M2 Discussion

from what you were getting from it my guess would be faulty DRAM but hard to say for sure, component failure can affect any product, nobody is exempt from that unfortunately, I'm sure the new one will be fine and it will be one of those things you may never know what the cause was but they're sorting it which is the main thing anyway

The Mobius 2 needs a lot of further development but I am becoming more impressed with what it can do the more I've experimented with it. At some point I think it will be an amazing little camera. It has the BEST dynamic range handling of any camera I have ever used. It also has a fantastic, highly corrected optic on it.

Last edited:
Well it will be interesting to see what they can do with it, it's not the easiest of environments to work in and will be a lot of work

@Isoprop
I wasn't complaining at all. I'm in for a M2 as soon as I can fund it. Nothing to dislike except waiting ;)

Just too #@"% much money going out lately with not enough coming in fast enough to swing it. Here that's called life as usual :rolleyes:

Phil

Does the M2 have a metal or a FRP lens holder? I recall when the C lens came out the FRP distorted in heat causing focus issues.

Does the M2 have a metal or a FRP lens holder? I recall when the C lens came out the FRP distorted in heat causing focus issues.

The problem with the original Mobius C lens was not due to the FRP lens module housing or the lens itself, it was caused by the metal base plate behind the sensor warping due to heat. The C2 lens module has a thicker plate.

What processor is M2 using that it only does 1080p? Mobius Mini, Runcam2, and Joovuu X all do 1440p. I thought Runcam and Joovuu was rebadged Mobius?

Seems like they really dropped the ball with this camera.

Mobius Mini would be perfect if it was compatible with Mobius M1/M2 lens.

What processor is M2 using that it only does 1080p? Mobius Mini, Runcam2, and Joovuu X all do 1440p. I thought Runcam and Joovuu was rebadged Mobius?

Seems like they really dropped the ball with this camera.

Mobius Mini would be perfect if it was compatible with Mobius M1/M2 lens.

It's not the processor, it's the sensor.

can't be @JooVuu hardware spec is completely different, Runcam I know the current product is different spec, not familiar with any of their older models but have never heard of them being the same or similar, maybe someone else here is familiar with those

Positively not JooVuu, can't say about any other nor have I personally heard of such. The MM isn't designed for dashcam use; it has a number of things proscribing that as has been well explained by the developers already. I do like the smaller size though- it's a cute little bugger isn't it? :D

Phil

I have looked inside my mobius 1 & 2 and a few Joovuu cameras, and they are nothing alike, not even if you get really drunk and then look at them.

New in here. May I know how you guys can have a live view mode on this Mobius 2 in order to adjust the mounting position view?

I just eyeball cameras like this, works pretty good but if i have been too far off i just tweak the camera on my next drive.
Only other way is to use the FPV wire harness that come with the camera, but to do that you will also need a LCD screen and some adapters as the plugs for the FPV harness is the same kind of plugs you will see on RC servos and speed controllers & receivers.

It is a wide angle lens so you have to be really googly eyed to line up in a manner thats useless, i just have the bottom inch or tow of my A-pillars in view when installed good, if its not good i might have a few more inches of one A-pillar and can just see the bottom of the other one.

Feeling so frustrated and regret after bought this Mobius 2. Starting from the packaging to the outlook to the video quality to the features. So disappointed why this second generation of Mobius camera still can not provide the basic Live View mode feature because this model don't have the LCD screen built in. Don't mention to comparing with many nowadays action cameras are coming with LCD screen (even small), 4K resolution, HDMI output, WiFi connect, waterproof case or huge mounting accessories. It seems like a several years ago OEM sample stuffs. Not even a brand name on the box but only a plain white box. The video quality was general. Really not a final retail product and not worth for this not cheap price. :mad:

Sorry, may be I complain too much. I bought this Mobius 2 because I only want to buy a new dash cam to replace my old one. My old SJ1000 got the swollen battery issue after hot summer season. The Mobius is quite good that it officially can provide the capacitor replacement with battery feature. Don't mind the high price, no LCD screen, no wireless and many other modern features like the other action cameras on the market if it's really reliable. But didn't expect it's no Live View mode feature. So have to waste a lot of time to watch the recorded videos for adjusting to the best view shooting angle like old days.:mad:

Please let me know if anyone can successfully get the Live View mode (not FPV) on this Mobius 2.:)

Back