List of problems & issues with the RC500S

Discussion in 'DOD RC500S' started by Nauhck, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Hooch

Hooch New Member

Australia
    I did a bit more troubleshooting and found that when I stream the file to my iPhone or iPad the speed is often not displayed which is good (I still find a few files here and there with the speed visible though but they are rare). However once I download the file to my device then the speed is displayed even with that video stamp option turned off. Due to that, maybe it's the App that has the issue and not the actual camera as the App version was also updated around the same time as the camera firmware. Doesn't really solve the problem though. Any Andriod users here having the same issue?

Previously I was using a mini 0805 and you could turn the GPS off completely so there was no speed or maps or anything. Shame you can't do that with the RC500S as all I want is the video. I don't need a map, I know where I went.

I'll wait until I hear back from DOD and will post their reply in case others are having the same problem.

2. moderncouple

moderncouple New Member

Australia
    well said. people like you with detailed info. help push error correction. top marks have a nice dererved beer

3. moderncouple

moderncouple New Member

Australia
    how do i contact dod. any link ?

4. Chris Hunt

Chris Hunt Active Member Retailer

Australia
    Dash Cam:
    VIOFO..DOD..VicoVation.... Mini Series...
    Contact them directly through their global website link here or your re seller should be able to contact them on your behalf.

http://www.dod-tec.com/index.php/contact_us/

5. moderncouple

moderncouple New Member

Australia
  6. TJVideo

TJVideo New Member

United Kingdom
    Dash Cam:
    Thinkware F800 Pro Front and Rear, T-Eye ADR-3000
    Hi.

Unfortunately I had to send my DOD RC500S back because I was not able to set it up without buying a new phone.
    My full review is on Amazon.
    Customer Review

7. DOD Tech Australia

DOD Tech Australia New Member Retailer

Australia
    Dash Cam:
    2017 DOD Tech Models
    Dear customer, thank you for choosing DOD. We are checking to see if your issue has been resolved or if DOD in Taiwan has been able to assist you? We are here to help any way we can and will relay and bug reports or concerns directly to the engineers in Taiwan. Thank you.

8. mexiwi

mexiwi New Member

Australia
    New version of the app v2.5 now works on my Moto G5 Plus with Android 7

DOD Tech Australia likes this.
  9. DOD Tech Australia

Australia
    Dash Cam:
    2017 DOD Tech Models
    Great to hear mexiwi, if you have any other concerns or suggestions regarding your system please let us know. We will make sure all suggestions are put forward to DOD directly in Taiwan.

Thank you again for choosing DOD!

10. mexiwi

mexiwi New Member

Australia
    I will be hardwiring it hopefully this weekend and testing out parking mode, this has had bad reports before so will see how that goes.

11. Robert Mercer

Robert Mercer New Member

Australia
    Hi all, thank you so much for this thread as it has helped me immensely. I really have regretted my purchase and wish I could take it back. I paid $495AUD to have it installed and can't back out now. Using Android, S8 Galaxy. The guys at the shops couldn't even really get it working.

I have updated to the latest firmware (no thanks to the manual or DOD's website), and also the latest app.

Basically I was getting the can't stop recording issue, so thanks to this thread I pulled out the SD card and turned off video loop so that I could start an stop recording. The main issues I have now is sometimes the wifi is not working at all, and also the wifi is very very slow. The device seems to revert to whatever the default settings are even though I changed them when I logged into the app. It seems I have to log in with the wifi each time to get the settings I'm after such as 10 min recording etc

One reason I bought DOD was the speed camera reporting but I noticed it's all wrong mentioning speed cameras that don't even exist, so that's another issue. Instead I have it turned off now so it's like false advertising a feature of the product that you can't use.

I really hope there are some major improvements to the app and the device firmware because for a $500AUD product these issues shouldn't really exist.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  12. DOD Tech Australia

Australia
    Dash Cam:
    2017 DOD Tech Models
    Hi Robert,

We are here to help any way we can, and will try our best to resolve any issues you are facing.

Regarding the installation, you mentioned an installation cost of $495? Can you please confirm who you approached for the installation of this 2CH dash cam so we can investigate further.

We understand your feedback about the manual and the DOD website. The DOD Australia website is near completion and will provide a much easier way for customers to access the latest firmware, as well as access instructions on how to apply it.

Regarding the functionality issues you're currently experiencing. Can you please send us an email to support@dod-tech.com.au - and our staff will look into this further and perhaps organise an RMA for replacement.

Please email when you can with your name, place of purchase and contact details.

Your feedback has already been forwarded directly to DOD management in Taiwan, and your concerns won't go unheard.

Thanks for choosing DOD, and we aim to turn your experience around for you as soon as possible.

13. Robert Mercer

Robert Mercer New Member

Australia
    Hi DOD Tech Australia,

Thank you for responding. It's great to have someone representing the company here to take on board feedback and improve.

-Re installation, I approached a couple of auto electricians/dash cam installers mainly because I do not have the confidence to install a hardwired dash cam myself/hide wires etc into the car myself especially as I saw feedback in forums about the manual guiding an upside down installation. I certainly don't see the installation cost as a DOD issue. I paid that much as these guys had a lifetime warranty for their work. Other installers were cheaper but only warranty of 12 months as they don't carry the DOD product.
    -Good to hear about the DOD Australia website and easier instructions etc.
    -I am not sure if I have a faulty device. It could be that I don't have the instructions as the manual doesn't explain much. Specifically I would like to know how I can set the device up to change the default settings to 10 min recording because it seems unless I connect with it via wifi each time to enable that that it'll revert to 3 min recording. I shall send an email to support@dod-tech.com.au which the issues I'm still having in case it is a faulty device or an issue with the S8 Galaxy interface into the device.

Thank you,
    Robert

14. DOD Tech Australia

Australia
    Dash Cam:
    2017 DOD Tech Models
    Hi Robert,

Thanks for your message, we look forward to hearing from you via email soon.

We would still like to know where you had this installed as well if possible.

Cheers,