Mini 0803 coming

My pre-order went from "Processing" to "Shipped" overnight....

Looking at the various posts I am wondering if I may have wasted my money.:confused: Time will tell...

if you're going to compare video to your Mobius you're probably not going to be pleased, I'm sure Rayman will be eager for your feedback though ;)

if you're going to compare video to your Mobius you're probably not going to be pleased, I'm sure Rayman will be eager for your feedback though ;)
I have prepared myself for that certainty by wearing these:cool: and by carrying a white stick.

Maybe the Mini 0803 has altered the definition of DVR = Draw-mounted Video Recorder?:confused: Because that's where it is likely to end up!

Where did it go so wrong, Rayman??! He will certainly be getting my feedback, as he's requested it, in due course...:rolleyes::eek::mad: :p

In the meantime I leave you with a quote which neatly sums up my current mood:-
Marvin the Paranoid Android "I think you ought to know that I am feeling rather depressed."o_O
(Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy - Douglas Adams)

Last edited:
Watching your clip, apart from when you started, I could not read one car registration plate, nor any street signs as you were driving - which defeats the whole point of having the camera :(
Did you download the clip to your local computer, or watching directly from the website? I'm wondering if plate numbers or street signs are not readable... Even if it's not a top quality dashcam, I can read mostly everything when I pause the video, and watching the stills only.
So, it's really not the best, but usable. I hope it will be better with later's firmware update... When I received the cam, and I went to try it out with the original fw (20140326 V1.0) was so terrible, that crying when a saw the result...

This is a capture from old firmware (totaly lack of any details...):
origfirm1.png

Hi

Managed to load FW 40510V1 on foxoffer supplied 0803 with no problems.
Captured some video on a perfect clear sunny day and video appears to be better on 1080p than 1296p.
Nothing is really legible while driving with either setting but 1080p seems to flow better.
If pausing video, number plates need to be within a few meters to be legible.
When paused and then zoomed 1296p shows them better .If you zoom the picture, plates can be read.
Will try to upload some picture showing the above.
Will be taking some night video at next opportunity.
Unable to upload any video at this point due to upload limitations, but will try once I'm back in Sydney 26th May.
1080p unzoomed Frame .jpg 1080p zoomed Frame .jpg 1295p zoomed Frame .jpg 1296p un zoomed Frame .jpg

First time uploading didn't know that the titles don't show.
Therefore the white car pictures 1080p
The blue/purple car 1096p
Also the camera mount is a bit loose when on car and cam gets quite hot.

Watching your clip, apart from when you started, I could not read one car registration plate, nor any street signs as you were driving - which defeats the whole point of having the camera :(
You are pretty not fair. Numbers can be read by pausing video, but not so easy due to picture quality that looks horrible. It looks like it is too much compressed.

Managed to load FW 40510V1 on foxoffer supplied 0803 with no problems.
If pausing video, number plates need to be within a few meters to be legible.
When paused and then zoomed 1296p shows them better .If you zoom the picture, plates can be read.
Yes you can read plates, but will be harder when vehicles will be moving...Here again the quality of still pictures is horrible.

This is a capture from old firmware (totaly lack of any details...):
Here we can see a big improvement between old and new firmware. Let's hope that, as @jokiin says, so much improvement is still available by continuying working on the firmware. The question is : will @Rayman.Chan still go on working on the firmware, and when will the firmware be able to give us perfect pictures ? At this point, my G1W is performing MUCH better than this 0803 o_O

Last edited:
Here we can see a big improvement between old and new firmware. Let's hope that, as @jokiin says, so much improvement is still available by continuying working firmware. The question is : will @Rayman.Chan still go on working on the firmware, and when will the firmware be able to give us perfect pictures ? At this point, my G1W is performing MUCH better than this 0803 o_O

they don't do the firmware, they can take the feedback to the developers though

Even if it's not a top quality dashcam, I can read mostly everything when I pause the video, and watching the stills only.
So, it's really not the best, but usable. I hope it will be better with later's firmware update...
...If pausing video, number plates need to be within a few meters to be legible.
Nice to hear it is usable, even if the clarity needs further FW development work.;)

Nice to hear it is usable, even if the clarity needs further FW development work.;)
It is usable for someone who has never had a better dashcam before.
Compared to my DVR-207 it is better. But compared to my G1W... it is not !
Very disappointing.

My pre-order went from "Processing" to "Shipped" overnight....

Looking at the various posts I am wondering if I may have wasted my money.:confused: Time will tell...

Same here, got the email overnight, have a similar feeling as you about this. Well see...

Any requests?
Could you please test WDR ON and WDR OFF ?
And please set loop to 2 min to make files smaller ;)

Did you manage to make the LDWS work ?

2 days ago, my first test video made with WDR ON. My experiance was that it's better to turn off in case of daytime. I did not try a nightime video yet, but my guess is, that WDR ON is just increasing the iso level higher, making the dark scenes brighter (and noisier...). My loop setting is 1 min, but I can group and ungroup the appended mov files each other with the "Registrator Viewer" app. I try to manage LDWS on the afternoon, but as I remember some calibration needed for that. Hungarian road signs are not so well painted... :( Anyway, I'll give a try.

I also activated the long version I tested with WDR ON :

Thanks, but can't analyse anything with Youtube damn compression :(
Anyway to upload the first 2 minutes ?

Thanks, but can't analyse anything with Youtube damn compression :(
Anyway to upload the first 2 minutes ?
OK. Today evening I can crop the first 2 minutes and upload somewhere

try once I'm back in Sydney 26th May.

fist of all, your weather is much much much better than it is here in China...... the sky is quite blue!

Compared to my DVR-207 it is better. But compared to my G1W... it is not !
Very disappointing.

I uploaded the videos of my G1W which is 6G lens inside, which shoting the same time with 0803. (the common G1W on market is 4G lens)
in city:
RAW file: http://video.megcn.com/X98 6G/2000_0504_055228_004.MOV

on high way:
RAW file: http://video.megcn.com/X98 6G/2000_0504_234830_009.MOV

in night:
RAW file: http://video.megcn.com/X98 6G/2000_0505_090319_002.MOV

Last edited:
Back