Looking to buy A129 but how good is warranty?

S2kyy

Reaction score
Country
United States
So my Vantrue R2 crapped out after 1 year. The USB cable was fizzing up with smoke and everything so I'm done with that brand. I've been looking for 2 channel with wifi capability so the A129 fits the bill. Just curious, how good is the warranty if i buy it on Amazon through CYA vs straight from Viofo.

I'm also confused by this statement on CYA website as well. What does it mean?
Do not use any adapters on the rear camera cable! This will damage the cable and void the warranty!

So my Vantrue R2 crapped out after 1 year. The USB cable was fizzing up with smoke and everything...
What was smoking? The cable itself or a power adaptor on the end?

Just curious, how good is the warranty if i buy it on Amazon through CYA vs straight from Viofo.
Depends on how it is shipped, if it is shipped (fulfilled) by Amazon then there will be no issues with warrantee wherever you buy it, but if shipped from Viofo China then even though the warrantee is good, the shipping back to China is problematic, better to spend a little extra to get a warrantee that can be used, although it is unlikely you will use it, so you may prefer to take the risk, especially if you were buying a lot of them. The CYA warrantee will be good.
Do not use any adapters on the rear camera cable! This will damage the cable and void the warranty!
Follow the instructions and it will be perfectly reliable, but the rear camera cable is a piece of precision engineering which should not be messed with!

Depending on your credit cards terms you might gain an extra year warranty. Some credit cards do this, some do not.

So my Vantrue R2 crapped out after 1 year. The USB cable was fizzing up with smoke and everything so I'm done with that brand. I've been looking for 2 channel with wifi capability so the A129 fits the bill. Just curious, how good is the warranty if i buy it on Amazon through CYA vs straight from Viofo.

It simply means that you need to use the rear camera cable as is. Don't try to extend it or add any kind of adapter to change the plug orientation/angle. We had to stop including the 90 degree miniUSB adapter that we always included with all the Viofo cameras we sell (the adapter was for use with the USB power cable), because users were trying to use them on the rear camera cable and damaging it. It was posted in all our listings and we even started including notes on all the boxes, but it appears some were still trying it anyway, so we had to stop including them. We now add "Do not use any adapters on the rear camera cable! This will damage the cable and void the warranty!" in hopes that users won't get there own adapter and try it. We do still add the adapters to all the other Viofo models.
CYA has a one year warranty on all the Viofo cameras we sell.

It simply means that you need to use the rear camera cable as is. Don't try to extend it or add any kind of adapter to change the plug orientation/angle. We had to stop including the 90 degree miniUSB adapter that we always included with all the Viofo cameras we sell (the adapter was for use with the USB power cable), because users were trying to use them on the rear camera cable and damaging it. It was posted in all our listings and we even started including notes on all the boxes, but it appears some were still trying it anyway, so we had to stop including them. We now add "Do not use any adapters on the rear camera cable! This will damage the cable and void the warranty!" in hopes that users won't get there own adapter and try it. We do still add the adapters to all the other Viofo models.
CYA has a one year warranty on all the Viofo cameras we sell.
awesome! Thanks.

Depending on your credit cards terms you might gain an extra year warranty. Some credit cards do this, some do not.
I have Costco Citi. I know they double manufacturer's warranty, up to 24 months but still need to double check the fine prints.

What was smoking? The cable itself or a power adaptor on the end?

Depends on how it is shipped, if it is shipped (fulfilled) by Amazon then there will be no issues with warrantee wherever you buy it, but if shipped from Viofo China then even though the warrantee is good, the shipping back to China is problematic, better to spend a little extra to get a warrantee that can be used, although it is unlikely you will use it, so you may prefer to take the risk, especially if you were buying a lot of them. The CYA warrantee will be good.

Follow the instructions and it will be perfectly reliable, but the rear camera cable is a piece of precision engineering which should not be messed with!
what's the difference between the cable and power adapter? The R2 came with the dash cam, mount, and cable that hooks up to the cig outlet. The part that goes into cig outlet smoked. I swapped it out with other cable but discovered the dash cam had stopped recording a few days prior.

Back