MicroSD options, including MLC cards

Ok, cool, good to know there are a couple different MLC models in that line. I've yet to hear any major complaints about ADATA, but I haven't heard my hat all in the first place. If it's affordable, I might say go for it.

ADATA is a big, big memory company who have only really started selling to consumers. Up until now they've been selling to OEMs, like Dell, Asus, Synology, etc. You'll find their RAM and SSDs in a good proportion of IT equipment that comes out of China or S. Korea.

I have one of their XPG SSDs (SX8000 256GB M.2 NVMe) in my PC, and it's just as good as the Samsung 950Pro that it replaced. It doesn't overheat like the Samsung, so is probably more consistent in general use compared to the S. Korean.

Was just looking up some of the ADATA stuff on Amazon as I am looking for an SDCard for the Opia2 I just ordered. I think I might give the "ADATA Premier 64GB microSDHC/SDXC UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card with Adapter Read up to 85 MB/s" to try as I was leaning towards a "Transcend 64GB Ultimate UHS-I microSDXC" till I saw the warranty didn't cover dash cams.

Normally I'd just get a SanDisk but I've had to send my 64GB back multiple times now to be replaced because they have stopped working in my phone. I like their warranty and hate their product. >_<

Strange cuz my Trancend Ultimate have a dashcam on the packing ( automotive recorders in lower Left corner in picture. )

trancend633_big_thumb.jpg

Yeah, in the US at least dashcam use voids the warranty. Not sure about EU or other places.

Hmm, I can't seem to find the ADATA Premier Pro cards being sold anywhere right now over 16GB. Was hoping to pick up a 64GB. :\

Mine is always in short supply- it just happens when you get older :D

After a 5+ week wait, my Transcend 32GB card finally arrived today. I wonder what happens when you warranty a card with this shortage going on? Do you wait as long as the regular buyers do? If so that warranty ain't much good.

Phil

Mine is always in short supply- it just happens when you get older :D

After a 5+ week wait, my Transcend 32GB card finally arrived today. I wonder what happens when you warranty a card with this shortage going on? Do you wait as long as the regular buyers do? If so that warranty ain't much good.

Phil

depends where you're buying from and how much stock they're holding I guess

I RMAed a Lexar card to a UK company selling on Amazon, but the new card came to me from Lexar in Holland.
But this was long ago.

Mobile phone

Yep........... I have a nice new phone and mostly for its many other useful features like voice recording and FM radio and the camera is fine with video at reasonable definition.

Mobile phone

So fruit phones got a card reader now :p

I put the 128 Gb card from the V1 9665GC into my new phone, so far the Toshiba card also working fine there.

Somewhat related i was shopping today and saw a guy with the new red & white fruit phone, i almost burst out laughing though as a Dane that color-combination are valid.

Back