Looking for your opinions on my picks.

Smitty8709

Reaction score
Country
United States
New to the site and kind of new to dash cams. I have a g1w that I put into my wifes' car, shes a filipina and only has been driving for 1 year. So i wanted her to have the dash cam in her car. So now I need a new one for myself. I just recently bought a brand new subaru and want front and rear cams.

For the front, I've chosen the b40 wedge cam, reasons are:
-discreet
-price
-positive feedback

My question though does it display MPH? I dont need any GPS, I just want the timestamp and the speed.

For the rear, I've chosen the Mobius, for:
-discreet
-great feedback
-adaptibility

The one question I have on this is how I should mount it. My subaru crosstrek does have a slight slant to the rear window, would I suction cup be able to do the job?

Now I would like to hardwire these into the car somehow, instead of having cables running and dangling everywhere, any advice on that??

BTW i'm in America, so remember some products take forever to ship here. Thanks in advance for replies.

If you want the speed stamp on B40/A118 videos, you will need the GPS module.

I figured that'd be the only way to go about it. Is there any reports about the B40 gps module having any interference with other gps devices or smartphones?

New to the site and kind of new to dash cams.

For the front, I've chosen the b40 wedge cam, reasons are:
-discreet
-price

Now I would like to hardwire these into the car somehow, instead of having cables running and dangling everywhere, any advice on that??

BTW i'm in America, so remember some products take forever to ship here. Thanks in advance for replies.

You asked for opinions, so I wanted to post what you get low cost vs higher price. If you like the B40 form factor, the Street Guardian SG9665GC is the top of the line option and is also shipped from the USA. (with local support)
Check out the side-by-side video comparison B40 vs SG9665GC
here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...5gc-aptina-ar0330-vs-sony-exmor-imx322.10131/
The upgrade differences are, Sony IMX322 Exmor Sensor, enhanced lens + FOV, higher build quality including a metal lens housing, more accessories, and more firmware features on the way soon)

Here is a hard wire kit solution that works on both the B40 and SG9665GC
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/sg9665gc-anyone-hardwire.10665/

Last edited by a moderator:

worth noting that they don't stamp the speed on the video, it is recorded and you can view with Registrator Viewer as MPH or KPH as you please

Back