Mini 0803 coming

I have received my 0803 from e-prance. I tried out, but the picture/video quality was quite poor :( It has FW20140326 V1.0 firmware on the device. I asked e-prance for the latest firmware, and they sent immediately the 20140507 v1.0 firmware to try. It's a little bit better, still not as good as expected... I'm still hesitating to send it back, or wait for newer firmware. Eventough I have the 8GB internal memory with GPS version, I tried out the mentioned 20140510 V1 firmware too, however I could not manage the internal memory (the device was able to playback the video, but when I connected to my computer, it was not recognized as host). The video quality is very similar with both firmwares. The only difference I recognized, (over that 20140510 V1 is not handling the internal memory), that e-prance version starts with e-prance logo, the other one starts with the car picture logo. Both has km/h or mph/h selection now.
A longer test video is just uploading to youtube right now. I will share the link when ready...

The new version use new lens, to avoid short delivery of lens, the manufacture use new lens for 2nd production.
The new lens maybe a little better, we will upload some footage for both version.
Both version will be supported by manufacture.

Well, I just ordered one from you this time since people here say you are good to deal with. I put in a note pleading for one that actually works, since this will be my fourth mini-from 2 other manufacturers- (2 0801's and one 0803, all returned for defects) and I really, really want to be sure to get the best lens and software. This has been a really frustrating game for me. :(

Last edited:
The new version use new lens, to avoid short delivery of lens, the manufacture use new lens for 2nd production.
The new lens maybe a little better, we will upload some footage for both version.
Both version will be supported by manufacture.

You've got a private message ;)

Anybody got the LDWS working on the 0803 yet?

I just uploaded my test video to youtube.
Ambarella Mini 0803 8GB internal memory with GPS. E-prance fw:20140507 v1.
1080p, WDR disabled.
Unfortunately youtube compressed, and made even worst my original video...

Ahhhh, it's not so fair showing videos on youtube. It's horrible.
There is a snapshot from youtube:
1.jpg

and the same from the original video:
2.png

Hmmmm. Not impressed with that still.
Can you upload the original video file somewhere for us to download???

Thanks Stef for the stills.
It looks like really horrible !!! Same issue as the Panasonic FZ100.
Is it the last firmware version ?
If it's the last firmware, i will definitely not buy the 0803 :mad:

Ahhhh, it's not so fair showing videos on youtube. It's horrible.
There is a snapshot from youtube:
and the same from the original video:
Thanks for re-enforcing my decision to return 0803 back. Just got 0801 as backup for $75 from foxoffer. I think the issue is with chipset itself (hardware encoder), looks like we need to wait till next generation. They (Ambarella folks) blew this one, it is too late to fix anything. Either something went wrong with fabrication or they made huge mistake during design. It is royal big mess to recover from.

Last edited:
I pre-ordered mine but doesn't show as shipped yet. :confused:
My pre-order went from "Processing" to "Shipped" overnight....

Looking at the various posts I am wondering if I may have wasted my money.:confused: Time will tell...

Back