasoning on this topic, even if by PM.

Gurkha9 said:
jokiin said:
(I believe I know why they won't release any updates) even though they keep updating the hardware they release with newer versions, just the way they do business I guess

Would love to hear your reasoning on this topic, even if by PM.

releasing the firmware could expose them in more ways than one, I don't feel it's appropriate to elaborate, actions speak louder than words, I don't agree with the way they do things but that's their business and their choices to make

wondering if wf-1 from VicoVation was same Dod ls300w picture quality if yes i will probably getting one for my mother , was she liked idea dash cam
she been questioning me last years the why use one , but quality dash cams got at moment she enjoyed and told it´s got a quality maybe worthy

and them probably getting a vico , when they come whit a small Ambarella 7 for me too if i enjoy the updates and the support at end of year when my ls300w start get´s outdated duo lack updates. :mrgreen:

I think they got very respectable results out of the LS300W by using a good sensor and lens, the rest is very basic, anyone considering one should just look at what it offers at face value without thinking that improvements or changes may come

Very different way of doing things than something like the Mobius which is so well supported with regular FW updates.
I think I know where I'll be spending my hard earned $

Gurkha9 said:
Very different way of doing things than something like the Mobius which is so well supported with regular FW updates.
I think I know where I'll be spending my hard earned $

there's lots of different choices, it's a buyers market, I'd definitely recommend that whichever brand you choose that you go with something where there's a proven track record of support, updates etc, some companies get that (like Mobius) and some fail miserably

i am learning that on hard way, my next dashs the support and updates will be a must along quality.

was i got FH500 and it was a lot firmwares on net , i tough whit LS300W updates and support was suppose to be on same level , well camera is good but lack support and updates is fact i bought a camera condemned to get old when useful functions come out at other cameras wish is very disappointing and example firmware whit Plate Stamp , white balance and i can´t had it.

yeah I would only judge the product they offer based on the features and functions it supports out of the box, if you're happy with that then buy the product but don't be disappointed when new features are added and you can't get them I guess, not the way I would handle the product but each to their own

Gurkha9 said:
Creo said:

Dammit, I should have read it. Usually companies list their authorized sellers rather than unauthorized... sigh. My fault I guess.

I went with the LS300 because I wanted the best day/night camera quality. I guess I'll factor in support now.

Creo said:
Gurkha9 said:
Creo said:

Dammit, I should have read it. Usually companies list their authorized sellers rather than unauthorized... sigh. My fault I guess.

I went with the LS300 because I wanted the best day/night camera quality. I guess I'll factor in support now.

Dod ls300w, tiotech gt300w, shadow gt350w etc, they are not the best day / night dash cams in the world. But I must say, at the moment they are the best well known in their price range ( price vs video quality, specs, functions, form factor ). I can say they are sort of bench mark in their own segment, but for sure not the bench mark for all dash cam market.

If you want The Best dash cam, - you need to pay more.

Yes within the price bracket.

Creo said:
Yes within the price bracket.

Very good.
May I ask which firmware version of dod ls300w do you have and when it was bought?

I'm at work atm but I've posted the exact firmware version on the previous page a long with a pic of my camera. From what some one else has said, I have a version 2.

Creo said:
I'm at work atm but I've posted the exact firmware version on the previous page a long with a pic of my camera. From what some one else has said, I have a version 2.

Thx. I found your answer:

Re: Latest Firmware for DOD LS300W / TioTech GT300W here !

by Creo » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:51 pmHi, bought my LS300W off ebay. I have firmware LS300W 1305311-TC-10,

Back