Looking for DVR that has external lens but not dual lens.

matt88

Reaction score
Hi

As the titles says. I have been looking but not found anything.
My idea is to install lens in hidden place and wire signal cable to DVR.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Looking for DVR that has external lens but not dual lens

Really no such dvr?

What about dvr that could be hidden in car?

matt88 said:
Hi

Thanks in advance!

I've got a model coming like this, makes the install very discrete, it's not ready yet though, mass production is possibly still 2 to 3 months away at this stage

There are many SD quality cameras like this. The Lukas LK-7300G is the closest to what you are asking.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=180

Last edited by a moderator:

DashCamMan said:
There are many SD quality cameras like this. The Lukas LK-7300G is the closest to what you are asking.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=180

reminds me I should have mentioned the one we're doing is Full HD, will be on the A7 platform

I stumbled upon this camera, some time ago (I almost bought it):

http://gizmogalaxy.co.uk/db1/index.php? ... uct_id=197

It might be your only chance, if this is the thing you want.

I also know of the VIO POV. I almost bought this one aswell. Insane price: http://vio-pov.com/products-all/pov-hd.html, but the quality is amazing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8blF9M2wqE

Both of these cams have separate camera and DVR modules, so you can wire them up in different places.

I hope it's what you needed.

Both are expensive, I know the factory that makes the first one, haven't had any first hand experience with this model but I know the factory makes good product

Jokiiin, you are in such a unique position to fulfill a market need, particularly here in N. America. On this side of the pond we do not trust buying products directly from China. We want products and sellers whom have been vetted and can be trusted and will back up their product. Unfortunately, the two usually do not go hand in hand with Chinese sellers. My advice to you is to offer 2-3 product levels with different feature levels. Build it, test it, make sure it performs. Your buyers are here, but we don't want to buy crap. If you build it, we will come....

Thanks for your advice on the forums. :)

Appreciate the feedback, at the moment the only thing that's stopping me is trying to secure a good deal on freight, something I've been working on though

The seller estore009 on eBay has figured out a deal with FedEx on how to get DVR 207 here in 4 business days for an extra $5 USD over their normal shipping rates. Americans (as well as Canadians I'm sure) will pay this no problem. A few extra dollars spent on a quality product we can trust from a vendor we can trust is worth the peace of mind. Hopefully that gives you something worth investigating.

They likely get a good rate with FedEx due to the volume they ship, starting out though don't give these kinds of rates, we do use FedEx for other stuff but not in any kind of volume that would get us a decent rate, we can get cheap rates elsewhere but so far proving to be quite slow to deliver, we are still looking at options though

Tommy said:
I stumbled upon this camera, some time ago (I almost bought it):

http://gizmogalaxy.co.uk/db1/index.php? ... uct_id=197

It might be your only chance, if this is the thing you want.

I also know of the VIO POV. I almost bought this one aswell. Insane price: http://vio-pov.com/products-all/pov-hd.html, but the quality is amazing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8blF9M2wqE

Both of these cams have separate camera and DVR modules, so you can wire them up in different places.

I hope it's what you needed.

Hi Tommy,

The first camera is often called the QStar A7.

pic14.png

It gets mixed reviews from Russians. Not sure where it is available from outside of Russia. The newer QStar A9 has better reviews and the camera is more discrete.

product5.html

There is another camera called the AT26B from estore009. Not much info on this though.

$%28KGrHqFHJCkE8fYNUSgsBPzK3M,U5!~~60_3.JPG

jokiin said:
matt88 said:
Hi

Thanks in advance!

I've got a model coming like this, makes the install very discrete, it's not ready yet though, mass production is possibly still 2 to 3 months away at this stage

Is this what jokiin's A2S60 Dash Cam (GS1000 Based) is all about?

I've been looking for a VERY discreet camera. My daily drive is a Miata, and I don't want to put the top up every time I park and/or remove the camera. I've looked into CCTV CMOS/CCD camera modules with hidden DVR, but even even with 500+ TV lines and a proper lens the quality is too low. Other than the video quality, it would be perfect. I really like the 808 key cams, some even come without a housing but with extended lens cable, which would be great. During the day it's OK but the video quality in the dark is not too well, and it doesn't support auto record on power (yet). I've also looked at bullet type camera's, which, again, would be perfect except for the video quality in the dark, or they are just too expensive. I've also looked at HD camera's that can be connected to a PC. I've got an old netbook here that would be a great car pc to connect the camera to, but making my own software for it is holding me back (I'm not a great programmer, I mainly make fancy calculators and clipboard monitors) and most affordable cameras don't seem to do well in the dark.

I don't mind (hours of) DIY stuff or modding existing products, GPS is nice, but I can do without, I don't need park mode and motion detection, I just want a reliable but well hidden camera that does at least 720p, costs less than $150-200 in parts, performs well at night and it should start recording when I start the engine.

Faceplant said:
jokiin said:
matt88 said:
Hi

Thanks in advance!

Is this what jokiin's A2S60 Dash Cam (GS1000 Based) is all about?

no that's an existing model that doesn't meet your needs, the new one coming will meet all your requirements, I'll post some more details on that when the time is right

jokiin said:
Both are expensive, I know the factory that makes the first one, haven't had any first hand experience with this model but I know the factory makes good product
For Tommy money are not a problem, he just want the best dashcam in reality, not just advertising.

Even I don't have real feedback, for the moment I think the Vico TF2+ Premium to offer the best quality. But the form factor destroy it for many users.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back