Lightning show for everyone.

splash

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9665GC
You might have heard on the news that Chicago area was hit by a storm last Sunday. In fact a tornado touched down in my area around around 8:30pm and ended approximately 3 miles west were I live.

Disclaimer: This is a 19 min long boring video with nothing but lightning. Watch at you own discretion.

i love picture lightning. when i was a kid in mississippi, we would sometimes lay out on the back porch and watch it draw momentary artwork across the sky.

Absolutely awesome. I thought central Florida held the record as lightning capital for the states, but we rarely have this many non-stop flashes.

BTW, what are the seemingly stationary light spots on the video?

upload_2015-8-4_14-40-8.png

Absolutely awesome. I thought central Florida held the record as lightning capital for the states, but we rarely have this many non-stop flashes.

BTW, what are the seemingly stationary light spots on the video?

Probably some dirt on the lens/windshield reflected by the light. Haven't cleaned it after I moved this camera to this car.

This was actually the first time I checked my night time video after I moved the camera to this car. I noticed that the background is now darker compared to when I had this in my other car. Probably because I have a brighter headlight in this car than the other and the sensor adjusted it according to light this camera was focused in to.

I am really impressed with the clarity of the night footage and the lightning!

i was humming the classic Aussie oldie, High Voltage.

White spots are hot pixels, next firmware release will fix those real good :cool:

It's true, the release firmware we temporarily rolled back to for recently shipped units, deleted the Sony sensor calibration values. (and will show a few bright pixels at night)

Automatic sensor calibration will be included in the next August release coming soon. (and those will vanish like magic)

I grew up in Wildwood/Grayslake IL (North East Illinois, just north of Chicago)

That tornado damaged my Mom & Dad's Shed and House a bit (my childhood home) & destroyed the trees at the Twin Lakes park I used to hung out at up the street. There was a video posted of the trees down but seems to be taken offline now.

http://wgntv.com/2015/08/04/ef-1-tornado-confirmed-in-grayslake-clean-up-underway/

ujo94oQ.jpg

0ysPVJe.jpg

6ENc5J6.jpg

E0VfGY5.jpg

CIIlqqm.jpg

9FaSKE2.jpg

Last edited:
Back