Mini 0803 coming

So, I made the 1296p test, but looks not relevant because of the rain... :(
Overall, my opinion is still that 1296p does not give more advantage in PQ as 1080p, but using more bandwidth...
WDR was turned ON, in the future, I will defenetly turn off this feature in daytime. As I guessed, resulting only more noise :(
You are right, hard to compare 1080p and 1296p as the weather is different. What makes the noise is the low brightness due to rain. It would be better to compare during a sunny day.
Anyway, I think it is a little better in 1296p, but only 3h45 recording on a 32GB SDcard is really short... :(

OK, to whom it may interest yet, I uploaded 2 video 1080p WDR ON vs. 1296p WDR ON more or less with the same route. The weather was a little bit different but no rain finally.
Two snapshot here:
1080p:
1080p.png

1296p:
1296p.png

and the videos for 48hrs or till someone will be so kind again to upload somewhere :)
http://www.fokfoldiibolyak.hu/Content/Images/0803/AMBA0003-0009.MOV
http://www.fokfoldiibolyak.hu/Content/Images/0803/AMBA0016-0023.MOV

Thanks ! Hard to say which is the best between the 2 screenshots.
1080p has lower painted effects, but also less details.

You take a look at some of my raw footage here 1080p WDR on.

Its the grey "download this file" in middle of screen. To avoid bloatware.

It's impossible to see a number plate even up close with so much dash reflection.

Please, could anyone post a picture of the plug of the 0803 micro USB mount ?
I would like to see the orientation of the Micro USB plug.

a hardwire kit will make things easier.
designed for 0803 with UPwards cable end.
QQ图片20140515224238.jpg

Did you update firmware to last release (May 2014) ?
please update to 20140510V1 which i provided. <download>
(sorry 1296P option missing in 20140507V1 firmware)

Hi Rayman
I'm a typical Joe public customer who just wants the purchase to work straight out of the box. Where can I purchase a mini 0803 with the final build and latest firmware ?
I've clicked your link but can't find purchase links.

Does the 20140510 really make much difference and would be interested to hear users views as my camera is now broken so I'm looking to replace.

a hardwire kit will make things easier.
designed for 0803 with UPwards cable end.
Thanks for the hard wire kit photo.

I have searched for this on eBay & Amazon without any joy. There are some for the Mini 0801 with mini USB connector, but none I can find with a micro USB connector that's needed with the Mini 0803.

Please can you point us in the direction of some sellers?

Last edited:
Thanks for the hard wire kit photo.

I have searched for this on eBay & Amazon without any joy. There are some for the Mini 801 with mini USB connector, but none I can find with a micro USB connector.

Please can you point us in the direction of some sellers?

I just got a USB buck. Loads on ebay for £4 just ordered another 2 as they are perfect size for the job and if you change your camera you don't have desolder the hard wire part just plug the new type cable into USB port and route cable to mounting point.
Like this one

Hi Rayman
I'm a typical Joe public customer who just wants the purchase to work straight out of the box. Where can I purchase a mini 0803 with the final build and latest firmware ?
I've clicked your link but can't find purchase links.

Does the 20140510 really make much difference and would be interested to hear users views as my camera is now broken so I'm looking to replace.
FoxOffer & JooVuu certainly have them.;)

That looks like the same one I found, with a mini USB connector (used by 0801 & Mobius).
The Mini 0803 needs a micro USB connector.

Looked like it has a micro USB connector

Back