Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,

Looking for a solid camera with features in this order of preference:

1) Internal car view
2) Parking mode
3) Cloud/remote viewing capability

My car is a 2019 Mercedes A220 and I'd like to be able to hard-wire through the OBD2 port.

Thanks!

Hi there Cannoncd, welcome to the forum. Given your list here, I'd recommend the DR750X-3CH if you'd like front, rear, and interior recording. Alternatively, BlackVue's other IR models will work if you would not like the rear camera. BlackVue's cloud service is top-notch, and the unit is fully capable of parking mode. There is no OBD cable for new BlackVue models though, you'll need to hardwire to the fusebox, or use a battery pack.

BlackVue cameras are ideal for their sleek and professional design, and advanced features to allow for a seamless user experience.

Hi there Cannoncd, welcome to the forum. Given your list here, I'd recommend the DR750X-3CH if you'd like front, rear, and interior recording. Alternatively, BlackVue's other IR models will work if you would not like the rear camera. BlackVue's cloud service is top-notch, and the unit is fully capable of parking mode. There is no OBD cable for new BlackVue models though, you'll need to hardwire to the fusebox, or use a battery pack.

BlackVue cameras are ideal for their sleek and professional design, and advanced features to allow for a seamless user experience.
Awesome, thank you. I will look into it!

The rear camera isn't a big priority for me at all, so I'll take a look at some of those other models.

So it looks like the best fit for me from BlackVue will be the DR750X-2CH IR LTE Plus.

For comparison shopping's sake, are there any other mid/high-end cameras with similar features?

I'm glad I found this forum....I've tried to do thorough research, but apparently I've missed a bunch of brands!

You are looking for smart cameras ( Cloud / LTE ) and in that case you pretty much only have the Blackvue and Thinkware brands to choose from.

There are a few others, but they do not see any mentioning or extremely little mentioning in here, so i do not dare to bring them up.

@BlackboxMyCar any chance you have a discount code for the DR750X-2CH IR LTE Plus? :)
Unfortunately we aren't selling the IR version of the DR750 LTE, only the non-IR LTE version, otherwise I'd be sure to have a discount for ya :). If you are considering higher resolution, you may want to be a bit patient for a couple weeks, check these guys out: https://blackvue.com/press-release-...oduce-new-cloud-connected-lineup-at-ces-2023/. Alternatively, the non-LTE BlackVue models can us a SIM card in the same way as the LTE models using the CM100 LTE module, or even a simple wifi hotspot connection in the vehicle.

I'm not super concerned with resolution. I think I might just go ahead and pull the trigger through blackvue.com (unless you recommend a third party vendor?). I did have to purchase the hardwiring kit through your site, since it's out of stock on BlackVue and Amazon. Thank goodness you had it!

I think I'd rather have have the LTE built in, as opposed to having to add a module...I don't want the the thing to get too unwieldy up there on the dash hah!

Back